Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
We've never met but thanks to years on this board I think I know your rough demographic so I'm going to take a punt and assume that the times you've been to the pub have been similar to mine, i.e not down St Mary's St at night on a weekend, where I think it's a very different story.

It's incredibly unfair that local pubs are being punished when they're doing things properly though, a lot won't survive this latest round of rules
There are grants available, whether or not they're enough to cover staff and other costs isn't something i know. The other issue is bosses who are using this pandemic as an excuse to bail out, reduce staff (many of whom are on zero hour contracts and minimum wage) Because they're not making enough for the shareholders -see Toby carvery-Harvester-Like they have no responsibility towards their staff, and that twat who runs Wetherspoons, ****ing about with workers conditions etc, while taking taxpayers cash. I do feel for the independents, sole traders etc. I just hope that these grants can keep them afloat and that when this shit is over that there is a boom in hospitality so that they can claw back whatever is lost.