+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pubs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Pubs

I’m no supporter of the Welsh Government’s record on coronavirus restrictions but given the current situation I don’t see how they could do anything else but shutdown indoor hospitality. The R rate in Wales is way over 1 which means the virus is spreading exponentially. Transmission occurs in indoor environments where people meet and gather together in close proximity for extended periods of time like in pubs and restaurants.

Today’s decision is a political embarrassment for the Welsh Government and an admission that their decision to open everything up after the short firebreak was a serious error. It was just about the last thing they wanted to do but they had no choice. Their motivation taking this decision was to protect the NHS and save lives and they get my support for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    I’m no supporter of the Welsh Government’s record on coronavirus restrictions but given the current situation I don’t see how they could do anything else but shutdown indoor hospitality. The R rate in Wales is way over 1 which means the virus is spreading exponentially. Transmission occurs in indoor environments where people meet and gather together in close proximity for extended periods of time like in pubs and restaurants.

Today’s decision is a political embarrassment for the Welsh Government and an admission that their decision to open everything up after the short firebreak was a serious error. It was just about the last thing they wanted to do but they had no choice. Their motivation taking this decision was to protect the NHS and save lives and they get my support for that.
    That's pretty much how i see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    I'm in total agreement here, though apart from the delay in implementing the initial lockdown in March, I find it difficult to blame our politicians too much for their decisions, whether here or in Westminster. Both countries and parties in charge have made mistakes, made decisions that don't make sense, changed their minds rapidly (which I don't mind as that shows they've learned from a mistake) and so on.

The last month or so has shown things for what they are. Senedd and Stormont announce Firebreak lockdown. Westminster decline, saying there's no need as the tier system is ok. R comes down in Wales. England u-turn and announce a lockdown. Wales reopens. Wales quickly realise the short lockdown didn't have the required effect and impose new measures. England's rate reducing.