+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Pubs

Re: Pubs

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that sounds cool as ****, where do I sign up
    Join the queue, it’s by little Garth quarry a week Saturday. Take the path all the way up from the tynant pub, about a mile. There always landing up there

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/l...losed-19386455

You have to feel for responsible pub and restaurant staff, owners etc when cases of this level of stupidity seem to outweigh all the excellent and responsible safety measures taking place.

As for the people involved, what stupid waankers. Knowing the Labour club a dose of Covid could decimate their client group.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/l...losed-19386455

You have to feel for responsible pub and restaurant staff, owners etc when cases of this level of stupidity seem to outweigh all the excellent and responsible safety measures taking place.

As for the people involved, what stupid waankers. Knowing the Labour club a dose of Covid could decimate their client group.
    I think that is true of most supposedly 'political' clubs around the country!!

Agreed about the rest. It also raises another issue. Should politicians try to protect the public from the idiot actions of a minority, even if those actions impinge on the daily lives of some?

There are pubs and clubs that have been closed by councils for not being covid compliant. I would say most of us have seen the students and party goers in Cardiff and elsewhere and been, in the main, critical of their inebriated actions. Needless to say, these incidents are in the minority.

I can't find the link at the moment but there's a very good page on the BBC website looking at hospitality and covid, with links to several reports, other stats and so on. It's reckoned that just under 6% of covid cases have been transmitted in pubs, clubs and restaurants. True, it's a low number. It shows that the majority of pubs have got things right. I think it shows that many people are responsible.

The crux is those pubs that haven't but haven't been reported, where ill practice isn't known by councils. One of the reports (it may have been from the Scottish Government) recognised the importance of pubs and restaurants but accepted that one problem with people going out and getting pissed was the aftermath, where peoples' guard and common sense drops resulting in little social distancing, disregard for masks. December is traditionally a busy partying month in pubs and so those risks undoubtedly rise.

For someone like myself who enjoys a trip to the pub but who follows every guideline and goes home safely without putting anyone in any danger of contracting covid, the actions of the minority have a negative effect on the rest. Frustrating? A bit, but it's only a couple of weeks.

International

What really gets me is that although there is money for businesses for rates rent etc. there is no money for the staff, and it is quite deliberate.

If he ordered the pubs and restaurants to close he would have to pay for the furlough of the workers but as he has only banned the sale of alcohol and allowed them to stay open if the management lay staff off that's their decision and so he is not responsible and doesn't have to pay them.
    Calculated and vindictive, that's what I think!

International

I posted this in the 'Pub' thread but I think it is just as relevant here, so excuse the repetition.

What really gets me is that although there is money for businesses for rates rent etc. there is no money for the staff, and it is quite deliberate.

If he ordered the pubs and restaurants to close he would have to pay for the furlough of the workers but as he has only banned the sale of alcohol and allowed them to stay open if the management lay staff off that's their decision and so he is not responsible and doesn't have to pay them.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I posted this in the 'Pub' thread but I think it is just as relevant here, so excuse the repetition.

This could probably be posted in the 'Pub' thread too, to make sure more people see it.

Or you could make a new thread about drinking establishments and put it there.

International

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    This could probably be posted in the 'Pub' thread too, to make sure more people see it.

Or you could make a new thread about drinking establishments and put it there.
    Or maybe one about restaurants and Gastro pubs. I'll have a think about that. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think that is true of most supposedly 'political' clubs around the country!!

Agreed about the rest. It also raises another issue. Should politicians try to protect the public from the idiot actions of a minority, even if those actions impinge on the daily lives of some?

There are pubs and clubs that have been closed by councils for not being covid compliant. I would say most of us have seen the students and party goers in Cardiff and elsewhere and been, in the main, critical of their inebriated actions. Needless to say, these incidents are in the minority.

I can't find the link at the moment but there's a very good page on the BBC website looking at hospitality and covid, with links to several reports, other stats and so on. It's reckoned that just under 6% of covid cases have been transmitted in pubs, clubs and restaurants. True, it's a low number. It shows that the majority of pubs have got things right. I think it shows that many people are responsible.

The crux is those pubs that haven't but haven't been reported, where ill practice isn't known by councils. One of the reports (it may have been from the Scottish Government) recognised the importance of pubs and restaurants but accepted that one problem with people going out and getting pissed was the aftermath, where peoples' guard and common sense drops resulting in little social distancing, disregard for masks. December is traditionally a busy partying month in pubs and so those risks undoubtedly rise.

For someone like myself who enjoys a trip to the pub but who follows every guideline and goes home safely without putting anyone in any danger of contracting covid, the actions of the minority have a negative effect on the rest. Frustrating? A bit, but it's only a couple of weeks.
    I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said there and you highlight the issue faced by our politicians in relation to the decision made regarding pubs, clubs etc.

Latest from Mark Drakeford:

"There needs to be “a sustained fall” in the number of coronavirus cases to reverse the alcohol ban being imposed in Wales from this evening, the first minister has said.

Pubs and restaurants throughout Wales will be barred from serving alcohol on their premises from 18:00 on Friday.

The measures are due to be reviewed on 17 December.

But Mark Drakeford warned of conditions needed for the ban to be lifted.

“We would need to see figures coming down across Wales, we need to see a sustained fall in those numbers and be clear that the trajectory is heading down as well," he said.

“And we would need to see Wales in terms of the number of people falling ill with coronavirus coming more into line with the levels that are used to determine level two and tier two in England and Scotland.

“Because if that were to be the case, then the flow of people into our hospital system and the pressures that are currently being created there would be being mitigated.

“But those are the sorts of things that we would need to see before we would be in a position to do anything to lessen the restrictions that we have to have in place in Wales, in order to bring the virus under control.”

At least February then as at the moment its flying upwards!!