+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pubs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Pubs

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I think the truth is the 'experts' and the politicians don't know for sure how or where the virus is transmitting, hence the slapdash and ever-changing approach to the restrictions and the failure to bring the virus properly under control.
    Would help if the test, track and trace system worked.

When face masks were introduced across the rest of the UK, I'm sure it was the Health minister here saying they weren't required and WAG had taken the approach because the science was being followed?
    That lasted about a month, before they introduced the compulsory wearing of face masks in public places ??????
    Ive got to the stage now if one of them told me night followed day, I'd check outside

Firstly, that article was from the first week of October. Secondly, the data sample was very small. Thirdly, I think the truth is the 'experts' and the politicians don't know for sure how or where the virus is transmitting, hence the slapdash and ever-changing approach to the restrictions and the failure to bring the virus properly under control.
    Sorry missed this. I think they're pretty sure how it does spread now and it's mostly in poorly ventillated areas.

I agree the slapdash and ever changing approach isn't great but unless there is a track and trace system that works it has to be balanced somehow. It's a shame pubs have to close but there are other options.

It is what it is, can't say I agree with it but I'm not going to kick up a fuss like its the end of the world for me, feel sorry for the businesses.

The problem is while some pubs/bars have been excellent some have not. That goes the same for the general public, I find it quite funny that those who have shouted loudest about this on my FB are the ones who seem to mostly ignore the rules or at least stretch them beyond what is acceptable.

For me the problem here is people, a lot of people seem to think they can bend a rule here and there, while some just don't care. People can't be trusted to follow basic rules. If people just limited interaction to a reasonable level and kept 2m I have no doubt we wouldn't be in this position.

Ive been going to a pub once a week since it reopened in July. Ive actually gone to 2 but stopped going to 1 as it is in a busier area.

Ive only been out in the afternoon and felt its a calculated risk worth taking as the pub I go to is managing things really well.

However ive got numerous friends who have caught covid and a common feature are pubs in busier parts at night.

With the increased numbers in younger people to say in particular nightime hospitality isnt a significant part of the cause of the rise in cases isnt right. Its not just inside the pubs its outside spilling into the streets then going home and their families get it.

I do think hes gone too far though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55142386

New rules for pubs are "insulting" and "a huge slap in the face" for the sector, said the boss of Wales' biggest brewers.

Examples?
    Walking, exercise, having a chat on the doorstep, until recently, going for some food, or can you still do that? I understand that some people aren't capable of going for a walk or exercise because of disability etc, so it's not ideal, or particularly exciting. It's all we've got though, so maybe people with the ability to do those things should give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Walking, exercise, having a chat on the doorstep, until recently, going for some food, or can you still do that? I understand that some people aren't capable of going for a walk or exercise because of disability etc, so it's not ideal, or particularly exciting. It's all we've got though, so maybe people with the ability to do those things should give it a try.
    I work five days a week. My friend works all sorts of shifts (as a nurse in the Heath as it happens). I get home most evenings at somewhere between 5:00pm and 6:30pm. She has loads of family commitments. We were planning to have a few hours in the pub on Saturday night for the first time since February. That's not possible now. Therefore, we're trying to sort something out for one evening next week, but we can't go to our local pub or any of our local restaurants. They've all been closed down by the WAG. We can't meet in either of our houses. That's outlawed. So what do we do? Wander the streets in the cold and dark? Or just accept than doing anything remotely normal like meeting up a with a lifelong friend is considered out of bounds in Wales right now?

I guess we could meet up in Tesco or Asda and spend a few hours in the non-essential aisles.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Think you are a bit unique like that Tuerto, is it you that said you dont sit around much and will do work or DIY a lot? Unlike some I can’t recall who says what on here I’m a bit like you too, always got things I can get on with but as much as I get bored very quickly it’s good to catch up and hear other people’s opinions even if I don’t agree.....
    I do have to keep myself busy, believe me, it's better that I do! I don't really need a great deal of social interaction, if I do then it has to be purposeful. When I haven't got something to focus on, to that's when the problems start, so, in theory, it's like lockdown for me most days, because I get bored very quickly. I'm getting better as I mature, but up until I was 40, Woking 15 hour days was quite normal, and it wasn't really for the money, although that helped! I can't even go to the cinema as I get anxious about having to sit down for a couple of hours!

I work five days a week. My friend works all sorts of shifts (as a nurse in the Heath as it happens). I get home most evenings at somewhere between 5:00pm and 6:30pm. She has loads of family commitments. We were planning to have a few hours in the pub on Saturday night for the first time since February. That's not possible now. Therefore, we're trying to sort something out for one evening next week, but we can't go to our local pub or any of our local restaurants. They've all been closed down by the WAG. We can't meet in either of our houses. That's outlawed. So what do we do? Wander the streets in the cold and dark? Or just accept than doing anything remotely normal like meeting up a with a lifelong friend is considered out of bounds in Wales right now?

I guess we could meet up in Tesco or Asda and spend a few hours in the non-essential aisles.....
    Go for a walk on a weekend morning, take some food or something, I'm not being facetious, I know that sounds a bit shit, maybe the wag have gone to far, I can't really come to a conclusion based on what individuals say to me. It's far from ideal but as it stands we've all got to fit in with this shit storm. We can either let it effect us or try something different. I suppose a lot of how people respond is down to character, need and circumstance. I know that it's been difficult for you.

I suppose a lot of how people respond is down to character, need and circumstance. I know that it's been difficult for you.
    You could have added intelligence, ability to invoke a flexible/intuitive response, able to assimilate posts of others (yours above would be unintellible, I guess), nous, common sense and joie de vivre.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    You could have added intelligence, ability to invoke a flexible/intuitive response, able to assimilate posts of others (yours above would be unintellible, I guess), nous, common sense and joie de vivre.
    Unintellible?

I've given some thought to your 'unintellible' contribution and I reckon you may be onto something. Perhaps under the current circumstances I should stop concerning myself with the validity or otherwise of the restrictions that are being imposed upon us, and instead attempt to live my life vicariously.

Maybe I could spend my time writing reams of rambling rubbish about other people's families. Then perhaps I could massage my enormous ego and display my superior intellect by playing petty mind games with them over my prices.

These are strange times indeed. Adaptation is the key.

Maybe I could spend my time writing reams of rambling rubbish about other people's families.
    Hope the gent who wrote this, doesn't mind me quoting from his e-mail sent to me last night:

"That is truly spectacular ! As I said I’ve been looking for what must be 12 -15yrs for xxx's parents. You have done an incredible piece of detective work – way beyond anything I would have got to within even a fraction of. I’m going to print your email off, then access all the reference points you have highlighted – plus those others you have suggested – and sit down and lay it all out on a large table !
    Please accept my sincere gratitude for your work and expertise – I can now hopefully continue where your excellent work has taken me."

Rambling rubbish, huh?
    You've made yourself appear foolish, in my eye anyway.

Rambling rubbish, huh?
    You're clearly an amazing man. Your genius knows no bounds. It's seemingly matched only by your ego.

Go for a walk on a weekend morning, take some food or something, I'm not being facetious, I know that sounds a bit shit, maybe the wag have gone to far, I can't really come to a conclusion based on what individuals say to me. It's far from ideal but as it stands we've all got to fit in with this shit storm. We can either let it effect us or try something different. I suppose a lot of how people respond is down to character, need and circumstance. I know that it's been difficult for you.
    Maybe just book in a breakfast catch up.....

Maybe just book in a breakfast catch up.....
    In one of those poorly-ventilated premises that become even more dangerous after 6pm? Are you crazy?!?

In one of those poorly-ventilated premises that become even more dangerous after 6pm? Are you crazy?!?
    In fairness I think people do become less cautious after having a few drinks.

What's the other option shut everything? It isn't ideal but I don't envy the people who have to come up with the ways of balancing what is an acceptable level of risk/

I take the kids over to the Bevan on gabalfa interchange, it’s big enough to cope with all our germs.....you can even sneak a can of strongbow in and neck it in the bogs, or just add a shot of rum to your coke

I take the kids over to the Bevan on gabalfa interchange, it’s big enough to cope with all our germs.....you can even sneak a can of strongbow in and neck it in the bogs, or just add a shot of rum to your coke
    Genius

Fair play goats, thinking outside the box!

Fair play goats, thinking outside the box!
    Not that I’d be doing that I might add, but no doubt some will.....

Brains furloughing staff and Gove tells WAG where it went wrong - he's got a point I think in this instance;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55144857

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Brains furloughing staff and Gove tells WAG where it went wrong - he's got a point I think in this instance;-

Yes reckon a lot of pubs in Cardiff will now shut, the wife’s booking at the three arches for her birthday on a Saturday lunchtime has just been cancelled by them she says.....

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I agree. It seems like we came out way to early, shops were packed in the days following the lifting of restrictions. From one extreme to the other, and the Welsh government need to be held accountable for that. The one thing that I don't understand us this; wouldn't the same thing happen no matter how long the lockdown is? As soon as people are allowed to go about their business, then they will. Going by that theory, wouldn't this have happened a couple of weeks later than now? If someone wants to correct me in that then crack on, the only way to stop a rise in cases would be a permanent lockdown.