+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vaccine Passport To Watch Footy

Re: Vaccine Passport To Watch Footy

Yes I would take it anyway, I like the idea of incentivising people who don't want to take it, otherwise if 50% say no we can't move on, that's got to be better than compulsory vaccines!

Is there anyone on here who is minded to refuse the vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yeah but what if the method was something unenjoyable, would you still take it then?
    I suppose I'd think twice, then.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I have my concerns that it is all being rushed into place when compared to the normal progress/ length of time a medicine passes before being approved for use on the public. Additional, being a bit of a hippy I am very much into alternative/ homeopathic medicine.

However, I do accept these are unusual times so on balance will probably be vaccinated but not without an element of worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I have my concerns that it is all being rushed into place when compared to the normal progress/ length of time a medicine passes before being approved for use on the public. Additional, being a bit of a hippy I am very much into alternative/ homeopathic medicine.

However, I do accept these are unusual times so on balance will probably be vaccinated but not without an element of worry.
    But there is a reason it's been able to happen so quickly, all the usual safety measures have still been taken.

Usually a vaccine takes years to develop because:

It takes years to get funding for each phase
    It takes years to get enough people to be infected to get the results
    It usually takes years to move between phases due to having to present results and agree further funding.

So things haven't been done any differently really, it's just been the perfect situation to develop a vaccine.

People will also say mRNA vaccines are new but they've been developed and tested for years. There was even one for SARs in development which was a coronavirus itself and it's been developed from that.

Vaccine side effects are rarely ever latent and any side effcts are usually revealed early on.

Like with everything there are risks but they are very low chance.

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Yes
    If it's proved safe, why wouldn't you have it?

Me.

If it keeps me away from watching hoof ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I doubt it can be proved safe in such a short time.
    Although the developers have said they arent starting from scratch , they have been getting ready for this .

I will take the vaccine . Because its in my nature to try things that may be dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Personally I've never felt threatened by Covid - the stats said I'm not at risk, so I was never going to have it. Ironically, 10 days ago after feeling a bit rough I went down the City and got tested - and came back positive, so obviously it's not going to benefit me. Don't get me wrong, vaccine[s] are the solution. Otherwise Boris & Co will have us doing the Hokey Cokey until every viable business has gone under..

Personally I've never felt threatened by Covid - the stats said I'm not at risk, so I was never going to have it. Ironically, 10 days ago after feeling a bit rough I went down the City and got tested - and came back positive, so obviously it's not going to benefit me. Don't get me wrong, vaccine[s] are the solution. Otherwise Boris & Co will have us doing the Hokey Cokey until every viable business has gone under..
    You won't be immune forever, people have caught it who have had it before. I know a girl at work and both of her parents have died of it aged 50 and 52. Anyway, I'd say it's your choice but in this instance, take the bloody vaccine . It's anti-vaxxers fault we aren't even classed as being measles free now!

It isn't about the individual threat to you though, it's about you being able to give it to other people who it is a threat to. Between this and thinking lock down has not affect on the number of covid infections I feel like despite constantly contributing to these threads you haven't taken anything in at all.

Plus who knows when you'll develop an underlying condition or if you end up getting a high viral load it doesn't matter how young or fit you are.

If your worried about the whole vaccine, just take half and see how you get on

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Why not let the queen have the vaccine live on TV. I'd do it after that then. 👍
    Bollux!
    Fook foockerty fook fook fook!Only kidding!
    Had my fingers crossed.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/133961...-anti-vaxxers/

What have the great minds of the homeopathic world come up with to combat covid? Or, in fact, ANYTHING EVER?

But there is a reason it's been able to happen so quickly, all the usual safety measures have still been taken.

It usually takes years to move between phases due to having to present results and agree further funding.

So things haven't been done any differently really, it's just been the perfect situation to develop a vaccine.

People will also say mRNA vaccines are new but they've been developed and tested for years. There was even one for SARs in development which was a coronavirus itself and it's been developed from that.

Vaccine side effects are rarely ever latent and any side effcts are usually revealed early on.

What a great post, facts, facts and more facts. Only thing I'd disagree with is the "very low" chance. I'd say an extremely low chance.

What a great post, it demonstrates ignorance, selfishness and jumping to conclusions based on your self-diagnosis of being far cleverer than anyone who does this for a living.

It isn't about the individual threat to you though, it's about you being able to give it to other people who it is a threat to. Between this and thinking lock down has not affect on the number of covid infections I feel like despite constantly contributing to these threads you haven't taken anything in at all.

Plus who knows when you'll develop an underlying condition or if you end up getting a high viral load it doesn't matter how young or fit you are.
    Amazed how many people dont get this, stating, they think they will be ok bla bla, how do you know? Maybe a hospital should release a documentary on it showing the viral load that some have to suffer, fit healthy people. I think we have a right battle on our hands getting this message over. I’ll be amazed if any country will allow you to fly there without it, with possibly the exception of Iran.....

I've had loads of vaccinations throughout my life and I'm still here.Its amazing the bullshit excuses that come out because big tough guys are afraid of a little needle.

I'm having my vaccine on Tuesday.
    Bill Gates will tell you all how I got on

Good luck with trying a homeopathic treatment for Covid. The best one I ever came across was a homeopathic pill for hayfever a few years ago - instructions on the bottle stated to take between two and thirty two pills every four hours, depending on severity of symptoms. There were only sixty four pills in the bottle. Just about summed it up for me. Think I will take my chances with the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I've had loads of vaccinations throughout my life and I'm still here.Its amazing the bullshit excuses that come out because big tough guys are afraid of a little needle.
    Precisely.
    People have the flu vaccine every year. Its different every year but no-one ever questions the speed of its development. People also have pre-holiday vaccines all the time but are more concerned about missing out on 2 weeks in the sun than the side effects of those.
    Cant wait get it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Good luck with trying a homeopathic treatment for Covid. The best one I ever came across was a homeopathic pill for hayfever a few years ago - instructions on the bottle stated to take between two and thirty two pills every four hours, depending on severity of symptoms. There were only sixty four pills in the bottle. Just about summed it up for me. Think I will take my chances with the vaccine.
    Oh I'm sure they're on sale somewhere

Adding on to the timeline, this article may be an interesting read/play-around

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...d-vaccine.html

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Didn’t Steve jobs, one of the wealthiest people about, think he could treat his pancreatic cancer homeopathically initially.