+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Friday Night Drinking Thread

Friday Night Drinking Thread

Now the pubs have shut and we’re all stuck at home, what’s this evenings tipple?
    I’m on the good old Casillero del Diablo vino red, a fine wine (I lie it was just on offer in Tesco but does the job)

International

Re: Friday Night Drinking Thread

Nothinhg I like the company in the pub. Drinking at home can be the slippery slope. I never have more then a glass of sherry at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Now the pubs have shut and we’re all stuck at home, what’s this evenings tipple?
    I’m on the good old Casillero del Diablo vino red, a fine wine (I lie it was just on offer in Tesco but does the job)
    Just finished a beautiful cup of mint tea.

Just got myself a load of 'cheap booze' from the 'supermarket' me and the neighbours are on it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Just got myself a load of 'cheap booze' from the 'supermarket' me and the neighbours are on it.
    you're

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Nothinhg I like the company in the pub. Drinking at home can be the slippery slope. I never have more then a glass of sherry at home.
    Funny how some people get addicted or dependant on certain things. It's smoking with me, for the last ten years i've been off and on with the fags, longest spell off them was 8 months, i can go a week without one then smoke almost a packet in a day!

Alcohol just doesn't appeal, i've literally got to force the stuff down my throat, i just don't like it or the feeling. I do enjoy smoking though, not all, but most of them.

you're
    Of course

Probably as its winter warm Port and Brandy

You've just destroyed pubs. And communities. Forever.

International

Funny how some people get addicted or dependant on certain things. It's smoking with me, for the last ten years i've been off and on with the fags, longest spell off them was 8 months, i can go a week without one then smoke almost a packet in a day!

Alcohol just doesn't appeal, i've literally got to force the stuff down my throat, i just don't like it or the feeling. I do enjoy smoking though, not all, but most of them.
    I know how you can fix that! seriously!!c
    The smoking I mean, not the dislike of alcohol although that can be fixed too lol

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You've just destroyed pubs. And communities. Forever.
    Drakeford made me do it by not serving alcohol in pubs #fuming

I know how you can fix that! seriously!!c
    The smoking I mean, not the dislike of alcohol although that can be fixed too lol
    go on snaggs, cure me!

Drakeford made me do it by not serving alcohol in pubs #fuming
    There we go Drakeford exposed again by chasing the problems back into household mixing which you cannot police, where as hospitality venues can as a minimum provide track and trace .

Nevermind big supermarkets get richer , more cheap booze consumed, mixed households where disciplines go out the window ( innocently) would it not be a better environment where a pub delivers a controlled entrance and masked system , protecting jobs and businesses , economic benefits to Wales, and importantly providing lonely people with a friendly contact with the outside world which is far better than a lockdown dystopia world.

The other half found me some Chai Latte in the supermarket today and a cup of that went down very nicely after my meal.
    None of the hard stuff for me today

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    There we go Drakeford exposed again by chasing the problems back into household mixing which you cannot police, where as hospitality venues can as a minimum provide track and trace
    Out of curiosity, and this is not a go at you or your comment, but more something that baffles me a bit - what is it about having this need some people have to physically get together with others for a drink at this current moment in time? I think we all know the message about trying to avoid different households mixing. Current advice is still to do only what is essential.

Don't get me wrong or think I'm antisocial, I enjoy getting together with friends for a beer. I have been frustrated at the lack of opportunities to do so this year. I miss the social aspect of it. I just think that not spreading Covid is more important and keeping others safe until vaccination is widespread is important. I've had a few great zoom sessions with friends and lots of alcohol. It's not meeting in person but it's better than not meeting at all.

Cheap booze. It's the new short cut.

Christ this has got of hand again. Didn’t want it to be politics, COVID themed, or argument thread, just what’s our simple tipple for the evening that’s all.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Christ this has got of hand again. Didn’t want it to be politics, COVID themed, or argument thread, just what’s our simple tipple for the evening that’s all.
    Sorry, Vina Ardanza Rioja, Reserva 2010.

It'll get to warm, if you sit on it for too long !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Out of curiosity, and this is not a go at you or your comment, but more something that baffles me a bit - what is it about having this need some people have to physically get together with others for a drink at this current moment in time? I think we all know the message about trying to avoid different households mixing. Current advice is still to do only what is essential.

Don't get me wrong or think I'm antisocial, I enjoy getting together with friends for a beer. I have been frustrated at the lack of opportunities to do so this year. I miss the social aspect of it. I just think that not spreading Covid is more important and keeping others safe until vaccination is widespread is important. I've had a few great zoom sessions with friends and lots of alcohol. It's not meeting in person but it's better than not meeting at all.

You can't play cards, snooker, pool, darts or properly socialize over a computer. It's like being in a Sky-fi movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

It's the "forbidden fruit".
    It is simply a mental state and curable.
    I'm not that happy about it but I can and will deal with it.

I am not in my teens/20's though.
    It is the people I really feel for and although many will flout the rules, the majority will abide by them.

BTW re OP, I was on the deal of the day in Tescos, bottles of San Miguel.

International

go on snaggs, cure me!
    I know a lady who is a clinical hypnotist. She hypnotised me 14 yrs ago. I went from 60 B&H a day to zero in 30 minutes and never had the urge since At the time ( Feb 2006) it cost me £120 and it was worth every penny.