+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Only one play off place up for grabs already?

Only one play off place up for grabs already?

Still early in the season but the 3 relegated clubs, Brentford and The Jacks are looking strong, winning consistently and will make up the top 5.

I can’t see Bristol city keeping pace, nor Reading, with those 5 teams, so that means there’s probably one spot for about 5 or 6 teams to chase, the 2 mentioned plus probably Stoke, Blackburn , ourselves and Middlesbrough

Re: Only one play off place up for grabs already?

There’s a long old season yet. There will be plenty of points dropped by everyone currently in the top 6. Bournemouth have just dropped 5 points to Rotherham and Preston. Norwich dropped 2 v Coventry at home. Plenty of twists and turns to come.

2 wins against 2 utter gash sides doesn't make us play off contenders - lets see how the next 2 pan out

If we reproduce that Coventry performance regularly we've got no hope

I still see it as
    Bournemouth
    Watford
    Swansea
    Norwich
    Brentford
    Reading

Wurzels will always fall away as they are soft

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    2 wins against 2 utter gash sides doesn't make us play off contenders - lets see how the next 2 pan out

I still see it as
    Bournemouth
    Watford
    Swansea
    Norwich
    Brentford
    Reading

Hudds were far from utter gash

The jacks can get sorted

Fancy dans with no bollocks when the weather turns cold

It's a squad game this year and we probably have the 8th or 9th best squad in the league. If this added confidence can rub off on a few non-starters then we can start to talk about play-offs.

They're always up for grabs really, where we were this time last year? Probably in a similar or worse position and look where we ended up.

I still see it as
    Bournemouth
    Watford
    Swansea
    Norwich
    Brentford
    Reading

We've just beaten two sides above us in the table. Huddersfield put 3 past Boro who only conceded 6 before Saturday all season. It's a long old season yet but finally some promising signs and key players returning to form can only be a positive.

Al bets still on.
    Far too early to guess sensibly , although I tend to think Bournemouth .

Watford as Champions

I still see it as
    Bournemouth
    Watford
    Swansea
    Norwich
    Brentford
    Reading

Before tonight’s game those 2 utter gash sides both had more points than us

"Utter gash" Luton 3 Norwich 1. City fans, myself included, are very quick to criticise when things go badly for us and, a lot of the time, the stick given out is justified, but I've never understood why some have the need to put it all down to how poor the opposition were on occasions when we've played and won well - Luton have proved so far this season that they are far from "utter gash" and last night's result should offer more proof of how well we did on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "Utter gash" Luton 3 Norwich 1. City fans, myself included, are very quick to criticise when things go badly for us and, a lot of the time, the stick given out is justified, but I've never understood why some have the need to put it all down to how poor the opposition were on occasions when we've played and won well - Luton have proved so far this season that they are far from "utter gash" and last night's result should offer more proof of how well we did on Saturday.
    Exactly, folk attempting to prove that the Championship is predictable have been bitten on the arse many times, a few times by us.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Uddersfield also beat high flying Middlesborough in their previous game!

But then, we thrashed Luton, and in their next game, they beat Norwich. It's a tough old League, and it ain't over till it's over.