+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Drakeford banned from one hundred pubs

Drakeford banned from one hundred pubs

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/1...-mark-19381404

Banned from one or two myself over the years but 100!

Though judging by what the dapper first minister is pictured sipping I cant see him being too bothered.

Let's hope the Brains pubs follow suit

Re: Drakeford banned from one hundred pubs

****ing right!
    All the pubs in Wales should ban the embarrassing thick ****.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    ****ing right!
    Because he is listening to science and trying to prevent a public health apocalypse?

Is he a dictator?

Listening to science, comedy gold
    The hospitality industry should take a blanket ban out on the lot of them

Good ban him,but most important don’t forget to use your vote next election.

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Good ban him,but most important don’t forget to use your vote next election.
    And vote for who exactly?

At least Nationally we have Starmer as an alternative.

Still prefer to have Drakeford and Co making the decisions where I live than Johnson's mob, but it's been a bad week for the WAG so far and they can hardly be surprised at reactions like the one outlined in the link in the OP. They're in a position now where they're getting it in the neck from those who think their Firebreak lockdown was too short, those who are unhappy about how we came out of it and those in the hospitality industry - if you're being criticised from all sides, you must be doing something wrong.

I’d love to see all his critics on here deal with the situation better.
    The best advice, measures and guidelines available will always be scuppered by selfish, thoughtless boneheads.

International

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’d love to see all his critics on here deal with the situation better.
    The best advice, measures and guidelines available will always be scuppered by selfish, thoughtless boneheads.
    That' strange, when it is central government that makes a decision the general consensus on here is that anyone can do it better,s o if these dictats had come from westminster they would be bad would they?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That' strange, when it is central government that makes a decision the general consensus on here is that anyone can do it better,s o if these dictats had come from westminster they would be bad would they?
    The blame here lies with the Uk Government saying they wouldn't extend furlough and didn't need a lock down then 2 weeks later changing their mind.

If the whole of the UK had started a 4 week lockdown when Wales started theirs we would be in a much better position.

I don't envy whoever has to make these decisions but that one was a big **** up and that's what has left Wales having to make these ridiculous decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Though judging by what the dapper first minister is pictured sipping I cant see him being too bothered.

What a childish bunch of twats. I'll ban myself from all their pubs

I don't think it'll bother him too much somehow. Of course he can't be a real man if he prefers water to beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The blame here lies with the Uk Government saying they wouldn't extend furlough and didn't need a lock down then 2 weeks later changing their mind.

If the whole of the UK had started a 4 week lockdown when Wales started theirs we would be in a much better position.

I don't envy whoever has to make these decisions but that one was a big **** up and that's what has left Wales having to make these ridiculous decisions.
    Exactly. If we'd had the joined up conversation that Drakeford wanted then the 2 week firebreak may have become the 4 that was needed, in conjunction with England.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Exactly. If we'd had the joined up conversation that Drakeford wanted then the 2 week firebreak may have become the 4 that was needed, in conjunction with England.
    No joined up thnking among any of the devolved governments has been a problem the whole way through.

But no extending furlough and then doing it anyway completely ****ed Wales. Wales should have extended the fire break for 2 weeks but they'd have been crucified for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

You have some valid points but blaming the UK government for Dripford making the nonsensical decision to ban pubs from serving alcohol is not one of them.

What will he come up with next? Butchers cant serve meat.

****ing moron

Repeating my shared twitter post from another thread because it works here too:

https://twitter.com/simonrug/status/1333854559417085959

Little personal plea from me. If you buying in drink for Christmas, order it from local independent Welsh breweries or from your neighbourhood pub if that is possible to support them during these challenging times.
    A list of twitter handles to be found within this link underneath the first post for those not knowing where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    ****ing right!
    You sound like a highly intelligent person, what would you do to control the virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    And vote for who exactly?

At least Nationally we have Starmer as an alternative.
    Plaid Cymru? Conservatives? Literally any of the parties that will run in the election?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Brains too corporate for a champagne Socalist ban

I wonder how many hospital workers think Drakeford has made a massive mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I wonder how many hospital workers think Drakeford has made a massive mistake?
    All the ones I know who think a controlled drink environment in a well run premises with good track and trace temperature entry checks .

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You have some valid points but blaming the UK government for Dripford making the nonsensical decision to ban pubs from serving alcohol is not one of them.

What will he come up with next? Butchers cant serve meat.

****ing moron
    A grownup claiming bleach is a cure for C-19 is a "****ing moron". Another adult trying to protect the people he serves is not.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    All the ones I know who think a controlled drink environment in a well run premises with good track and trace temperature entry checks .
    Stick to your own planet. Most healthcare professionals know little about the spread of infectious diseases. How many epidemiologists did you consult?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Apart from that alcoholic surgeon...