+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Drakeford banned from one hundred pubs

Re: Drakeford banned from one hundred pubs

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Plaid Cymru? Conservatives? Literally any of the parties that will run in the election?
    You mean waste a vote?
    Drakeford doesn't even need to try!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    What a childish bunch of twats. I'll ban myself from all their pubs
    That's what I thought at first but when you've got virtually zero cases of covid anywhere near you then I think its a clever way to show dissatisfaction.
    The one size fits all is not the answer.

I am not a lover of Brains as a company, I don't even drink their beer but I don't blame them one little bit for closing their pubs en masse.
    I think he's done OK since original lockdown, but he's made a pigs ear of this last bit.

I think businesses deserve more information on an individual basis and I'd also like to see Drakeford himself out in the communities showing empathy talking to people rather than appearing on our TV's once every three weeks with a new approach after businessmen have changed their model at gteat expense and no mean effort.

He doesn't do himself any favours.

There are something like 3,100 pubs in Wales. There is a good chance Mark Drakeford will be able to find one that hasn't banned him.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    You mean waste a vote?
    Drakeford doesn't even need to try!
    Labour didn't get a majority at the last Senedd election and are on course not to get one this time either. Latest poll had them on course for 28 seats and I imagine this will hurt them in the polls.

But sure, voting for another party is a waste

For those interested in Welsh politics, this is a good podcast talking about different issues/parties etc: https://soundcloud.com/search?q=Hira...lsh%20politics

Do the people get to elect the First Minister ??

Agree with all the points that Boris reluctance to do a lockdown/extend furlough has landed Wales in this situation. Drakeford was trying to do this as a short sharp lockdown to have the minimum damage and maximum results in a short space of time. Had Boris been following advice rather than a sudden knee jerk reaction the devolved nations could’ve made more informed decisions.

Also areas of England with similar case numbers to much of Wales, pubs are closed anyway.

As a side point is it the stupidest ban ever considering he doesn’t live anywhere near? (Apart from city shirts in town on match day)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    You sound like a highly intelligent person, what would you do to control the virus?
    😂😂

Quarantine is when you restrict the movement of sick people. Tyranny is when you restrict the movement of healthy people.

Quote Originally Posted by Penybont Blue View Post
    Quarantine is when you restrict the movement of sick people. Tyranny is when you restrict the movement of healthy people.
    How does that work with asymptomatic people then?

Leaders all over the world are grampling with covid 19.Was Labour right to close hospiality in Wales?.
    Were the Tories right to introduce a tier system? Who knows the leaders are playing a dead bat to the fast ball in order to try and get a result.
    That result will be a successful vaccine.Drakeford will go down in history as a man who fought the fast blowers and stemmed the flow of death.Does it matter if he gets reelected?No.
    Don't blame Drakeford for the club/pub closures,Blame the piss artists who failed to social distance.As each pint goes in so common sense goes out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Penybont Blue View Post
    Stupidity is when you disregard obvious health dangers in a pandemic and politicians trying to stop healthy people becoming seriously ill or worse, and calling it tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    That's what I thought at first but when you've got virtually zero cases of covid anywhere near you then I think its a clever way to show dissatisfaction.
    The one size fits all is not the answer.

I am not a lover of Brains as a company, I don't even drink their beer but I don't blame them one little bit for closing their pubs en masse.
    I think he's done OK since original lockdown, but he's made a pigs ear of this last bit.

I think businesses deserve more information on an individual basis and I'd also like to see Drakeford himself out in the communities showing empathy talking to people rather than appearing on our TV's once every three weeks with a new approach after businessmen have changed their model at gteat expense and no mean effort.

He doesn't do himself any favours.
    I get your point but come on how childish and vindictive can these business people be?

Drakeford is a politician trying to do his best for the welfare of his region, he's not a drug dealer or thug who deserve to be banned from pubs for the benefit of all. You might well disagree with his policy making but come on, he's not making decisions out of malice!

With regard to the point that some areas have lower incidences of Covid than others, what does that matter? The virus can spread in a heartbeat and if pubs were open in a low incidence area then people from areas where pubs are shut would migrate to the lower incidence areas and balls everything up! This tiered system is beyond a joke.

The other thing is what happened to solidarity? I see firms like Tesco have signs up proclaiming "were in this together' are we bollocks! I suppose people who run all these pubs would have said in the second world war "we don't need blackouts or rations because the Nazis have left us alone"?

I'm glad I know where all these fifth columnists are now.

The other thing is what happened to solidarity? I see firms like Tesco have signs up proclaiming "were in this together' are we bollocks!
    I agree. I was talking to someone about this earlier. War time - everyone pulled together. Now so much misinformation is spread that idiots believe that it's almost as if there's a deliberate attempt to keep people fighting each other. Brexit is still the worst example of this, but opinions have polarised over Covid when they shouldn't. I worry that sense and reasoning has gone completely in favour of populism and wanting to beat the system.

Strange times - social media is probably the worst for it.

I suppose people who run all these pubs would have said in the second world war "we don't need blackouts or rations because the Nazis have left us alone"?
    Jesus wept....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Jesus wept....
    😂

Godwins Law

a 100 pub ban.. did that in an afternoon in the 90's

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I agree. I was talking to someone about this earlier. War time - everyone pulled together. Now so much misinformation is spread that idiots believe that it's almost as if there's a deliberate attempt to keep people fighting each other. Brexit is still the worst example of this, but opinions have polarised over Covid when they shouldn't. I worry that sense and reasoning has gone completely in favour of populism and wanting to beat the system.

Strange times - social media is probably the worst for it.
    There used to be a saying yrs ago, that there were lots of folk who know how to run the country properly, but they’re too busy cutting hair, and driving Taxis !
    Think you can now add the majority of posters on here 😀

Jesus wept....
    You’d have to prove that Jesus existed before using that term, or are you referring to the Man City striker? 😀

Pubs in England's tier 1 and 2 areas are open now and people from Wales are free to travel to them.

WG have confirmed there's nothing stopping people from Wales going to Tier 1 and Tier 2 areas in England but Tier 3 is prohibited.

Bristol is Tier 3 but Ross, Hereford, Shrewsbury for example are Tier 2.

So while pubs are dry/shut in Monmouth, the locals are free to go a few miles up the road to Ross and spend their money having a 'substantial meal' there with a few pints.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    A grownup claiming bleach is a cure for C-19 is a "****ing moron". Another adult trying to protect the people he serves is not.
    The only thing that he is trying to protect is his own backside.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The only thing that he is trying to protect is his own backside.
    Just roll back your research Pre - Covid and look at the performance of schools and NHS in Wales might explain a lot

Jesus wept....
    I imagine he did too....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Pubs in England's tier 1 and 2 areas are open now and people from Wales are free to travel to them.

WG have confirmed there's nothing stopping people from Wales going to Tier 1 and Tier 2 areas in England but Tier 3 is prohibited.

Bristol is Tier 3 but Ross, Hereford, Shrewsbury for example are Tier 2.

So while pubs are dry/shut in Monmouth, the locals are free to go a few miles up the road to Ross and spend their money having a 'substantial meal' there with a few pints.
    Locals are also free to support local businesses by buying from breweries and pubs in Wales during this tough time for them (taking action to ensure jobs can continue) and recognise that i) alcohol usually leads to people becoming closer while ii) the closer you are together, the longer you spend like that, the more projection to your voice and the less ventilated the area the more likely this virus will spread.

TLG made the point that the majority are sensible and are acting like adults. Shall we see what the majority decide to do when they fancy a quick pint?

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    a 100 pub ban.. did that in an afternoon in the 90's
    Indeed ,some had life bans ,not been back since