+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Drakeford banned from one hundred pubs

Re: Drakeford banned from one hundred pubs

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yet our excess deaths every week are way above the usual averages.
    Way above every week? Is that a fact? Let's say it is (although it isn't). Do all of those people dying have the virus and is the virus itself the cause of all of those deaths?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Way above every week? Is that a fact? Let's say it is (although it isn't). Do all of those people dying have the virus and is the virus itself the cause of all of those deaths?
    Yep every week. Why are there so many more this year if not related to the virus?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The same people usually accept the flu death numbers as being genuine when they compare, even though they will be just as flawed.
    Exactly, they're flawed numbers but the excess deaths is surely a good metric.

Was just speaking to the nurse in my surgery. Every member of staff had it and the surgery was closed for a fortnight.
    She was fit and healthy but she had been seriously ill with the virus. Make no mistake, you may not die but it can be a very unpleasant experience, far worse than flu.
    I dont understand people not taking it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Was just speaking to the nurse in my surgery. Every member of staff had it and the surgery was closed for a fortnight.
    She was fit and healthy but she had been seriously ill with the virus. Make no mistake, you may not die but it can be a very unpleasant experience, far worse than flu.
    I dont understand people not taking it seriously.
    Yeah I've got a friend who's a doctor and she and all her family had it really bad. The kids are still having difficulty breathing months after the fact too.

Dude, stick to boycotting* the club. People are dying of the virus, more would die if we had fewer restrictions, fewer would die if we had more restrictions. Other points about lack of services to other patients are pertinent, but you've already got the percentage of deaths wrong and you're digging another hole for yourself. The sociopathic part of me is willing you to carry on until people get bored so you can claim you were right again, but the human aspect of me is cringing here.

*easier the last 8 months.

Yep every week. Why are there so many more this year if not related to the virus?
    With the uptake in flu vaccines this year, together with the impact of social distancing on flu infections, I would expect we have fewer deaths due to flu this winter too. So, excess deaths is a good measurement.#

I appreciate TLG is desperate to get back to boycotting the club from Ninian Stand Row Z Seat 763, but some of us have seen the impacts of the virus and I wouldn't wish it on a dog (and this is me seeing a young girl aged 25, no previous health conditions, actually recover from the virus at home). Long covid is a debilitating issue at present, God knows when it will end for her, but she has been unfit to work for months. Even ignoring the death figures, do we really want people in a position where they cannot work because of the long-term impacts of the virus?

I'm doing absolutely nothing of the sort.

People are dying of all sorts of causes throughout the UK and a percentage of them are dying because they are not getting the treatment they need due to the way in which the Covid-19 pandemic has and is being handled. Senior healthcare officials, medical experts and politicians have regularly stated as much and have appealed to people to continue to use the health services they need but are currently avoiding because of Covid-19.

I've recently had treatment for a health problem that required visits to both my GP and the Heath Hospital. The number of people in both places (or rather the lack of them) was staggering by comparison to the numbers that were present when I last visited those places in March.

I have maintained from the early stages that the true effect of the pandemic in terms of deaths is the excess deaths figures, as they are not narrowed down to any one cause. I think that distinction is a very important one.

As for having a shitty attitude, that accusation is more than a little ironic coming from you.
    You are doing exactly that. You have an agenda and you're making assumptions and trying to manipulate figures to convince yourself and everyone else that your disdain for compliance is OK.

Yep every week.
    That's simply not true according to figures produced by the ONS, but I'm going to leave it there as this is getting daft now. I'm being accused of having opinions and attitudes that are definitely not my own and of saying things I've never said, so discussing the matter further is plainly a fruitless exercise.

It seems the majority of you guys reckon the current restrictions are reasonable and proportionate. I believe they are unreasonable and disproportionate. That's all there is to it really, so we're going to have to agree to disagree. And let's be honest here, our opinions don't matter a jot anyway and are certainly not going to alter what the likes of Drakeford and Johnson are going to do from here on in.

I'm going to leave it there as this is getting daft now.
    The daftness started with your stats mate, but well done on wisely throwing in the towel. Shame you won't be able to enlighten us as to the impact if we return to normal.

That's simply not true according to figures produced by the ONS, but I'm going to leave it there as this is getting daft now. I'm being accused of having opinions and attitudes that are definitely not my own and of saying things I've never said, so discussing the matter further is plainly a fruitless exercise.

It seems the majority of you guys reckon the current restrictions are reasonable and proportionate. I believe they are unreasonable and disproportionate. That's all there is to it really, so we're going to have to agree to disagree. And let's be honest here, our opinions don't matter a jot anyway and are certainly not going to alter what the likes of Drakeford and Johnson are going to do from here on in.
    I think they're proportionate but they don't make a lot of sense. I'd say only being able to drink with a substantial meal and a booked table like England could work better but look at the effect eat out to help out had on the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You have an agenda......

Sure.

Like the many I’ve heard of that have terminal cancer and caught it by having to go into hospital with an infection. Was it covid or cancer?

A lot of people I’ve seen this week think restrictions are unreasonable and disproportionate too.....people who did agree with most stuff all summer. Uber driver I saw last night said he’s about to lose his flat.....along with his livelihood

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    A lot of people I’ve seen this week think restrictions are unreasonable and disproportionate too.....people who did agree with most stuff all summer. Uber driver I saw last night said he’s about to lose his flat.....along with his livelihood
    This is one of the short-terms consequences and longer term consequences, especially when mixed in with Brexit, means a lot more will be in the same boat. Can anyone give a reason why Drakeford and Sturgeon (months before an election) and Johnson (a populist politician by all accounts) would chose to damage their reputations so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Might need to tweak the last line there!
    Looking for help please

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Can anyone give a reason why Drakeford and Sturgeon (months before an election) and Johnson (a populist politician by all accounts) would chose to damage their reputations so much?
    Is the First Minister really damaging his reputation? He seems to have plenty of supporters on here and most of the board's contributors appear to be content with the restrictions he's imposing. To be honest, I've no idea what his reputation was like before the pandemic. I'd genuinely never heard of Mark Drakeford until a few months ago and I suspect the same is true for many other people in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Looking for help please
    Well I'd get banned from a hundred pubs
    And I'd get banned from a hundred more
    Just to be the man, who'd been banned, from-2 hun-dred pubs BUT showed co-vid the door

Der ra ra da....(repeat)

Well I'd get banned from a hundred pubs
    And I'd get banned from a hundred more
    I couldn't give a monkeys toss
    If they never ever opened their door

Is the First Minister really damaging his reputation? He seems to have plenty of supporters on here and most of the board's contributors appear to be content with the restrictions he's imposing. To be honest, I've no idea what his reputation was like before the pandemic. I'd genuinely never heard of Mark Drakeford until a few months ago and I suspect the same is true for many other people in Wales.
    I thought you were "leaving it there" mate! Then again, we all thought you were boycotting the City too.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    I thought you were "leaving it there" mate! Then again, we all thought you were boycotting the City too.

Died of the virus? Or died with the virus? Or died within 28 days of a positive test for the virus? Or is that figure the total of UK excess deaths of all causes during 2020?
    I think you're in the wrong place, The Sun comments section is over there. --->

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Yes, it's often been said that people can be depended upon to do what is right and very little enforcement or regulation is needed.

I disagree: it has been shown time and time again that both in adversity and when opportunity presents itself, the majority resort to selfish behaviour with scant regard for the welfare of others.
    Not sure what venues you have visited during Covid , my experience has been I have felt unsafe in supermarkets and other public venues than pubs and restaurants where you gave to go through so many stricter protocols ???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55193395

Barrels of beer are being poured down drains as Wales' hospitality industry prepared for the alcohol ban to come into force.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55193395

Barrels of beer are being poured down drains as Wales' hospitality industry prepared for the alcohol ban to come into force.
    Found this statement intresting :

""Figures show that less than 5% of all settings of infection happen in hospitality - and yet here we are once again taking the hammer blow""