+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should we be proud as the first country in world

Re: Should we be proud as the first country in world

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Jacob Rees-Mogg
    @Jacob_Rees_Mogg
    We could only approve this vaccine so quickly because we have left the EU. Last month we changed the regulations so a vaccine did not need EU approval which is slower.

Whether you are left wing, right wing or (like me) somewhere in the middle, the above is a lie. It is a lie made for political purposes, and - I think - is an insult to the brilliance of our scientists who work co-operatively with global colleagues.
    Thanks and to the others, it was a genuine question

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Thanks and to the others, it was a genuine question
    I'd rather wait and give the credit once the vaccine has actually been given to those who want it. With that fool of a Minister heading up the roll out, I will reserve judgement.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They spend millions on nuclear weapons and make money selling arms that the saudis use to butcher Yemeni people too

Should we be proud of that ?
    Yes!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    What happens if we start using the vaccine next week and then the europeans find issues with it?
    Why do the British always look at failure, like Dunkirk and the Charge of the Light Brigade. Some people whenever something good happens always have a 'but' or a reason to think it will all go bad.

Like City supporters.....oh wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The question is about the approval thereof.
    I was replying to the quote where the poster indicated the government had backed every vaccine.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I'd rather wait and give the credit once the vaccine has actually been given to those who want it. With that fool of a Minister heading up the roll out, I will reserve judgement.
    Why is the minister rolling out the vaccines a fool?

Proud yes but made in Belgium FFS !!!

Rule Brittania cobblers

If it wasn't for foreign born scientists , researchers and doctors and nurses on the front line we would be completely fecked

Jingoistic bollocks from Rees mogg , needs a bloody good leathering along with Boris, Hancock and the rest of the idiots . Don't mention Micheal fecking gove , what idiot votes for him ?

Disaster capitalist doing what they do.
    It's all about the stock market for the Tory bellends.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    You know the answer to that, so why are you trying to derail the thread?

I don't like jingoistic cobblers

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Yes!
    You are telling me you are proud to sell arms to rogue states that kill women and children ?

There is nowt as queen as folk

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I don't like jingoistic cobblers
    If you dislike UK so much and what it stands for why don't you feck off and live somewhere ese? not too difficult is it?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    No. But that wasn’t the question.
    There are no rules here

If you dislike UK so much and what it stands for why don't you feck off and live somewhere ese? not too difficult is it?
    True colours coming out now

Tut Tut

International

Any answer dave blue?

It's a lot more difficult than it used to be

Wales is the country of my birth. Are you suggesting we leave if we're not bothered with the UK and where do you suggest Welsh people go to?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Because of the flag shaggers

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post

The people of Britain should be proud that politicians have agreed that they want to do something? That's setting the bar very low.

Out of curiosity, if you are a fan of jingoistic cobblers, why is it ok if it's on a UK basis but not if it's on a Welsh basis, or even on a European basis?

I would be concerned about my mental stability if reading a press release about approval of a drug made me feel 'proud' for my country. Being first is good, so long as it doesn't end up backfiring. Yet another example of the UK public sector firing on all cylinders and servicing the public need, glad to see you boys flipping on this issue and giving them the credit they deserve.

As for the idea that we should fawn all over the government for spending our own money on something to stop us dying... Well it is good that at least some of the trillions managed to find its way to useful purposes. After the scathing nao report I wondered if these vaccines we had pre ordered were from pharma companies at all or if we would find out we gave 15 billion to jenricks mum to try and concoct a vaccine in her kitchen.

So a question which it seems to me was asked to provoke a political discussion has, more or less, fallen into predictable divisions where you often only need to see someone's name to know what they're going to say. Trying to be honest, I think "proud" is the wrong word, pleased yes, but what is there to be proud about? I'll give the UK Government due credit for putting arrangements in place whereby we have a supply of vaccines which all of the information available currently says will work, but does that somehow clear the slate for the litany of cock ups, poor decisions, fence sitting, deals for mates and u turns we've seen from Johnson and co throughout 2020 when it comes to Covid? Of course not.

this thread has huge potential for future bump-a-bility, either (a) for heralding great success in combatting or controlling the virus or (b) for the potential arisal of life changing side effects or birth defects after several months of administering the vaccine in the population.

time will tell, hopefully the roll out will be a huge success.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    The MHRA (UK) has acted on partial data to speed up the approval process and the EMA (EU) has chosen to await analysis of all available data in order to instill the greatest degree of public confidence in a mass vaccination campaign. Whether you think the approach the UK has chosen is the right one is up to you.

We should of course be very grateful to the vaccine developers at the German company BioNTech whose work, part-funded by the EU and further developed in conjunction with the US company Pfizer, has brought us to where we are today.

The EMA is likely to approve the vaccine before year end. I can't imagine that they will have access to any more data than MHRA had. After all we are talking about a few weeks delay compared to UK. The MHRA is a world renowned regulatory authority and until recently the EMA itself was based in London. It's now moved to Amsterdam because of Brexit.

There is no evidence that the EMA has chosen to await analysis of all data to instill public confidence. That's just your misinformed opinion.

Yes we should be grateful that the BioN Tech research was part funded by the EU, and I hope European citizens will be grateful that the Oxford vaccine is being part funded by UK government