+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should we be proud as the first country in world

Re: Should we be proud as the first country in world

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    The EMA is likely to approve the vaccine before year end. I can't imagine that they will have access to any more data than MHRA had. After all we are talking about a few weeks delay compared to UK. The MHRA is a world renowned regulatory authority and until recently the EMA itself was based in London. It's now moved to Amsterdam because of Brexit.

There is no evidence that the EMA has chosen to await analysis of all data to instill public confidence. That's just your misinformed opinion.

Yes we should be grateful that the BioN Tech research was part funded by the EU, and I hope European citizens will be grateful that the Oxford vaccine is being part funded by UK government
    So no real point to be made other than we are all human beings and we are divided just by borders or in our case with Europe, the English Channel

What the feck did we leave Europe for , what a monumentally stupid decision , our grandchildren will hopefully put things right

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Any answer dave blue?
    I can’t spell his name but he is a fool (a Tory fool so I don’t need evidence). I’ve seen the idiot on Question Time and have no faith he will undertake this task successfully.

Of course we should be proud. And we should be equally proud of the government's world-leading track and trace system.

Oh, hang on a minute.....

And don't forget the 'oven ready trade deals' we were promised

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Wales is the country of my birth. Are you suggesting we leave if we're not bothered with the UK and where do you suggest Welsh people go to?
    I was suggesting that if he dislikes this country and despises its ways so much he may be happpeir living elsewhere instead of being like the dog sitting on nettles, hating it be to lazy to move.
    Where should welsh people go. Anywhere you want to go. Why ask me. I don’t know your personal preferences. Or are you suggesting theat Wales should be indepebent from UK?

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status...56018083901443

Here is the Q&A between the Lobby + the PM’s spokesman on
    1 @MattHancock saying Brexit was the reason the UK was the first country in the world to approve the Pfizer vaccine.
    2 @AlokSharma_RDG saying today was 'the day the UK led humanity’s charge' against Covid

Q “There’s lots of interest in Matt Hancock’s claim that it was sort of ‘Brexit wot won it’ for us. Is that the PM’s view as well, we are first because of Brexit?”

A “I think the important point is that we are the first country in the world to approve this vaccine + that’s thanks to the hard work of the MHRA + obviously special thanks needs to go to those who took part in these trials and who have worked tirelessly in producing the vaccine. “I would also point you to what Dr June Raine said earlier today, that the MHRA is globally recognised for requiring the highest standards, for quality, safety on medicines regulation, the public should be sure that the vaccine is safe for use.”

Q “June Raine of the MHRA said it was nothing to do with Brexit, that actually this whole process was done under EU law that runs to the end of the year. Was the health secretary wrong tto suggest that Brexit was an important factor here?”

A “As I said, it’s clear we are the first country in the world to approve this vaccine and it's obviously incredibly positive news that from next week that we will start to be able to distribute it. We'll make sure that the most clinically vulnerable are the first to receive it.”

Q “Colleagues are noting that you’re not endorsing what Matt Hancock said regarding Brexit’s role in this. Do you want to have a third go at it or are we right to make that conclusion?”

A “As I said, the important point is that we are clearly the first country in the world to approve the vaccine, it's obviously a very positive move forward in terms of the pandemic. And we are ready to start giving it to people from next week.”

Q “On a similar theme, Alok Sharma said this morning that the UK has led humanity’s charge on this issue, but the vaccine has been developed by German and American scientists, hasn’t it? In what way are we leading the charge?”

A “You've seen the UK play a v important role in terms of stating the case to ensure developed countries also hv access to the vaccine where possible + the amount of investment we put in, in terms of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine. I believe that’s what he will be referring to”

Q “So, he’s referring to the Oxford/Astrazeneca vaccine in a tweet about an announcement about a different vaccine?” [you can almost hear @JasonGroves1's eyebrow raise]

A “Apologies, what I meant by that was he was referring to the role the UK has played across the board when it comes to the pandemic...

“You will remember that it was one of our trials that found that dexamethasone was a treatment that was effective in terms of people suffering from the virus. He was referring broadly to the role we played across the board in terms of the pandemic.”
    Something to read.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I can’t spell his name but he is a fool (a Tory fool so I don’t need evidence). I’ve seen the idiot on Question Time and have no faith he will undertake this task successfully.

OK you don’t need evidence because he is a fool.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Out of curiosity, if you are a fan of jingoistic cobblers, why is it ok if it's on a UK basis but not if it's on a Welsh basis, or even on a European basis?

Who SA I’d I’m A fan of bingoistic cobblers except you? Probably just because I said something you don’t agree with. Very analytical. Who said it was OK on a UK basis and not on a welsh or European basis? I didn’t. You made that bit up to suit the dig you wanted to have. You remind me of people who alter other people’s posts to do the same kind of thing.
    I expect truer to will be along shortly with another try.

Here's the bloke Daveblue was talking about;-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadhim_Zahawi

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Something to read.
    Interesting, the opening minutes of Newsnight last night was worth watching on this sort of thing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    The EMA is likely to approve the vaccine before year end. I can't imagine that they will have access to any more data than MHRA had. After all we are talking about a few weeks delay compared to UK. The MHRA is a world renowned regulatory authority and until recently the EMA itself was based in London. It's now moved to Amsterdam because of Brexit.

There is no evidence that the EMA has chosen to await analysis of all data to instill public confidence. That's just your misinformed opinion.

Yes we should be grateful that the BioN Tech research was part funded by the EU, and I hope European citizens will be grateful that the Oxford vaccine is being part funded by UK government
    Apparently the EMA will make time to "look" at the vaccine at the end of the month. Perhaps somebody should tell them there is a pandemic.

Let's just hope any imports of the vaccine after 31 Dec don't get stuck at the ports because the new, post-Brexit, paperwork hasn't been completed.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Here's the bloke Daveblue was talking about;-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadhim_Zahawi
    Seems to have the perfect CV in order to lead up vaccine distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Who SA I’d I’m A fan of bingoistic cobblers except you
    "all the two's, i'll fix your shoes"

No, the people who made the vaccine should be proud.

We've just looked at their report and gone: yeah that's probably ok

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Let's just hope any imports of the vaccine after 31 Dec don't get stuck at the ports because the new, post-Brexit, paperwork hasn't been completed.
    Rumour has it there are in the UK already ???????

Bloody immigrants and Europeans

Coming over here, working in our hospitals , making vaccines, saving lives

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    Drink SA you’re pissed all day

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Apparently the EMA will make time to "look" at the vaccine at the end of the month. Perhaps somebody should tell them there is a pandemic.
    The FDA in USA is just as bad. They are going to consider approval of the Pfizer vaccine on 10 December. After all, what's a few more lives lost?

https://youtu.be/YzBvA2uEjUI

They say there are strangers that threaten us .....our immigrants and infidels

Just so we know that you are not spreading misinformation as with Hancock and Rees-Mogg, not to mention other Ministers like Sharma and Williamson, who all seem to be following an instruction to talk up Brexit, Can you let us know where you received your information that the EMA will "make time to look at the vaccine at the end of the month".

This is from the EMA website dated 1/12/20

EMA has received an application for conditional marketing authorisation (CMA) for BNT162b2, a COVID‑19 mRNA vaccine developed by BioNTech and Pfizer. The assessment of BNT162b2 will proceed under an accelerated timeline. An opinion on the marketing authorisation could be issued within weeks, depending on whether the data submitted are sufficiently robust and complete to show the quality, safety and effectiveness of the vaccine.

Such a short timeframe is only possible because EMA has already reviewed some data on the vaccine during a rolling review. During this phase, EMA assessed data on the vaccine’s quality (such as information about its ingredients and the way it is produced) as well as results from laboratory studies. EMA also looked at results on the vaccine’s effectiveness and initial safety data emerging from a large-scale clinical trial as they became available.

Your post seems to indicate a much more laid back approach.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Bloody immigrants and Europeans

Coming over here, working in our hospitals , making vaccines, saving lives
    What's your view on rapists and murderers being deported as recently mentioned in the Press? Should they be allowed to stay here or deported?

What's your view on rapists and murderers being deported as recently mentioned in the Press? Should they be allowed to stay here or deported?
    Immigrant rapists or murderers?

As far as I am aware if someone is in this country legally then if they commit a crime that involves a prison sentence they are released after they have served their sentence

If they are here illegally then after their sentence they get deported , I think that's correct , don't you ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Immigrant rapists or murderers?

As far as I am aware if someone is in this country legally then if they commit a crime that involves a prison sentence they are released after they have served their sentence

If they are here illegally then after their sentence they get deported , I think that's correct , don't you ?
    We are not going to agree.