+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Newport Nutters

Newport Nutters

Following the Welsh cup final with merthyr I had the misfortune of being stuck in my student car in the middle of county's train lot on the way back to cardiff Central

Hundreds of them , and we were jammed in

I was so glad when several hundred cardiff fans who probably hadn't even been to the game came up under the railway bridge to have a chat

A space opened up and I put my foot on the gas

Re: Newport Nutters

And, your point is?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    And, your point is?
    Big headed bugger letting everyone know he had a car when he was a student, posh f*cker

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    And, your point is?
    And the point of you is ?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Big headed bugger letting everyone know he had a car when he was a student, posh f*cker
    I and the car were very lucky that day

Fascinating insight of life in the fast lane

what is a 'student car' and how is it different to your standard run of the mill civilian 'car'..?

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    what is a 'student car' and how is it different to your standard run of the mill civilian 'car'..?
    Small engine , shocking body work , no tax disc , etc

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Fascinating insight of life in the fast lane
    It wasn't a very fast lane , that was the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    Mid 80s, he was dripping in Junkie juice listening to The Mission on the cassette player, with a Derek Hatton is God sticker on the back window.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Mid 80s, he was dripping in Junkie juice listening to The Mission on the cassette player, with a Derek Hatton is God sticker on the back window.
    I saw The Mission live at the ritz in Manchester

Loads of sexy goth women there

They were crap though

Not enough heavy guitar

Sisters were good

I've never been able to get my head around Newport. There it is, a City of 145,000 just 10 miles away, but apart from work I've never had any need or desire to go there. It's as if it doesn't really exist - a bit like Brigadoon..

I worked in Newport for about twelve years, when our Cardiff department closed and we amalgamated with a sister company there. About 25 of us from Cardiff made the move. Most of the Newport lads I worked with were really friendly, we had a fair bit of lighthearted banter between us but it was all good.
    We also had some decent nights out there with no trouble. I did feel, however, that generally, they had more simple life expectations and goals, they just seemed to lack a bit of drive and ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Following the Welsh cup final with merthyr I had the misfortune of being stuck in my student car in the middle of county's train lot on the way back to cardiff Central

Hundreds of them , and we were jammed in

I was so glad when several hundred cardiff fans who probably hadn't even been to the game came up under the railway bridge to have a chat

A space opened up and I put my foot on the gas

Used to work with a county fan about 20 years ago who went to that game. He maintained that night was the biggest crew they ever brought to Cardiff, not playing us obviously. Bit before my time so I can’t comment. One of many lively encounters in the mid to late 80’s.....

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I saw The Mission live at the ritz in Manchester

Loads of sexy goth women there

They were crap though

Not enough heavy guitar

Sisters were good
    The Mission were destroyed by second incarnation of the Sisters Of Mercy. They were lightweight. And Wayne Hussey was exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I worked in Newport for about twelve years, when our Cardiff department closed and we amalgamated with a sister company there. About 25 of us from Cardiff made the move. Most of the Newport lads I worked with were really friendly, we had a fair bit of lighthearted banter between us but it was all good.
    We also had some decent nights out there with no trouble. I did feel, however, that generally, they had more simple life expectations and goals, they just seemed to lack a bit of drive and ambition.
    I worked in Newport forva few years, cracking laugh whenever out god they enjoyed life to the full , wonderful music scene .

Loved thier speedway nights , Crumpie, Neil Street & co.

Have you tried Twitter for your little anecdotes Sludge? Could be a social media sensation imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Have you tried Twitter for your little anecdotes Sludge? Could be a social media sensation imo.
    Could be banned very quickly 🤔