+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pack

Pack

Another brilliant 3 points and now closer to where we hoped to be.

I think Pack as an individual has done quite well this season however to me and the way we try to play it kills us with him in the team. We drop to deep to try to cover for his lack of pace, we don't press as much.

I said this last season we were brilliant up until the playoffs when Pack came back in and we stopped pressing at such an intensity.

Now maybe I'm being overall harsh but since he has been dropped we have won three on the bounce, not conceded and scoring.

I just don't think he fits how we play in the slightest, maybe to come on and fill a gap when we have backs to the wall like today.

I really hope Harris doesn't just bring him back like he did last season.

Thoughts?

Re: Pack

For Christ's Sake! Why is this happening after every win? Can we not praise the outstanding back 4, the midfield and the fact that Moore and Harris look proper, proper dangerous. Why is it after every win people just go, yeah that was great but this is terrible and here's why?! Is Pack fantastic? No. That's why he plays for us.

Agree with this.
    He's done okay but its no coincidence that we have turned the corner this last few games and he hasn't started.
    He was ropey when he came on today too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    For Christ's Sake! Why is this happening after every win? Can we not praise the outstanding back 4, the midfield and the fact that Moore and Harris look proper, proper dangerous. Why is it after every win people just go, yeah that was great but this is terrible and here's why?! Is Pack fantastic? No. That's why he plays for us.
    Pathetic isn’t it. The Harris bashers have to get their kicks somehow I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

I think Pack as an individual has done quite well this season however to me and the way we try to play it kills us with him in the team. We drop to deep to try to cover for his lack of pace, we don't press as much.

I said this last season we were brilliant up until the playoffs when Pack came back in and we stopped pressing at such an intensity.

Now maybe I'm being overall harsh but since he has been dropped we have won three on the bounce, not conceded and scoring.

I just don't think he fits how we play in the slightest, maybe to come on and fill a gap when we have backs to the wall like today.

Thoughts?
    For me, the regular inclusion of Harris provides better balance and seems to free up Moore

Think you have missed the point or maybe not read it. My point was Pack has been doing OK individually but he just doesn't fit.

The back four have hardly changed.

People are allowed to make observations. It could also be the change of formation but to me it feels like Pack has now been the difference in an upturn or downturn in form.

If you think otherwise please say why

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Pathetic isn’t it. The Harris bashers have to get their kicks somehow I suppose.
    A little harsh on the OP i think, a bit soon to single out one player although it's a relevant point. I don't ming Pack, he's a decent player and i don't think that the OP was critical of him, just that Pack can't keep up the level of intensity Harris seems to have got out of the midfield the past three games. Not Packs fault, he likes time on the ball and attempts to build, but something tells me that we're not fully geared to slowing the game down in the middle of the pitch. Harris has done well to spot that and Vaulks seems to have pulled his thumb out of his arse.

Solid performance today, great shape and discipline throughout the team, that's the most pleasing thing for me.

This is about Pack, odd comment.

If anything its praising Harris for seeing the issue eventually.

I do apologise though I didn't realise some posters where so sensitive.

Me personally not a big fan of Pack.
    He's neat and tidy on times but slows the play down to much.
    And its no surprise our form has picked up with him out of the starting line up.
    Plus you should criticise a side when they win thats how you become a better team rather than rest on your laurels.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    For me, the regular inclusion of Harris provides better balance and seems to free up Moore
    Harris doesn't seem to be a natural striker, he sits somewhere between midfielder and forward in my eyes, so is prepared to do Moore's running for him, pulling defenders out of position from that slightly withdrawn role and allowing a little more space for Moore to play in. He's essentially a threat from the middle of the park, something we've lacked and it was easy for other teams to defend against us, or easier. Neil Harris deserves praise for putting Harris in and seeing that Moore needed a pair of legs around him.

It was probably the timing of it, 10 minutes after arguably our best win of the season.

Nothing wrong with what you've posted, it's hugely relevant.

Thoughts?
    Lots of fans have been saying that Pack Your Bags, just slows the game down and has been an issue for ages, just like lots of fans could see that Flint wasn’t up to it. It is surely no coincidence that the team wins 3 games when he doesn’t start.

How come it has taken so long to work this out when fans have been saying it for ages?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Lots of fans have been saying that Pack Your Bags, just slows the game down and has been an issue for ages, just like lots of fans could see that Flint wasn’t up to it. It is surely no coincidence that the team wins 3 games when he doesn’t start.

How come it has taken so long to work this out when fans have been saying it for ages?

Neil Harris ruined another weekend for you Bobby?

That’s almost as sweet as the victory.

Wait a second.....

There are ACTUALLY people (on this board!) who think Harris is going to turn this around!

So Hilts and JR Hartley aren’t going to be happy about this thread. ��������

You, literally a week ago. Priceless

Neil Harris ruined another weekend for you Bobby?

That’s almost as sweet as the victory.
    I’m just pointing out what we have all been saying (maybe not you though as you seem to miss quite a bit)

Great win though and a great week results wise. I didn’t see the game so I can’t comment on the performance. It must have been better than the previous two games though.

I’m just pointing out what we have all been saying (maybe not you though as you seem to miss quite a bit)

Great win though and a great week results wise. I didn’t see the game so I can’t comment on the performance. It must have been better than the previous two games though.
    Solid performance, nobody had a bad game, great shape and organised, a few really good attacks on the break. Every player a 7/10. If we can get those levels of consistency within our performance then we have a real chance. Harris playing off Moore has made a difference, his movement stretches defenders, something we've missed or didn't really have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Solid performance, nobody had a bad game, great shape and organised, a few really good attacks on the break. Every player a 7/10. If we can get those levels of consistency within our performance then we have a real chance. Harris playing off Moore has made a difference, his movement stretches defenders, something we've missed or didn't really have.
    Great to hear.

Thanks Dennis.

Great to hear.

Thanks Dennis.
    No worries. In fairness to Harris, he's made a shrewd move in bring Mark Harris in and livening things up in the final third, and in fairness to some supporters who have been critical, that was exactly what they were asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Wait a second.....

There are ACTUALLY people (on this board!) who think Harris is going to turn this around!

So Hilts and JR Hartley aren’t going to be happy about this thread. ��������

You, literally a week ago. Priceless

How dare fans show a little bit of support to a manager who hit us to the play offs against all the odds last season.

We all want the City to win every game, we get frustrated when they don't, although ive never been critical of the team when they have given everything
    Everyone one of us has an opinion on the team, the set up and the style of Football we play.
    The style and the manner in which we lost at Coventry is bound to attract criticism of the manager and the players, if from that defeat and the poor return of results prior to that, it has forced a change in style and set up then happy days, it's a win win situation.
    Today for me that was our best performance of the season, we took the game to Watford who were a top 3 side and best them, in fact we could have had two penalties awarded, I've seen them given for less and beat them convincingly
    More importantly you look at the changes that have helped those results to happen and pointing out the glaringly obvious differences that Pack wasn't starting isn't a negative it's a fact.
    If we had a RB then the two competing for the midfield would be 2 of three withdrawals Vaulks and Bacuna, I doubt Pack would get a look in
    We look better without him, we move the ball forward without him and we move the ball quicker without him
    Results dont lie, bringing him on for 10-15 minutes to close the game down, I understand
    Starting him has cost us in my view and rather than persisting with him, when results were poor the manager should have identified the problem and acted on it
    He know has and the results have improved dramatically

You've literally started writing that at the final whistle, though. There's so many positives to think about first. Pack will have to come back in, we've got another month left of 2 games a week and our squad is increasingly threadbare, and unless JOT makes a come back we haven't got options in CM, or to replace Harris! I think Harris trusts Hoilett and Pack, with Glatzel to some degree and that's about it when it comes to the bench.

If you posted this topic now, I wouldn't be arsed but I do think it's a little odd at full time you've gone for the one negative. I think Pack can, at times, bring an element of calm to the midfield but he would get overrun in a 2 in the middle.

You've literally started writing that at the final whistle, though. There's so many positives to think about first. Pack will have to come back in, we've got another month left of 2 games a week and our squad is increasingly threadbare, and unless JOT makes a come back we haven't got options in CM, or to replace Harris! I think Harris trusts Hoilett and Pack, with Glatzel to some degree and that's about it when it comes to the bench.

If you posted this topic now, I wouldn't be arsed but I do think it's a little odd at full time you've gone for the one negative. I think Pack can, at times, bring an element of calm to the midfield but he would get overrun in a 2 in the middle.
    I've commented on other posts about a great results last 3 games.

Nothing stopping you or anyone else making a post on the positives and I'd happily contribute.

I jumped on my tablet looking at all the results and the thought popped into my mind so posted it. Next time I shall wait for a few hours to stop me upsetting a few of your :)

Personally rather the lad in the youth team whose name escapes me comes in ahead of pack or the right back is fit enough to move Bacuna back into the middle.
    Id personally keep Pack as far away from the starting 11 as possible although an OK bench option when we plan on having our backs to the wall.

I done rant and rave after a loss and don't go ott after a result so an observation is just that.

I've commented on other posts about a great results last 3 games.

Nothing stopping you or anyone else making a post on the positives and I'd happily contribute.

I jumped on my tablet looking at all the results and the thought popped into my mind so posted it. Next time I shall wait for a few hours to stop me upsetting a few of your :)

Personally rather the lad in the youth team whose name escapes me comes in ahead of pack or the right back is fit enough to move Bacuna back into the middle.
    Id personally keep Pack as far away from the starting 11 as possible although an OK bench option when we plan on having our backs to the wall.

I done rant and rave after a loss and don't go ott after a result so an observation is just that.
    Nonsense. You were calling for Harris to be replaced even after we thumped Luton last week.

Another poster that’s gutted with the 3 wins because it’s made him look a little silly.

Nonsense. You were calling for Harris to be replaced even after we thumped Luton last week.

Another poster that’s gutted with the 3 wins because it’s made him look a little silly.
    I don't think he is a very good manager and I'd like him replaced... This I'd about Pack tho