+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone missing Live sport?

Anyone missing Live sport?

Attending that is. I am, especially midweek games, something i really looked forward to as a way of breaking up the working week and getting out of the house, ending up freezing in winter, coming home and thawing out, feeling the elements, the walk to the ground etc, the bounce on the way back to car if we'd played well and got a result etc. Midweek games were a big thing for me as i'd probably communicate with my son and get to spend time with him more than i actually do under the current circumstances! Odd, i know.

Most of us on here are are City fans who attend games, have done for years, so i suppose it's a bit surprising that there hasn't been more of a yearning, or anger aimed towards the Government seeing as we can't get a sniff at alive game in person, even with restrictions, i'd have thought that people on here wouldn't be so accepting. There seems to be more anger at pub restrictions.

Re: Anyone missing Live sport?

I love the midweek night games in wintertime, too.
    Just walking up the steps towards the floodlit pitch sets the juices running!
    But I have to say, I haven't missed being at some of the home games this season, which have been dire. That said, the Huddersfield game would have been a great watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    But I have to say, I haven't missed being at some of the home games this season, which have been dire. That said, the Huddersfield game would have been a great watch.
    Yup, it's as much getting out of the house, shouting at 11 blokes who never take any notice of me! Talking nonsense with my boy, moaning all the way home if we lose or going over the top if we win, the anticipation towards a night game is always more with me. I'm missing it, especially at this time of year.

Missing the get together with friends before and after games

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Perhaps these games may have been better affairs with fans in the ground , generating those atmospheres, I can relate to those cold wintertime evenings there is something romantic and belonging to them.

They are our nights, and belong to no one else.

Bloooooobirds

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Most of us on here are are City fans who attend games, have done for years, so i suppose it's a bit surprising that there hasn't been more of a yearning, or anger aimed towards the Government seeing as we can't get a sniff at alive game in person, even with restrictions, i'd have thought that people on here wouldn't be so accepting.
    Two things to consider:

Firstly, the demographic of this board is such that plenty of the contributors on here wouldn't go to games at the moment even if they could. Indeed, some have already stated as much. I suspect the overall feeling might be slightly different on the other board, although I haven't read it for ages so that's just a guess.

Secondly, watching games at the stadium feels a very long way away with this mob in charge of our part of the country. Bear in mind they won't allow you to go for a meal with your missus at the moment, let alone go to a football ground, while it was only a few weeks ago that they were stopping you buying non-essential goods in supermarkets for no apparent reason.

Now that fans are being allowed back to games in small numbers in some areas of England, it somehow feels even less likely that will happen any time soon in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Two things to consider:

Firstly, the demographic of this board is such that plenty of the contributors on here wouldn't go to games at the moment even if they could. Indeed, some have already stated as much. I suspect the overall feeling might be slightly different on the other board, although I haven't read it for ages so that's just a guess.

Secondly, watching games at the stadium feels a very long way away with this mob in charge of our part of the country. Bear in mind they won't allow you to go for a meal with your missus at the moment, let alone go to a football ground, while it was only a few weeks ago that they were stopping you buying non-essential goods in supermarkets for no apparent reason.

Now that fans are being allowed back to games in small numbers in some areas of England, it somehow feels even less likely that will happen any time soon in Wales.
    Six Nations is not to far away that will add a lot of pressure on Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I hadn't thought of that to be honest. The fact that he seems determined that the whole of Wales should have the same rules may hinder him. After all, if there are high rates of transmission in certain areas, he's going to find it difficult to justify letting sports fans go to games in others. It will be a test for him, though - especially as the English are likely to allow some fans into their games.

The first week of February is long way off yet. Maybe we'll have another 'firebreak' in January in order to allow the eggchasers to go to the boozer for the Six Nations. He'll probably close certain aisles in garden centres for that one.

I hadn't thought of that to be honest. The fact that he seems determined that the whole of Wales should have the same rules may hinder him. After all, if there are high rates of transmission in certain areas, he's going to find it difficult to justify letting sports fans go to games in others. It will be a test for him, though - especially as the English are likely to allow some fans into their games.

The first week of February is long way off yet. Maybe we'll have another 'firebreak' in January in order to allow the eggchasers to go to the boozer for the Six Nations. He'll probably close certain aisles in garden centres for that one.

And you'd all of a sudden pick up a keen interest in gardening "All i wanted to do was pick up some f ucking Tomato seeds"

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    And you'd all of a sudden pick up a keen interest in gardening "All i wanted to do was pick up some f ucking Tomato seeds"
    Rubbish. I'm after a new pitchfork.

Rubbish. I'm after a new pitchfork.

You've been on form lately....

Been missing live sport and live music.Going to the Reading game on Saturday. I’m not entirely comfortable about going. Won’t go in midweek next week though. One step at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Been missing live sport and live music.Going to the Reading game on Saturday. I’m not entirely comfortable about going. Won’t go in midweek next week though. One step at a time.
    I do have sympathy for those who love live music. I reckon that's further away than live sport, such are the surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    With a restricted crowd the Welsh rugby team could play anywhere I s’pose, so a tier system could be stealthily introduced and they’d play in a ‘safe’ area whereas we only want to watch The City at the CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    With a restricted crowd the Welsh rugby team could play anywhere I s’pose, so a tier system could be stealthily introduced and they’d play in a ‘safe’ area whereas we only want to watch The City at the CCS.
    Indeed the difference is a club thats is closer to its core support and a nationalist side that has a broader appeal