+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brains Brewery

Re: Brains Brewery

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Brains Black is dreadful Brains Dark was a very good beer, as was its orginal SA , Brains its a sold out corporate animal , it lost its real ale tag a long time ago, its only function and survival is because its in Wales and we have to presume its wonderful because of its Welshness.
    SA is very drinkable, if a little bland
    Rev James is a nice pint
    SA Gold is also decent in the summer.

Not a fan of Black, or most of their craft brewing efforts.

I try and boycott them for a number of reasons , mainly its shit beer , ioverpriced pre cooked crap food , bad management structures, over dressed restaurant type pubs .

My lad worked in thier kitchens at minimum wage , a lot of the time left on his own to prepare meals within the Brains 20 minutes prep window no matter how many orders , hardly any training given before he was thrust into a responsibility of shunting out the meals to its poor customers .

I'll stay away perhaps Drakeford can drink in them if he actually goes out ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    SA is very drinkable, if a little bland
    Rev James is a nice pint
    SA Gold is also decent in the summer.

Not a fan of Black, or most of their craft brewing efforts.
    Everyone to its own taste , my favoured beer is Proper Job.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    On the very few occasions I have had a pint of brains, it tastes like disinfectant

Dreadful stuff

The Welsh make crap beer

Some great beer up north

But when I did enjoy a drink from time to time it was Newcastle Brown
    Brains beer is OK, but nothing special*. The are plenty of good breweries in Wales, Dogs Window, Pipes, Mad Dog, Crafty Devil, Polly's, Arcadian VOG, Tenby Harbour, to name just a few of them. Go and try their beers and you will learn that the Welsh can make very good beer.

* I like Barry Island IPA

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Each to their own, I can't stand the Adnams stuff.

Brains beers are pretty good, especially SA, which they use high quality ingredients for.
    Their Ghost Ship is good.

Brewdog Layer cake is my new favourite

Everyone to its own taste , my favoured beer is Proper Job.
    Proper job is a decent IPA which I drink. Me and our kid visited the St Austell brewery when the city were playing their pre-season matches. They had just bought the Bath Ales brewery business, which also made some quality beers.

My favourite IPA is Jaipur from the Thornbridge brewery which you can buy in cans/kegs and is sometimes on tap in Wetherspoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post

My favourite IPA is Jaipur from the Thornbridge brewery which you can buy in cans/kegs and is sometimes on tap in Wetherspoons.
    My local is a Thornbridge pub - with a fantastic range of their beers. I think they set up the brewery in the early 2000s in Thornbridge Hall outside Sheffield (used to be a council owned venue for conferences, training events and private hire with a lot of bedrooms) and have grown it massively in the past 25 years - including at about 8 pubs in the Sheffield area. Jaipur is too strong for my taste (5.9 %) for anything more than a small sipping glass. Brother Rabbit on the other hand slides down like nectar!

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    Proper job is a decent IPA which I drink. Me and our kid visited the St Austell brewery when the city were playing their pre-season matches. They had just bought the Bath Ales brewery business, which also made some quality beers.

Got to agree with those choices

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Brains beer is OK, but nothing special*. The are plenty of good breweries in Wales, Dogs Window, Pipes, Mad Dog, Crafty Devil, Polly's, Arcadian VOG, Tenby Harbour, to name just a few of them. Go and try their beers and you will learn that the Welsh can make very good beer.

* I like Barry Island IPA
    Also Evan Evans Warrior, Tomos Watkin OSB, Bullmastiff Son of a Bitch and, up north, Purple Moose Dark side of the Moose.