+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brains Brewery

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Brains Brewery

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Growing up in Cardiff I never knew what a 'free house' was. It was either soapy Brains and that revolting 'dark', or a frothy HB in a Welsh Brewers pub. When Brains bought out Felifoel and put Rev. James bitter in their pubs, they at last had a decent pint. Unfortunately, there's pitifully little decent beer in Wales..
    The Glamorgan brewery in Llantrisant produces some decent beers. Their stout and their IPA are particularly nice.

I've never understood the attraction of Brains myself. My dad and grandfathers used to love it and tried to convince me SA was the best stuff around. Moving away to uni I found Ruddles County, Abbot Ale and Adnams Broadside and realised how inferior Brains SA was.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The Glamorgan brewery in Llantrisant produces some decent beers. Their stout and their IPA are particularly nice.

I've never understood the attraction of Brains myself. My dad and grandfathers used to love it and tried to convince me SA was the best stuff around. Moving away to uni I found Ruddles County, Abbot Ale and Adnams Broadside and realised how inferior Brains SA was.
    Each to their own, I can't stand the Adnams stuff.

Brains beers are pretty good, especially SA, which they use high quality ingredients for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Each to their own, I can't stand the Adnams stuff.

Brains beers are pretty good, especially SA, which they use high quality ingredients for.
    Their Ghost Ship is good.