+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Should this woman be allowed to work for the FAW?

Should this woman be allowed to work for the FAW?

Sack the vile, lying bitch! She should never ever be employed again in this country by any company or organisation. End of.

FAW appoints Post Office director who 'misled court

A former Post Office director, found by a judge to have "obfuscated" and "misled" a court is the Football Association of Wales's new "head of people", BBC Wales understands.

Angela van den Bogerd left her job with the Post Office earlier this year.

She gave evidence at court hearings between the Post Office and former subpostmasters wrongly suspected of stealing money.

The FAW would not comment when asked about her appointment.

A judge-led inquiry to investigate Post Office scandal
    Ex-postmistress hopes for overturn of conviction
    'I'm not a convicted criminal anymore'
    According to the subpostmasters, problems with the Horizon computing system were responsible for the inconsistencies in the accounts at some branches.

In court, the Rt Hon Justice Fraser criticised testimony given by Post Office witnesses.

The judge said Mrs van den Bogerd "did not give me frank evidence, and sought to obfuscate matters, and mislead me."

It appears Mrs van den Bogerd is now working for the FAW, the BBC understands.

The Welsh footballing body advertised for the new role of "head of people" through executive recruiting company Goodson Thomson in October this year.

'Show some respect to people'
    Sources with close connections to the FAW have expressed concerns about Mrs van den Bogerd's new position in light of her previous employment with the Post Office and role in those controversial court cases.

In 2006, Noel Thomas was one former subpostmaster jailed after being accused of false accounting. In light of the accusations levelled against him, he lost his home and was declared bankrupt.

Noel Thomas is appealing his sentence and a ruling in the High Court earlier this year means it is almost certain the Post Office won't now oppose his appeal.

Mr Thomas told Newyddion: "She has sat next to her chairperson in a Parliamentary committee denying all these accusations.

"We haven't been told what exactly went wrong until these court cases earlier this year and what the judge has said. If you read his judgement, which is 800 pages long - it's terrible."

He urged the FAW: "Look into things. Show some respect to people. Have they conducted a proper background search? Because if I wanted a job, my prospective employer would certainly investigate my past."

Mrs van den Bogerd has not yet responded to requests for comment.

Re: Should this woman be allowed to work for the FAW?

Based on your narrative I agree with you. She doesn't sound fit to hold the position.

Unbelievable!!!!

The lady seems to have established a reputation for herself of backing her bosses up regardless, including making potentially misleading statements in a court of law.
    The real issue here that isn't being mentioned is who would appoint such a person and should they be employed by the FAW?

"Head of People"? WTF is that?

The scandal - if that word is strong enough - has been going on for years. Literally scores of postmasters/postmistresses were accused of theft when computers 'lost' money. Many have been bankrupted, many have committed suicide, many have been left homeless and destitute, all have lost their livelihood, but because it is government owned they cannot bring any action against the Post Office. It is a dreadful state of affairs and far from being resolved..

.............and she's offered a job by the FAW..............WTF?????

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The scandal - if that word is strong enough - has been going on for years. Literally scores of postmasters/postmistresses were accused of theft when computers 'lost' money. Many have been bankrupted, many have committed suicide, many have been left homeless and destitute, all have lost their livelihood, but because it is government owned they cannot bring any action against the Post Office. It is a dreadful state of affairs and far from being resolved..

The fact that the FAW are prepared to employ this proven liar says as much about the morals at the FAW and their integrity also.They deserve all they get from this, its a disgrace.

People telling lies prospering in careers in public life and still we find that shocking. Have we been living under rocks for the last few years?

I don't think this, shortish, article on the BBC is going to give enough information to provide an answer one way or another. However, the chap interviewed said he would expect a background check to have taken place and so would I.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    The fact that the FAW are prepared to employ this proven liar says as much about the morals at the FAW and their integrity also.They deserve all they get from this, its a disgrace.
    One proven liar is the president of the USA, another is the prime minister of the UK. It's quite a coup for the FAW to get one. Going up in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    One proven liar is the president of the USA, another is the prime minister of the UK. It's quite a coup for the FAW to get one. Going up in the world.
    This woman is small fry compared to that pair of clowns, I am still wondering to this day how either became leaders of their respective countrys. To think Trump had his finger on the button is a fecking nightmare.

International

Why des every thread n here have to denigrate to a political comment?

It is the politics of envy!!

That said I agree with the OP

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why des every thread n here have to denigrate to a political comment?

That said I agree with the OP
    I honestly wouldn’t think anyone on here is envious of Trump or Johnson, politically or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I honestly wouldn’t think anyone on here is envious of Trump or Johnson, politically or otherwise.

Poor lady , poor Trump and Johnson who would want thier world .

I always wonder why one put yourself up there knowing your so disliked .

You would have to be a very one dimensional individual with a very thick skin to do so.

Would you care to explain what you mean by that?

Also, can you explain why stating a fact "Trump and Johnson are proven liars" is a political comment?

International

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Would you care to explain what you mean by that?

Also, can you explain why stating a fact "Trump and Johnson are proven liars" is a political comment?
    Bringing them into a thread about something completely different is what I meant by everything become political, but I doubt you noticed that.
    The constant moaning on here by people who think they had a god given right to win the last general election (Just like the Democrats felt they had a god given tight to win the 2016 presidential election) and the assertion that those elected are all either liars or cheats or stupid and that anyone who voted for them must be stupid. One poster even suggested that anyone who voted against the Labour party is so stupid that they shouldn't be allowed to vote.
    An example is the constant assertion that Labour could have run the virus problem better, completely denying the fact that no one had ever been confronted with the problem before and that if Labour had won the election it wouldn't be Starmer running the county it would be the likes of Abbott and McCluskey and who ever else pulled Corbyn's strings

It would be nice if there could be threads on here that didn't descent into political snipping. No one is going to change anyone's politics, its just fecking boring.

Having the Tories in charge during a pandemic is the nightmare scenario as they are only concerned with themselves and business. Labour, quite naturally, would have handled this better as they are more mindful of ‘people’. They would have been slaughtered by the press no doubt.

Bringing them into a thread about something completely different is what I meant by everything become political, but I doubt you noticed that.
    The constant moaning on here by people who think they had a god given right to win the last general election (Just like the Democrats felt they had a god given tight to win the 2016 presidential election) and the assertion that those elected are all either liars or cheats or stupid and that anyone who voted for them must be stupid. One poster even suggested that anyone who voted against the Labour party is so stupid that they shouldn't be allowed to vote.
    An example is the constant assertion that Labour could have run the virus problem better, completely denying the fact that no one had ever been confronted with the problem before and that if Labour had won the election it wouldn't be Starmer running the county it would be the likes of Abbott and McCluskey and who ever else pulled Corbyn's strings

It would be nice if there could be threads on here that didn't descent into political snipping. No one is going to change anyone's politics, its just fecking boring.
    I'm not cut out for a descent into political snipping.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I'm not cut out for a descent into political snipping.
    you have to tailor your responses to the posts though.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Having the Tories in charge during a pandemic is the nightmare scenario as they are only concerned with themselves and business. Labour, quite naturally, would have handled this better as they are more mindful of ‘people’. They would have been slaughtered by the press no doubt.
    you think. I appreciate that is your opinion but it isn't a fact, although it is presented as one.