+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 wins on the spin, 3 clean sheets

3 wins on the spin, 3 clean sheets

And yet very few positive threads about the manager and the lads.

I dread to think the meltdown this forum would be having with 3 losses on the spin without scoring.

Just goes to show that a lot of posters on this forum thrive on the negativity.

Very sad indeed.

Re: 3 wins on the spin, 3 clean sheets

I didn't see this streak of wins coming and it is encouraging to see that Harris can get a reaction when needed. 3 wins and 3 clean sheets is a top quality return.

I think you would have seen a reaction from fans had it been 3 losses due to what has come before these 3 games. 3 wins in 13 and 14 points from 39 for a club like ours is simply not good enough. We are still in 11th place and 4 points off the play offs which is below where the board wanted us to be and certainly a lot worse than many fans expected given the fact we finished 5th last season.

The three results have been very encouraging though and hopefully a sign of things to come. The fans on here don't see eye to eye on a lot of issues but I think we all want success for the club, be that with Harris or not. If he was to turn it around and put the team in place for a promotion charge then I would be as happy as anybody and admit I was wrong. I was certainly wrong with the last 3 games and am not the biggest fan of Harris but would love for him to prove me wrong if it meant City kicking on.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I didn't see this streak of wins coming and it is encouraging to see that Harris can get a reaction when needed. 3 wins and 3 clean sheets is a top quality return.

I think you would have seen a reaction from fans had it been 3 losses due to what has come before these 3 games. 3 wins in 13 and 14 points from 39 for a club like ours is simply not good enough. We are still in 11th place and 4 points off the play offs which is below where the board wanted us to be and certainly a lot worse than many fans expected given the fact we finished 5th last season.
    I hope our victory hasn’t spoilt your weekend Lew. You sound rattled.

You didn’t see it coming because you are so blinded with hate for the manager.
    Nevermind, games are coming thick and fast, we are bound to lose one soon such is the nature of the championship and then you can get the knives out again.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I hope our victory hasn’t spoilt your weekend Lew. You sound rattled.

You didn’t see it coming because you are so blinded with hate for the manager.
    Nevermind, games are coming thick and fast, we are bound to lose one soon such is the nature of the championship and then you can get the knives out again.
    Not at all. The last 3 games made a refreshing change.

I don't hate the manager, more don't rate him.
    Results like the last three in the style we won the games will go a long way to changing my mind though.

As for the knives I'll try to remain a bit more balanced going forward. I honestly thought he had lost the dressing room but the recent results show that is certainly not the case.

I dread to think the meltdown this forum would be having with 3 losses on the spin without scoring.

Very sad indeed.
    The manager isn’t fashionable enough for some fans and it’ll always hinder him. Since the start he’s done well, tried to get the team playing better stuff and got us into the playoffs despite not having the best squad.

We’ve had a couple of nightmare games but who doesn’t.

Very sad indeed.
    Bit odd you have posted about people posting negatively by posting negative instead of just posting a positive like you want. Strange.

I'd rather take a opinion based on a larger section than 3 games and look at reasons and look at why instead of throw away comments them back them up with my reasons.

Everyone deserves as much credit for the last 3 wins as they do the reuslts before. Can't people take an opinion over a long area of time and decide what's right and wrong and give an opinion (timed to the sensitive posters like you going forward - apologies again)

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Bit odd you have posted about people posting negatively by posting negative instead of just posting a positive like you want. Strange.

I'd rather take a opinion based on a larger section than 3 games and look at reasons and look at why instead of throw away comments them back them up with my reasons.

Everyone deserves as much credit for the last 3 wins as they do the reuslts before. Can't people take an opinion over a long area of time and decide what's right and wrong and give an opinion (timed to the sensitive posters like you going forward - apologies again)
    Rattled

Rattled
    No, just odd.
    Read it, you maybe embarrassed

No, just odd.
    Read it, you maybe embarrassed
    I’m not

I’m not
    Good, makes it even better when people read and laugh

Not as much as they are laughing at you wanting a manager out who’s just 7 points off the autos

Not as much as they are laughing at you wanting a manager out who’s just 7 points off the autos
    Your fun. Your like a pet with one eye. Adorable but doesn't know what's going on.

But currently off target as per Dalman’s comments depite 3 wins on the bounce. He has given himself a fighting chance.

Your fun. Your like a pet with one eye. Adorable but doesn't know what's going on.

But currently off target as per Dalman’s comments depite 3 wins on the bounce. He has given himself a fighting chance.
    I know perfectly well what going on. It’s the championship, there will be ups and downs. We’d have to have 6 or 7 managers a season if you and your ilk had your way with the mass hysteria after every bump in the road.

I know perfectly well what going on. It’s the championship, there will be ups and downs. We’d have to have 6 or 7 managers a season if you and your ilk had your way with them as hysteria after every bump in the road.
    Odd assumption. Never mind. Night night

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

The three results have been very encouraging though and hopefully a sign of things to come. The fans on here don't see eye to eye on a lot of issues but I think we all want success for the club, be that with Harris or not. If he was to turn it around and put the team in place for a promotion charge then I would be as happy as anybody and admit I was wrong. I was certainly wrong with the last 3 games and am not the biggest fan of Harris but would love for him to prove me wrong if it meant City kicking on.
    About a week ago you were one of the most vociferous critics of the team and manager. You made out he was useless and shouldn't have been appointed in the first place. I suppose that at least you have had the guts to stick your head above the parapet now, unlike bluebird23 who appears to have disappeared without trace. However, you still cant bring yourself to admit you were wrong and that your comments were ill judged and basically ridiculous bearing in mind what was achieved last season and the improvements to the squad this season. Harris is a young, British, ex player for the club and well respected coach/manager with experience in this division who is reorganising and rebuilding the team/club and gradually changing the way we play. Pity you cant realise and accept that.

The only thing that people read and laugh at is the negative crap that people like you continually churn out about the manager and team.

And the only team in the Championship to win their last 3 games. Well done to all concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny London View Post
    And the only team in the Championship to win their last 3 games. Well done to all concerned.
    Wow,didn't realise that.

I think there's been a fair amount of positivity. Especially after yesterday. Maybe most people thought as I do, that Harris is not a great long-term solution and they remain unconvinced. I still don't think he should be sacked though. And you must admit that three losses would be a bigger story than the three wins. It would have meant 1 point from 18. Desperate stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    About a week ago you were one of the most vociferous critics of the team and manager. You made out he was useless and shouldn't have been appointed in the first place. I suppose that at least you have had the guts to stick your head above the parapet now, unlike bluebird23 who appears to have disappeared without trace. However, you still cant bring yourself to admit you were wrong and that your comments were ill judged and basically ridiculous bearing in mind what was achieved last season and the improvements to the squad this season. Harris is a young, British, ex player for the club and well respected coach/manager with experience in this division who is reorganising and rebuilding the team/club and gradually changing the way we play. Pity you cant realise and accept that.
    It appears the owner you so admire couldn't accept that either.

"We are in a result-orientated business and our on-field results of late and progress this season has been very poor." (Vincent Tan, 21/01/21)

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It appears the owner you so admire couldn't accept that either.

"We are in a result-orientated business and our on-field results of late and progress this season has been very poor." (Vincent Tan, 21/01/21)
    Very sad

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Very sad
    It is. Harris seems to me to be a decent fella who was doing his best but, as the owner says, he's in a result-orientated business and his team's on-field results and progress this season have been very poor. And his football was generally grim to watch.

Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It is. Harris seems to me to be a decent fella who was doing his best but, as the owner says, he's in a result-orientated business and his team's on-field results and progress this season have been very poor. And his football was generally grim to watch.

Very sad.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Agreed
    There is no shame in being mid table when you are going through a transition, developing youngsters and restructuring the footballing elements of the club. I think we would have accepted that. But most of us would admit we seemed to be getting worse under Harris, not better. I couldn't really see an glimmers of hope on the playing side.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    There is no shame in being mid table when you are going through a transition, developing youngsters and restructuring the footballing elements of the club. I think we would have accepted that. But most of us would admit we seemed to be getting worse under Harris, not better. I couldn't really see an glimmers of hope on the playing side.
    There weren't any glimmers of hope on the playing side, Harry Wilson looks half the player he was, and i don't think that his all round play was that great to start with. All this 'Give him a chance' (Harris) means absolutely nothing if performances aren't there or individuals are improving. That's what a decent manager does, he improves players and we as supporters witness it and take some positivity away from the result. That wasn't happening. Add to that the lack of self belief and desire when things weren't going our way, attributes we've never been short on in order to compensate for our lack of ability with a ball. Make no mistake, we are in the shit, there's nothing positive out there on match day. I don't think that people realise how bad we've become, i've seen league 1 teams play better football than us. added to that some urgency and confidence.

If MM does end up at the club, hopefully it'll be a short term thing. I can see the logic, it's a Warnock thing, confidence is incredibly low, players look dejected, unhappy, unwilling to take risks, that needs turning around very quickly, that's the priority at this moment in time, forget tactics and philosophy. My only concern is that Uncle Mick does a turn and the mad bastards down there offer him a 3 year deal. Bring him in, get confidence up, install self belief and a bit of happiness on the pitch. In the meantime, search for someone younger and a bit more progressive.