4 7.02%
  • No

50 87.72%
  • Leo Fortune West

3 5.26%
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: BLM - Will you boo ?

BLM - Will you boo ?

BLM - Will you boo kneeling when we're back ?

Yes
    No
    LFW

Just interested...any comments would be 👍

Re: BLM - Will you boo ?

I certainly didn’t boo yesterday and would never boo anyway.

No.

Nope, I would join in or applaud to show solidarity.

I have moaned about racism, from a British Asian’s perspective, in the past, but tbh BlPoC have it worse than me, both here and in the USA. I have seen my black friends face worse treatment than me. Anyone who boos is, to put it frankly, an entitled **** and should get a grip

No

I grew up in the valleys where racism is rife, it still is. I’ve said things I’m not proud of from a race perspective. I now have black friends from different parts of Wales and the UK and I try and see things from their perspective. I now argue with other friends and family who come out with such nonsense about how their fed up of seeing more black people on tv or the taking of the knee.

Personally, I don’t look at the taking the knee as a Marxist political movement, anyone using that excuse is just a closet racist imo. To me it’s about black people wanting to be respected too not that only black lives matter. It’s bringing awareness to a problem within our society and if people are going to froth at the mouth or boo over a simple 3 second knee bend then they need to take a long hard look at themselves.

I'm fascinated whether anyone is going to vote yes and, less likely, admit to doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by I'll give you the Malky!! View Post
    BLM - Will you boo kneeling when we're back ?

Yes
    No
    LFW

Just interested...any comments would be 👍
    No I'm not a weak, feeble minded buffoon with no confidence in my own identity.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No

I grew up in the valleys where racism is rife, it still is. I’ve said things I’m not proud of from a race perspective. I now have black friends from different parts of Wales and the UK and I try and see things from their perspective. I now argue with other friends and family who come out with such nonsense about how their fed up of seeing more black people on tv or the taking of the knee.

Personally, I don’t look at the taking the knee as a Marxist political movement, anyone using that excuse is just a closet racist imo. To me it’s about black people wanting to be respected too not that only black lives matter. It’s bringing awareness to a problem within our society and if people are going to froth at the mouth or boo over a simple 3 second knee bend then they need to take a long hard look at themselves.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm fascinated whether anyone is going to vote yes and, less likely, admit to doing so.
    It's a bit like a general election, i always play the game of count the placard, in support of a certain political party, it's as close as i can get, while on my travels, in order to gauge political allegiance in certain areas and roads. There's always alack of 'Blue' especially in the more lower middle class, working class areas. That doesn't seem to tally up when we get the results though. Basically, nobody is going to openly admit that they'd boo the BLM protest in the same way some people wont admit that they vote Tory-The only conclusion i can draw from my findings is that both actions are wrong and that the people who do it, know they're wrong

Why would anyone that's not a racist boo? It takes a few seconds and all it does is remind us that racism exists and that we should do something about it. An uncomfortable fact for us white folk, but also an undeniable one.

If you don't like it, think of it like this: it's a (very) short advert for something you don't want. You can put up with that, can't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's a bit like a general election, i always play the game of count the placard, in support of a certain political party, it's as close as i can get, while on my travels, in order to gauge political allegiance in certain areas and roads. There's always alack of 'Blue' especially in the more lower middle class, working class areas. That doesn't seem to tally up when we get the results though. Basically, nobody is going to openly admit that they'd boo the BLM protest in the same way some people wont admit that they vote Tory-The only conclusion i can draw from my findings is that both actions are wrong and that the people who do it, know they're wrong
    Like a lot of Trump voters. It has become so pervasive that there are questions over the future of political polling.

Looking at the booing its probably a case for taking the knee in football no longer doing what it set out to do originally. Probably a new tact has to be taken to stop a wedge being driven through the issue putting people on one side of the argument or the other.

Just have a look at the comments section about the booing on ANY daily mail article to see what people really when anonymous. Few will boo and even less will admit to doing so on an internet forum. Whilst I can agree politics shouldn't really have a place in sport, quite frankly the booing both saddens and disgusts me.

I wouldn't have thought that many if any Cardiff fans would boo, and if they did, as a collective we'd stamp it out. But I suppose we shall see.

These are just the moderated comments that got through the filters too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp....html#comments

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo....html#comments

I know the Tories took a hell of a beating in 1997, but I had a grudging respect for the family that lived about five houses away from me because they had the only Conservative placard or poster I saw in the build up to the election in their window. Clearly there were millions of people who voted Tory that year and yet hardly anyone would admit to it - seems like its always been the case mind.

You only had to read some of the comments and abuse Anton Ferdinand took on social media on Monday after his documentary aired to know that racism is still very much alive and kicking in this country and within football.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Well said.
    I agree

You may be right judging by the views to votes

You only had to read some of the comments and abuse Anton Ferdinand took on social media on Monday after his documentary aired to know that racism is still very much alive and kicking in this country and within football.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Like a lot of Trump voters. It has become so pervasive that there are questions over the future of political polling.
    Couldn't agree more.

No

👏👏👏

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Looking at the booing its probably a case for taking the knee in football no longer doing what it set out to do originally. Probably a new tact has to be taken to stop a wedge being driven through the issue putting people on one side of the argument or the other.

Just have a look at the comments section about the booing on ANY daily mail article to see what people really when anonymous. Few will boo and even less will admit to doing so on an internet forum. Whilst I can agree politics shouldn't really have a place in sport, quite frankly the booing both saddens and disgusts me.

I wouldn't have thought that many if any Cardiff fans would boo, and if they did, as a collective we'd stamp it out. But I suppose we shall see.

These are just the moderated comments that got through the filters too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo....html#comments
    I had a look on a Millwall forum yesterday to see what their own reaction was like, I couldn't believe what I was reading, some shameful stuff on there

I too would like to think Cardiff wouldn't boo the way Millwall did but looking at the other board I'm not certain it would be silent

Anybody who misinterprets that 'Black Lives Matter' as meaning 'Only Black Lives Matter' probably thought that the slogan 'Free Nelson Mandela' meant that everyone else incarcerated in apartheid-South Africa should remain in prison....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Anybody who misinterprets that 'Black Lives Matter' as meaning 'Only Black Lives Matter' probably thought that the slogan 'Free Nelson Mandela' meant that everyone else incarcerated in apartheid-South Africa should remain in prison....
    I'm not the first to comment this but I'd love to get the All Lives Matter crew's take on those refugees in dinghies trying to make their way to the UK

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm not the first to comment this but I'd love to get the All Lives Matter crew's take on those refugees in dinghies trying to make their way to the UK
    They don't actually mean "All lives matter" though. They mean, "boo hoo someone is getting attention and not me".

I doubt whether anyone with an ounce of common sense voted "Yes. The Millwall fans who booed really are stupid. If they don't like footballers taking the knee the last thing they should do is boo or protest as that has now ensured the practice will continue for probably a very long time.

I wonder what the football authorities think about whether taking the knee at kick off time should last indefinitely; will there be an alternative or will it have an end date or like clapping for the NHS which of course was done for entirely different reasons. Over time taking the knee may lose its impact but for the foreseeable future Millwall supporters have ensured the practice will continue.