+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Terrible defending for the first goal from Bennet and Morrison. Is it time Morrison sat out a few games and we gave Benkovic a chance? (Not Bamba obviously). i don't blame Smithies for it.

They're centre back Bennett should have gone for the foul on Moore , it would have changed they game. Mind you we were awful anyway today.

Swansea pass the ball well, but are not great, but they didn't need to be today with our performance. they didn't;t even need a decent striker against that defence today.

The second goals was taken well but Lowe, Wilson gave the ball away, Vaulks dived in and missed by a mile, Wilson tried and failed, and the forward skipped around the centre backs and scored.

Harris has to take the blame for playing the same side for 5 games in a row, even if we did win four of them. Cooper said before the game he changed the personal for the game so why didn't Harris. Although we have 9 players on the bench only Glatzel is any good.

Harris must also take the blame for his recruitment. Osei-Tutu is an under 21 player and has been injured. We signed Wilson because of his reputation, he is v very inconsistent. Ojo was signed probably because we knew NML was going. Benkovic?? Surely he had to rotate his squad and especially play 4-5-1 in this game to count their possession? But no, let play the same side, with young Harris again in a 4-4-2.

We will be no where near a play off place come the end of the season with these players. I reckon Swansea will fade a bit, but make the play offs.
    Good, this. We're paying the price of Harris rushing back JOT, and we need another right back.

Wilson would be a great player in a good side. He drifts in and out of games naturally, and we aren't a good side. The Moore injury is a complete disaster.

Re rotation, bar Benkovic, I don't think we've got a good squad. I don't think Harris' recruitment has been that bad, he's done it on a budget as well but we've got some glaring holes that we never addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The Moore injury is a complete disaster.
    Absolutely. Despite bringing in a couple of very good loan players, it speaks volumes that we're so reliant on Kieffer Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Does anybody else feel very little about the result today?

It was a strange one for me. I had it on City TV in the background but missed Kick-off because I was pottering about outside. I looked at the telly four minutes in and went to make a sandwich. I came back and they were 1-0 up and was annoyed when I saw the replay of the goal but didn't really think much more of it.

After that, I got distracted by other things and didn't even see their second and just dipped in and out.

I would have seen every kick of the ball in previous derbies and stayed watching until the end, good or bad. This would have been unthinkable over my time as a City fan.

Curiously, being from Port Talbot, I'm surrounded by Jacks but I've heard nothing from them. No taunts or goading, nothing.

Since football has restarted, I haven't paid too much attention to it generally.

Anyone else feeling the same or similar way?
    Definitely feel different.

After that in the stadium today I’d be angry, I’d talk about it all the way gone and go over the highlights where it went wrong

The lack of fans for me has had a massive influence on this game as a derby. Shame.

Definitely a case for football needs fans more than fans need football.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely. Despite bringing in a couple of very good loan players, it speaks volumes that we're so reliant on Kieffer Moore.
    The fact that Harris was out of ideas forced his hand into playing Mark which turned out OK

Perhaps this loss will do the same

Good, this. We're paying the price of Harris rushing back JOT, and we need another right back.

Wilson would be a great player in a good side. He drifts in and out of games naturally, and we aren't a good side. The Moore injury is a complete disaster.

Re rotation, bar Benkovic, I don't think we've got a good squad. I don't think Harris' recruitment has been that bad, he's done it on a budget as well but we've got some glaring holes that we never addressed.

Yeah we've got a good squad. We need a right back and a creative midfielder but I presume that'll happen on the window.
    Much as I was calling for a new manager I was wrong and he's turned it round. 10 goals and 12 points in 4 games can't be argued with - you can't be lucky that many times.
    I'd rarely say this but I knew this was going to happen today much as I didn't want it to. Reason? I could just see how drained some of them were after such a lot of high octane football in a short time and they were in a state at the end of the Stoke game with too little time to recover.
    Personally I'd have brought in fresh men and packed the midfield in the circumstances but I can also understand why he took a chance that they might find something to continue the momentum.

Lesson learned I hope but on the whole it's not unexpected and it's not the end of the world. Since we're stuck with a packed schedule he's now got to rest some players even if that means taking a point from otherwise winnable games.
    I don't personally see Swansea or anyone else as particularly vital , beyond the fact that it was a six pointer in the sense of numbers gradually displacing them and some others from the top six.

What I do see though is every realistic probability of climbing right up the table if we can kniock off a few rough edges and exploit the scoring abilities we've got .

I think we'll finish higher than Swansea.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    But his dad is not an “out and out” fan
    What makes you say this Tony?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Just looked at the Bournemouth game,light years in front of us.
    Running from midfield and scoring.
    EXACTLY.

Embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Definitely feel different.

After that in the stadium today I’d be angry, I’d talk about it all the way gone and go over the highlights where it went wrong

The lack of fans for me has had a massive influence on this game as a derby. Shame.

Definitely a case for football needs fans more than fans need football.
    I’m the same. I didn’t watch the last 10 mins and find it hard to concentrate on the game when we play.

I suspect that is as much due to the absolutely awful football that we play as it is down to the absence of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I think we'll finish higher than Swansea.
    I have saved this screenshot.

Laughable. 4 wins no sign of some supporters. A defeat up all hours.

Roathie? Perhaps.

(dont mean you Eric)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    EXACTLY.

Embarrassing.
    They've got 30/40m players in their side. We have Will Vaulks.

And the JBs? Do they as well? And Brentford?

We needed Tomlin yesterday vaulks and bennet just aren’t up to it. Ralls lost it out of frustration no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    And the JBs? Do they as well? And Brentford?
    Andre Ayew cost more than our entire starting XI

30/40m players in their side?😂 Ayew cost £18m when they were in Premier League now his MV is £3.6m Lowe cost less than £1m. The rest cost next to nothing! We had 30-40m of players on the bench!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    30/40m players in their side?�� Ayew cost £18m when they were in Premier League now his MV is £3.6m Lowe cost less than £1m. The rest cost next to nothing! We had 30-40m of players on the bench!
    I think he was on about Bournemouth which I would agree with on touted values

30/40m players in their side?�� Ayew cost £18m when they were in Premier League now his MV is £3.6m Lowe cost less than £1m. The rest cost next to nothing! We had 30-40m of players on the bench!
    We made Lowe look like luis suarez I heard

The two squads cost roughly the same. We've found ourselves in the bizarre position of the bench costing more than the XI (mainly due to some of Warnock's dreadful signings). Our bench somehow cost us around £20m which is baffling when you look at the quality (or lack of) of the players on there

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    We made Lowe look like luis suarez I heard
    A year or so ago there was a thread about which striker could be brought in.

Quite a few said that Jamal Lowe was not up to championship standard when playing at Pompey.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The two squads cost roughly the same. We've found ourselves in the bizarre position of the bench costing more than the XI (mainly due to some of Warnock's dreadful signings). Our bench somehow cost us around £20m which is baffling when you look at the quality (or lack of) of the players on there
    Warnock ****ed us over good and proper last summer.