+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Always felt it was a bit forced myself. Besides the 6 months I spent working there ive not really ever known any of their fans and have probably met less than a handful. Its a rivalry of sorts but always felt we were a bit robbed of a proper one.

Similar distance to Bristol, what is it 40 odd miles?

I appreciate for those city fans who live closer to them then it is probably a very different experience.
    I have to disagree with you. There's nothing 'forced' about the rivalry. I lived in Cardiff for the majority of my life, you didn't need to live in Neath or anywhere else so close to feel it.

For me, it all began when Toshack took them from the old fourth division to the then first division, when they started recruiting ex-Liverpool players and came up with new designs to make the Vetch Field a bowl stadium, similar to what the Cardiff National Stadium was at the time.

Maybe 10 years ago I would have been more into the rivalry, but it's just another fixture to me now, funny how things change like that.

I mean if any fans on either side like to carry it on, then good luck to them, but I'm not bothered any more.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Our pathetic performance at the Liberty last season left me thinking that the Swansea team and management "got" what the game was all about far more than ours. I'll admit that, as a fan, it's not the be all and end all as far as I'm concerned, but the jacks have been, if not dominant, the stronger team since the games started up again after their promotion to the second tier, I think that, generally speaking, they've wanted it more than since then.
    I think as a club they take it more seriously as Swansea is generally the smaller of us both. Smaller stadium, smaller city, Cardiff gets everything etc. Their fanbase also take it far more seriously. When we went to the Liberty last season there was loads of them lined up to shout at the away coaches.

There's also a weird right wing loyalist element to their support who seem hell bent on casting Swansea as the "Welsh Rangers", goading us with union flags

[I[/I]
    Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I think as a club they take it more seriously as Swansea is generally the smaller of us both. Smaller stadium, smaller city, Cardiff gets everything etc. Their fanbase also take it far more seriously. When we went to the Liberty last season there was loads of them lined up to shout at the away coaches.

There's also a weird right wing loyalist element to their support who seem hell bent on casting Swansea as the "Welsh Rangers", goading us with union flags
    Not used to seeing strangers coming to the town though. I remember once I ended up on a boat to Medan in Sumatra, didn’t really plan it. On arrival all us farangs were rounded up on a coach and taken from the port. On every street people just stopped what they were doing to stare at the coach, not just whimsically either, until we were out of sight. Off the coach we were surrounded, then followed wherever we went. You’d think it was 1856 but this was 2001. Has to be one of the worst places I’ve ever been in my life. Reminds me of Swansea town anyway.

Harry Wilson not ruled out for Saturday (yet) but Harris doesn't sound confident.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rence-19431791

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Jack’s match day thread. Nice write up on us, they really are obsessed

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...day-thread/#20
    What a puerile thread. The most embarrassing thing is that a number of CCFC fans have retaliated in kind!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Harry Wilson not ruled out for Saturday (yet) but Harris doesn't sound confident.

Didn't Ashley Williams play a Euro quarter final with a bust shoulder? Surely a wanking injury can't rule Wilson out?

It will be interesting to see who replaces Wilson.
    Is it time for Whyte to step up if Hoilett also out. Murphy has surely had too many chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Is it time for Whyte to step up if Hoilett also out. Murphy has surely had too many chances.
    Whyte must be doing something right in training as he is now back in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Whyte must be doing something right in training as he is now back in the picture.
    Only since the 5 subs rule

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    He's only had 265 minutes this season, across a couple of different positions and mostly in cameos , I don't think that is too many chances

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

We're playing those mind games together
    Pushing the barrier, planting seed.

I think if you went to the Vetch in the 70’s and 80’s to watch the derby games you would know all about the rivalry. I think it’s a little looking down on them to say we don’t take the derby so seriously. I want us to stuff them!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I think if you went to the Vetch in the 70’s and 80’s to watch the derby games you would know all about the rivalry. I think it’s a little looking down on them to say we don’t take the derby so seriously. I want us to stuff them!
    Just watched Harris' interview.

Whether we win or not tomorrow I think he is a good man.

Prediction - 3-0 Bluebirds.

Can’t believe we’ve only played them 69 times - seems like it should be more

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Jack’s match day thread. Nice write up on us, they really are obsessed

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...day-thread/#20
    I think it's quite funny, incredibly delusional but still funny

2-0 City. Get into em.

High flying bluebirds 2-1 dying swans

1-0 Bluebirds and a nice weekend

Harry Wilson is fit. Cardiff unchanged for a fifth game in a row

Abertawe Town will score

So we gotta score more

Swansea player sent off and a 3 0 win to cardiff

Wilson starts! Unchanged again.

3-1 City

a top corner curler and couple of headed set pieces

lump on!

1-0 City Mark Harris overnight folklore hero.