+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guitarists

Re: Guitarists

Did we ever find out what amp this kid uses?

And does anyone else think this thread might be a wind-up?

Alex de Grassi plays, Western.' Has anyone on here ever heard of him?

https://youtu.be/RT7O6OTaMmU

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

Wales Bales innit....

Feedback

why would it be a wind up? as much as I love listening to music, I know nothing about guitars. The lad loves his music and has been playing guitar since he was 7. He's had a tough year in school and has done exceptionally well, so why not reward him a little bit.

NB he has a tonemaster

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    why would it be a wind up? as much as I love listening to music, I know nothing about guitars. The lad loves his music and has been playing guitar since he was 7. He's had a tough year in school and has done exceptionally well, so why not reward him a little bit.

NB he has a tonemaster
    Rather more than a little bit. Even a professional musician would aspire to own an American Strat, a Telecaster and maybe a Gibson Les Paul coupled with his Fender amp. He better be good to justify owning such equipment and play in a decent bad. If he plays his music just around the house such a set up is completely over the top.

Probably a little envy has crept in there when I think of the equipment I started with - a converted radio used as an amp, a second hand Vox guitar with a warped neck from a junk shop on City Road. While I progressed to much better equipment later on my start doesn't begin to compare with Feedback's son. He's a lucky lad and I hope he knows it and is appreciative.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Rather more than a little bit. Even a professional musician would aspire to own an American Strat, a Telecaster and maybe a Gibson Les Paul coupled with his Fender amp. He better be good to justify owning such equipment and play in a decent bad. If he plays his music just around the house such a set up is completely over the top.

Probably a little envy has crept in there when I think of the equipment I started with - a converted radio used as an amp, a second hand Vox guitar with a warped neck from a junk shop on City Road. While I progressed to much better equipment later on my start doesn't begin to compare with Feedback's son. He's a lucky lad and I hope he knows it and is appreciative.
    he's in a band in school and his school have nights where bands can play. The first time I saw him play I was quite taken aback. He was good - very good. This is his passion therefore its worthy of my support.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    he's in a band in school and his school have nights where bands can play. The first time I saw him play I was quite taken aback. He was good - very good. This is his passion therefore its worthy of my support.
    To be honest, and I'm repeating myself, but this is all the more reason for you not to just buy a random expensive guitar one week before Christmas.

You're going to spend £2000+ for your son to find out that a Tele is more versatile than a Les Paul. You'd be much better off buying him a tube amp.

If you really wanted to do him a favor, get him a drum kit and lessons. It would help him understand rhythm and timing.

You're going to spend £2000+ for your son to find out that a Tele is more versatile than a Les Paul. You'd be much better off buying him a tube amp.

If you really wanted to do him a favor, get him a drum kit and lessons. It would help him understand rhythm and timing.
    Feedy’s good for it.

My dad bought the best instruments he could afford.

I’ve fallen out of love with music but I’ll be handing down my stuff to my children as it’ll never devalue

What did you get him? If it's not too late get him one of these:Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 11.08.56 AM.jpg