+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We need to support the team better when we play poorly.

We need to support the team better when we play poorly.

Both this forum and Annis’s are full of so called fans who knock the team and management when results go against us. Being a supporter does not mean criticising your side at every first opportunity. We all want (or should do) the City to win every game. Bloody well get behind the club please!

Re: We need to support the team better when we play poorly.

All clubs fans are often fickle but I think watching remotely doesn't help. You feel less part of it all, unable to really celebrate the wins and unable to get behind the team or vent in person when we play poorly.

When you serve up a display like that what else would you expect.I'm 63 and in all my years of watching us verses the jacks I can't remember a more gutless performance,we were humiliated.What would expect us to say"chin up chaps better luck next time" when "pass my pitchfork there's gonna be a lynching tonight" would be more apt.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Both this forum and *****’s are full of so called fans who knock the team and management when results go against us. Being a supporter does not mean criticising your side at every first opportunity. We all want (or should do) the City to win every game. Bloody well get behind the club please!
    So called fans,who have followed since 1968 are not allowed to say what they think is wrong?
    Today was abysmal.

Usually I agree, but not after such an abysmal performance against our most hated rivals. Embarrassing and rightly people are pissed off

Fans generally go from one extreme to the next, a bit like our form.

I kinda seen today coming after the Stoke game and seeing the line up. Fans can vent that's what forums are for and today was terrible.

I know people say posters only say this and that after a loss but loss will generally be more thought provoking and make people question things, that's natural.

As paying fans its fine to both praise and offer constructive criticism? whilst remain loyal.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    As paying fans its fine to both praise and offer constructive criticism? whilst remain loyal.
    True i bet you were there in the dungeon days.
    We still turned up when there was bigger queues going in to tescos

I love Cardiff City. And I always will. No matter what. I don't see anything wrong with criticizing the club, the management and the team. We just got outplayed by a superior team whose players had a better attitude. I want Cardiff to be the superior team. I want our players to have the better attitude. I want our manager to be a ****ing genius. What's wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Lots of non paying fans here too though, especially this year. Maybe there should be a separate forum where they have to be nice and we can criticise. I'll leave it to you and Mike to organize it

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    True i bet you were there in the dungeon days.
    We still turned up when there was bigger queues going in to tescos
    Its been a long journey.

The winning run was always going to come to an end it’s just such a shame it was against the JBs and with such a poor performance.

No excuses we were 2nd best all over the pitch. Paid them far too much respect from the off and it set the tone for the day.

The only saving grace is fans were not in the ground to witness that shit show and have their fans rubbing it in too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Both this forum and *****’s are full of so called fans who knock the team and management when results go against us. Being a supporter does not mean criticising your side at every first opportunity. We all want (or should do) the City to win every game. Bloody well get behind the club please!
    Be nice if we just put in a shift v the jacks for once, one or two maybe in 10 years?