+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pleased for Glatzel

Pleased for Glatzel

Not just because of his goal, but more so because his penalty miss came to nothing. He's not the most gifted and he does struggle a bit with the physical side of the championship, although he works so hard, doesn't shit out of challenges and doesn't hide, even when things aren't going his way. I'm glad that the penalty miss isn't going to effect his confidence to much.

Re: Pleased for Glatzel

It wasn’t a bad pen it was a great save to be fair.

Only saw the 2nd half but thought he was a handful. Didn’t stop working.

He's wearing a blue shirt

Up the city

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Not just because of his goal, but more so because his penalty miss came to nothing. He's not the most gifted and he does struggle a bit with the physical side of the championship, although he works so hard, doesn't shit out of challenges and doesn't hide, even when things aren't going his way. I'm glad that the penalty miss isn't going to effect his confidence to much.
    Not the most gifted is very harsh, he's he's struggled with the physical side but he has potential without a doubt.

Agree. If the penalty had cost us it could have done his confidence. Worked hard got a goal he can go home happy.

He’s really having a go but I must admit I wasn’t keen on his ‘ambling’ run up for the spot kick, I think that resulted in a lack of pace in the shot which enabled Etheridge to get to it. A firmer strike would have made it a lot more difficult for the ‘keeper to ‘beat’ the ball. Placed penalties look clever and great when the goalie goes the wrong way but on target pens with lots of pace invariably end up in the back of the net.

It might be interesting to note that half of Glatzel's goals for us (5 from 10) have been scored within the first 10 minutes of him playing, either as a starter or sub. With his penalty miss, he has still only scored 1 goal after being involved in a game for more than 45 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Not the most gifted is very harsh, he's he's struggled with the physical side but he has potential without a doubt.
    'Very' harsh? I could take just 'Harsh'

He's a decent striker in this league, lead the line well tonight, thought he bothered the defenders , based on the number of fouls they commited .

I like him and he definitely has something about him but he has never quite kicked on for us.

Good to see him get one tonight and be interested to see how he goes with a prolonged spell in the team. Good that we came back and won and that the penalty didn't cost us points too.

He's 27 in three weeks' time.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He's a decent striker in this league, lead the line well tonight, thought he bothered the defenders , based on the number of fouls they commited .
    He works very hard, doesn't win much in the air and hasn't really got it in him to 'leave a bit' on a defender. He's at his best with the ball at feet, looks to run at defenders but doesn't have that half a yard. He's very honest, i like that about him, he does some good stuff around the box, he's just lacking that little bit that would make him a really good player at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    He's 27 in three weeks' time.
    Young player of the year?

Did you notice how we didn't lose the game after missing the penalty?

He’s got something about him and could get on a scoring run if we play the ball into the right positions for him.

He’s no worse than Zohore was for most of his city career and much better than Rudy Gestede.

International

Young player of the year?
    you beat me to it!

The goal he scored tonight was class.

I could name probably 10 strikers who would have missed that tonight.

'Very' harsh? I could take just 'Harsh'
    We'll settle on moderately harsh 😄

But for a fine penalty save and an inadvertent clearance off the line by a team mate, Glatzel would have been celebrating a hat trick last night - I don't think there are many better back up strikers than him in the Championship. I suppose the question is, should a £5 million player be a back up for a club like us?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    But for a fine penalty save and an inadvertent clearance off the line by a team mate, Glatzel would have been celebrating a hat trick last night - I don't think there are many better back up strikers than him in the Championship. I suppose the question is, should a £5 million player be a back up for a club like us?
    I think the question still is he good enough to be our back up striker.

He is doing far better though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed but it is good to see him scoring.

Maybe this will give him the confidence to fulfil his potential here. I really hope so as we need him and as you say he hasn’t proved value for money yet (vs Moore’s contribution for example)

So did Bamford, Similar attributes (no doubting Bamford has proven though) now with a change of style at Leeds he's banging them in again where in the Champ he definitely struggled