+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 2 BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 2 BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

If we're going to play Gavin Whyte, it should be in the same role as Mark Harris. He doesn't contribute anything playing on the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Has Pack ever had a 'good one', seen him lots now and all he ever does is recieve the ball in acres of space, proceed to turn 360 degrees with the turing circle and speed of an oil tanker, then pass backwards - sideways if we're lucky and he panics.
    That was one hell of a "back pass"! Get what you mean about backwards/sideways passes. Makes a change to see a decisive forward pass like that. More please Marlon.
    3 points. Onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    We've got to sort out this possession problem though. 55% is almost criminal! Can we please get back to 39% asap.
    I'm sure that when an irregular contributor gets his way and Pack, Packs his Bags, then normal service will be resumed.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    If we're going to play Gavin Whyte, it should be in the same role as Mark Harris. He doesn't contribute anything playing on the wing.
    We might as well play a kid. Whyte does nothing, he needs a fresh start somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    February - maybe. He won't be out on the grass until mid January.
    Thanks Jon. Hopefully he's kept himself trim.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    No one has a better record than us over the latest 6 games. Judging by earlier reactions some people would have been happier with 1 win in 6 if we’d beaten the Jacks

I couldn't believe those comments myself and find it impossible to understand that way of thinking. It was even pointed out that by swapping our previous 4 wins for a win over the Jacks it could make the difference between staying up or relegation. But for some it mattered more that we beat our local rivals. Sheer lunacy !!

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    That was one hell of a "back pass"! Get what you mean about backwards/sideways passes. Makes a change to see a decisive forward pass like that. More please Marlon.
    3 points. Onwards and upwards.
    It also depends on the movement up ahead. We're usually quite static.

Especially crossing to Glatzel who’s less of a centre forward

Watching that through ball again and if you look closely even though it goes forwards - Pack actually passes it sideways - if we can get him to face the sidelines and run sideways for the whole match then we might have a player. Like a crab. That's good at football.

International

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    The only thing would be that Etheridge would have faced lots of Glatzel's pens in training but not Wilson
    I thought Wilson was the obvious choice to take the penalty. But there must be a reason why Glatzel did, perhaps what happens in training.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Watching that through ball again and if you look closely even though it goes forwards - Pack actually passes it sideways - if we can get him to face the sidelines and run sideways for the whole match then we might have a player. Like a crab. That's good at football.
    He might just come out of his shell a bit.

A few clubs might be checking if he has a release claws in his contract.

Which is unfortunate for a winger.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I thought Wilson was the obvious choice to take the penalty. But there must be a reason why Glatzel did, perhaps what happens in training.
    Probably to give him confidence. He's scored penalties in the past. I think of the late, legendary Peter Whittingham. Dave Jones put him on penalty duties one season. He scored loads, his confidence rose, he scored unbelievable goals and finally become a first team regular. Prior to that he was a bit in and out at times.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

They could have got him at a pinch prior to tonight - anyone after him now might have to visit a prawn broker to help raise funds - we've got an asset on our hands as long as he doesn't pull any mussels.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    3-2 Morrison!!!!
    Obviously took note of my earlier post about his hair judging by his goal celebration.

If you read this forum Sean, my apologies for doubting you!

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Obviously took note of my earlier post about his hair judging by his goal celebration.

If you read this forum Sean, my apologies for doubting you!
    That post did come into my head when he ran away taking the band off and shaking his hair.

I wonder if they do read these message boards.

To be fair if my workplace had one slagging off my boss and saying who they thought were pulling there weight and others they thought weren't up to it I'd be on here all the time having a look.

Nah, he's not up to scratch.

Surprised he passed on the ground. He usually lobster ball over the full back.

How does a missed pen affect xG?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    How does a missed pen affect xG?
    it's about 0.8 xG

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Bring Ojo off before he's sent off
    Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    He's given the ball away a few times on the half way line following a City attack, he then has to foul in order to give the likes of Morrison a chance to get back. He doesn't seem to like playing a simple pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Vaulks grew back into the game well whereas Ojo started to look really tired. The less said about Nelson and Bennett (definitely need a rest) the better.

Glatzel's penalty wasn't fantastic but would be good enough to score against any keeper not named Etheridge and he was unlucky not to have a second goal tonight too - I told you he had nice link up play with Harris! As for the cameos, think Whyte did well in first half but faded, Harris did a lot of intelligent running and showed good touches outside of the box but probably could have got a goal is he had shown a bit more anticipation.

How do you pick a team for Saturday though? Presumably much the same starting 11 but Ojo, Bennett, Nelson all looking like they need a rest so starts for Evans, Cunningham and Benkovic?
    Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    Wilson MOTM.

Ojo looks spent. Here's hoping Hoilett is fit for Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I think that's fair. Our experienced players and a bit of flair and dead ball quality from Wilson dragged us through. Ojo was our best player in the shambles against the Jacks but he looked poor today. Bennett and Nelson looked shot. I think Cunningham will come in for Bennett but can't see Benkovic being chucked in the deep end against Norwich. Ralls will be back in a tight 3 with Pack and Vaulks
    These posters seem to be making a point about Ojo, not being "up for it"

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    These posters seem to be making a point about Ojo, not being "up for it"
    None of them seem to be making that point at all.

Bring Ojo off before he's sent off - worried about him getting a second yellow

He's given the ball away a few times on the half way line following a City attack, he then has to foul in order to give the likes of Morrison a chance to get back. He doesn't seem to like playing a simple pass. - Thinks he doesn't play a simple pass

How do you pick a team for Saturday though? Presumably much the same starting 11 but Ojo, Bennett, Nelson all looking like they need a rest so starts for Evans, Cunningham and Benkovic? - Thinks he is tired and needs a rest

Ojo looks spent - Tired and needs a rest

Ojo was our best player in the shambles against the Jacks but he looked poor today. - Had one poor game
    You seem to just have some weird vendetta because you decided he was bad before he had even kicked a ball.