+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 2 BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 2 BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

Seems like the jacks blew their load v us, as ever, terrible last night by all accounts. They just love us so much don’t they

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Bring Ojo off before he's sent off
    Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    He's given the ball away a few times on the half way line following a City attack, he then has to foul in order to give the likes of Morrison a chance to get back. He doesn't seem to like playing a simple pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Vaulks grew back into the game well whereas Ojo started to look really tired. The less said about Nelson and Bennett (definitely need a rest) the better.

Glatzel's penalty wasn't fantastic but would be good enough to score against any keeper not named Etheridge and he was unlucky not to have a second goal tonight too - I told you he had nice link up play with Harris! As for the cameos, think Whyte did well in first half but faded, Harris did a lot of intelligent running and showed good touches outside of the box but probably could have got a goal is he had shown a bit more anticipation.

How do you pick a team for Saturday though? Presumably much the same starting 11 but Ojo, Bennett, Nelson all looking like they need a rest so starts for Evans, Cunningham and Benkovic?
    Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    Wilson MOTM.

Ojo looks spent. Here's hoping Hoilett is fit for Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I think that's fair. Our experienced players and a bit of flair and dead ball quality from Wilson dragged us through. Ojo was our best player in the shambles against the Jacks but he looked poor today. Bennett and Nelson looked shot. I think Cunningham will come in for Bennett but can't see Benkovic being chucked in the deep end against Norwich. Ralls will be back in a tight 3 with Pack and Vaulks
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You seem to just have some weird vendetta because you decided he was bad before he had even kicked a ball.

See the Ojo thread, I can't be bothered copy and pasting it.

No vendetta here, the lads just not up to TWO games a week.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Seems like the jacks blew their load v us, as ever, terrible last night by all accounts. They just love us so much don’t they
    Watched it till 7pm, out fought all over the pitch.

Could have been more

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I bet we win this
    This was a bold statement

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    See the Ojo thread, I can't be bothered copy and pasting it.

No vendetta here, the lads just not up to TWO games a week.
    This is getting pathetic now. He was one of our best (if not the best) players in the 4 games we won on the spin overall. He had a bad game, players do have bad games. That's why they play for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Probably to give him confidence. He's scored penalties in the past. I think of the late, legendary Peter Whittingham. Dave Jones put him on penalty duties one season. He scored loads, his confidence rose, he scored unbelievable goals and finally become a first team regular. Prior to that he was a bit in and out at times.
    Not true by my recollection or interpretation. Other than maybe a few months in his first season he was a regular barring injury. His talents were innate and always on show. You just had to notice them.