+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OJO Watch !!!!!!!!!

OJO Watch !!!!!!!!!

6th minute passed backwards
    7th minute standing still in the box, whilst Brum pass him by, also makes square pass
    12th minute Makes tackle in midfield, wins ball
    20th minute pass backwards
    21st minute caught on the edge of the box
    23rd minute haves a run, but gives the ball away cheaply
    26th minute passes backwards (pattern emerging here)
    35th minute runs square with the ball, gives it away cheaply
    36th minute gives ball away cheaply again
    41st minute wins a throw in
    42nd minute gives free kick away, BOOKED. (see 80th minute)
    48th minute gives ball away, then he's fouled.
    51st minute passes backwards
    52nd minute gives an attempt at a header, he's also fouled
    56th minute THIS IS A BEAUTY !!!!!! Some fans blaming Bennett for the Brum goal, for waving a leg out. Watch Ojo trot behind the goalscorer, from inside his own half, make NO attempt to catch him, or tackle him, stops 3 or 4 yards outside our box, and watches the Brum player stroke the ball into the net. (I think he applauds him at one stage)

58th minute ANOTHER pass backwards
    62nd minute gives ball away
    66th minute guess what, another pass back
    68th minute wins corner
    74th minute gives ball away, then fouls the Brum player (lucky to stay on)
    75th minute gives ball away
    76th minute passes to someone on our side, at last
    80th minute gives ball away, badly fouls the Brum player, Ref talks to hi. Lucky to stay on
    84th minute passes to a Brum player, outside OUR box, lucky not to give a goal away.
    85th minute he does something stupid, but I'm still screaming at the tele about the 84th minute incident, that I don't make a note of what he did.

He,s not an out and out Championship player.

Re: OJO Watch !!!!!!!!!

Bring OJO off before he's sent off
    Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    He's given the ball away a few times on the half way line following a City attack, he then has to foul in order to give the likes of Morrison a chance to get back. He doesn't seem to like playing a simple pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Vaulks grew back into the game well whereas OJO started to look really tired. The less said about Nelson and Bennett (definitely need a rest) the better.

Glatzel's penalty wasn't fantastic but would be good enough to score against any keeper not named Etheridge and he was unlucky not to have a second goal tonight too - I told you he had nice link up play with Harris! As for the cameos, think Whyte did well in first half but faded, Harris did a lot of intelligent running and showed good touches outside of the box but probably could have got a goal is he had shown a bit more anticipation.,

How do you pick a team for Saturday though? Presumably much the same starting 11 but OJO Bennett, Nelson all looking like they need a rest so starts for Evans, Cunningham and Benkovic?
    Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    Wilson MOTM.

OJO looks spent. Here's hoping Hoilett is fit for Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I think that's fair. Our experienced players and a bit of flair and dead ball quality from Wilson dragged us through. Ojo was our best player in the shambles against the Jacks but he looked POOR today. Bennett and Nelson looked shot. I think Cunningham will come in for Bennett but can't see Benkovic being chucked in the deep end against Norwich. Ralls will be back in a tight 3 with Pack and Vaulks
    These posters seem to be making a point about Ojo, not being "up for it"
    Edit / DeleteEdit Post Quick reply to this messageReply Reply With QuoteReply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Blog this Post
    + Reply to ThreadPage 6 of 6FirstFirstPrevious123456
    Quick Navigation Main Cardiff City Message Board Go Top
    Quick ReplyQuick Reply

Get a grip!

He needs a rest though. Id play Junior if fit.

If we have any cash in the summer id make Ojo permanent.

More than good enough for us at this level, some people just made their mind up after one match and are too narrow minded to change it.

He had a poor game, but what's this 'Pass backwards' stuff? Unless you can break the move down for us and produce evidence to say that Ojo had a better ball on or purposely ignored a player in a more advanced area, then your observations men nothing.

As for the goal. Well, credit has to go to the player who carried it out, great balance and vision. Bennetts feet were i a terrible position. he was square on and had no chance to adjust, secondly, it was obvious that the player was setting up to cut in on his left foot, yet Morrison did nothing to anticipate Bennett getting done, all it would've taken was a contact, a foul. It was a great bit of play by the Wednesday player. What it did show is that when opposition players run at our defence, we have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Get a grip!

He needs a rest though. Id play Junior if fit.

If we have any cash in the summer id make Ojo permanent.
    Nah, he needs dropping, he was shit last night although i do think that he has something that we can work on. As is the case with so many young players, his levels of urgency seem low, and his reaction to things going on around him can be poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    More than good enough for us at this level, some people just made their mind up after one match and are too narrow minded to change it.
    And which match would that be, as we've played 19

He's just has not got the concentration levels for the Championship. Just watch Brum's 2nd goal. Coaches nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He had a poor game, but what's this 'Pass backwards' stuff? Unless you can break the move down for us and produce evidence to say that Ojo had a better ball on or purposely ignored a player in a more advanced area, then your observations men nothing.

As for the goal. Well, credit has to go to the player who carried it out, great balance and vision. Bennetts feet were i a terrible position. he was square on and had no chance to adjust, secondly, it was obvious that the player was setting up to cut in on his left foot, yet Morrison did nothing to anticipate Bennett getting done, all it would've taken was a contact, a foul. It was a great bit of play by the Wednesday player. What it did show is that when opposition players run at our defence, we have problems.
    There's nothing wrong with passing back sometimes to maintain possession rather than hitting and hoping into nothing.

Some of our fans have never been able to grasp this.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

He's just has not got the concentration levels for the Championship. Just watch Brum's 2nd goal. Coaches nightmare.
    Hasn't he started every game when we've won 5 out of the last 6? He's been good during that run and not good when the rest of the team weren't good.

It's hard for a winger to look good when the rest of the team aren't playing well. No idea why he's singled out over anyone else.

I'd agree, he does switch off at times.

Nah, he needs dropping, he was shit last night although i do think that he has something that we can work on. As is the case with so many young players, his levels of urgency seem low, and his reaction to things going on around him can be poor.
    Could not have put it better myself

Lovely lad no doubt (him not you ), but he's not up to two games a week Championship level yet.

There's nothing wrong with passing back sometimes to maintain possession rather than hitting and hoping into nothing.

Have a look how many passes back (better still, look at the forward passes, NONE)

Of course, if there's nothing on then you start again. The other option is for players to carry the ball into space, commit the opposition and manufacture the space that wasn't there previously, we don't do that, that's why we see so many sideways passes

By the Wednesday player, we weren't playing two teams last night were we?🤔
    On a serious note 5 wins out of 6 is an excellent return, but as much as it goes against the grain for me, there were real signs of fatigue and tiredness out there which should mean 3-4 players need to rested for Saturday
    Bennett, Nelson and Ojo looked knackered
    Time for a change for Norwich on the weekend

Have a look how many passes back (better still, look at the forward passes, NONE)
    Yeah, but a pass forward has to be on, can't just whack it forward for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    By the Wednesday player, we weren't playing two teams last night were we?��
    On a serious note 5 wins out of 6 is an excellent return, but as much as it goes against the grain for me, there were real signs of fatigue and tiredness out there which should mean 3-4 players need to rested for Saturday
    **** me, that's how bad it's getting, sorry, i meant the Barnsley player..........

This is beyond

He had a poor game but he’s played a lot of football. A rest should do him good

Could not have put it better myself

Lovely lad no doubt (him not you ), but he's not up to two games a week Championship level yet.
    I am a lovely lad......

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    This is beyond

He had a poor game but he’s played a lot of football. A rest should do him good
    A rest wont do him any good, no player wants rest, they want to play. And anyway, it means that you've been dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    By the Wednesday player, we weren't playing two teams last night were we?��
    He wont drop Nelson, and do we have an option for cover for Bennett? Ojo might get hooked though.

Yeah, but a pass forward has to be on, can't just whack it forward for the sake of it.

I agree, but EVERY time he got the ball, the first option for him was, look for Bennett, or Nelson. No intention at all, to go sideways or forward.

Look, he's a CITY player and I want the lad to do well, but he's just not up to TWO games a week.

Didn't we leave him out, a few weeks ago and he came back and had a stormer and scored a goal. The lad needs a rest.

He wont drop Nelson, and do we have an option for cover for Bennett? Ojo might get hooked though.
    Cunningham and Bagan for Bennett. I think Vaulks will get hooked, too. He should have fouled their lad last night after Bennett got done and was soft in the tackle for the first goal. He's the worst passer of all our centre mids too, which is saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Cunningham and Bagan for Bennett. I think Vaulks will get hooked, too. He should have fouled their lad last night after Bennett got done and was soft in the tackle for the first goal. He's the worst passer of all our centre mids too, which is saying something.
    Oh yeah, Cunningham is back. Pack for Vaulks? who knows, a bit of squad rotation. Vaulks works hard and covers more ground than Pack, although pack has more vision and a better touch.

6th minute passed backwards
    7th minute standing still in the box, whilst Brum pass him by, also makes square pass
    12th minute Makes tackle in midfield, wins ball
    20th minute pass backwards
    21st minute caught on the edge of the box
    23rd minute haves a run, but gives the ball away cheaply
    26th minute passes backwards (pattern emerging here)
    35th minute runs square with the ball, gives it away cheaply
    36th minute gives ball away cheaply again
    41st minute wins a throw in
    42nd minute gives free kick away, BOOKED. (see 80th minute)
    48th minute gives ball away, then he's fouled.
    51st minute passes backwards
    52nd minute gives an attempt at a header, he's also fouled
    56th minute THIS IS A BEAUTY !!!!!! Some fans blaming Bennett for the Brum goal, for waving a leg out. Watch Ojo trot behind the goalscorer, from inside his own half, make NO attempt to catch him, or tackle him, stops 3 or 4 yards outside our box, and watches the Brum player stroke the ball into the net. (I think he applauds him at one stage)

58th minute ANOTHER pass backwards
    62nd minute gives ball away
    66th minute guess what, another pass back
    68th minute wins corner
    74th minute gives ball away, then fouls the Brum player (lucky to stay on)
    75th minute gives ball away
    76th minute passes to someone on our side, at last
    80th minute gives ball away, badly fouls the Brum player, Ref talks to hi. Lucky to stay on
    84th minute passes to a Brum player, outside OUR box, lucky not to give a goal away.
    85th minute he does something stupid, but I'm still screaming at the tele about the 84th minute incident, that I don't make a note of what he did.

He,s not an out and out Championship player.

What the **** is an out and out championship player

This is almost as much bollocks as saying Wilson is shit if you take away set pieces

Our fans are genuine lunatics!