• Sticking to 2 households + single person

11 36.67%
  • F**k em I'm doing what I want

2 6.67%
  • Not worth the risk, will skip it this year

17 56.67%

Thread: Are you going to see your non household family over Christmas

Are you going to see your non household family over Christmas

Who's following the guidelines/law, who's ignoring the guidelines/law and who's playing it safe and not seeing them?

Re: Are you going to see your non household family over Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Who's following the guidelines/law, who's ignoring the guidelines/law and who's playing it safe and not seeing them?
    I'll avoid visiting anyone as the possibility of killing them is not the ideal Christmas present.

Cant see the poll as I'm on my mobile but guidelines and laws are different (except in Wales I think) so its possible to ignore the guidelines but be within the law. Not seeing the family either is no guarantee of safety, as its peoples behaviour in the lead up to the relaxation that will go a long way to determine if people are safe to mix or not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Cant see the poll as I'm on my mobile but guidelines and laws are different (except in Wales I think) so its possible to ignore the guidelines but be within the law. Not seeing the family either is no guarantee of safety, as its peoples behaviour in the lead up to the relaxation that will go a long way to determine if people are safe to mix or not.
    So what's your answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    So what's your answer?
    My answer is to tell visitors theyll have to sit in the garden in the hope they wont come.

The 3 household rule always seemed odd to me in the first place. People have generally established bubbles with one other household, so to create what is effectively a temporary 3 hh bubble, an existing 2 hh bubble would have to be broken.

We are spending the day with my mother in her 70s lives on her own.
    To make it as safe as possible I’d decided to make last Friday the kids last day of school (my eldest ended up being decided by wag anyway, my youngest isn’t of an age where he legally has to attend but would have been up until yesterday). Eldest didn’t go to football training yesterday
    We work from home
    Deliveries etc we’re careful to distance, wash hands
    I have to make one trip to get her turkey as she insists on a fresh one, which I’m doing first thing on Saturday before the shop fills up.
    It still unfortunately is a risk, but in terms of someone elderly on their own at Xmas it will give her a boost I hope. She had already spent her birthday alone.

As above it’s the behaviours of everyone that counts above anything.

I guess the numbers of households mixing does make sense as a guidance, as the higher the numbers the less likely everyone within are to pull in the same direction

The 3 household rule always seemed odd to me in the first place. People have generally established bubbles with one other household, so to create what is effectively a temporary 3 hh bubble, an existing 2 hh bubble would have to be broken.
    Of course it would. The idea of the small relaxation in the rules is obviously to allow families (or at least some family members) to get together over Christmas. Not sure what's odd about that?

International

I'll avoid visiting anyone as the possibility of killing them is not the ideal Christmas present.
    With some families I have known and their familial relationships it might just present a never to be repeated opportunity!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Of course it would. The idea of the small relaxation in the rules is obviously to allow families (or at least some family members) to get together over Christmas. Not sure what's odd about that?
    If the rules were relaxed to allow 2 bubbles of 2 to create a temporary bubble of 4 , then on the 28th they would go back to their original 2 bubbles.
    Creating temporary bubbles of 3 would mean when the split bubble reforms there's a risk of spreading the virus to the other person in the split.

If the rules were relaxed to allow 2 bubbles of 2 to create a temporary bubble of 4 , then on the 28th they would go back to their original 2 bubbles. Creating temporary bubbles of 3 would mean when the split bubble reforms there's a risk of spreading the virus to the other person in the split.
    I literally have no idea what you're talking about, but the scary thing is you might be right....

I didn't think 'bubbles' were a factor. I thought the rules were regarding different households, plain and simple. But what do I know? As regards bubbles and the Christmas regulations, the answer is very little.

I literally have no idea what you're talking about, but the scary thing is you might be right....

I didn't think 'bubbles' were a factor. I thought the rules were regarding different households, plain and simple. But what do I know? As regards bubbles and the Christmas regulations, the answer is very little.
    Christmas 'baubles' perhaps

I have no idea either. Half the time I lose when I argue with myself and thats after I've changed mind.

We've deferred Christmas until an appropriate time next year. So, for the myself and the missus it will be quality not quantity over the festive period.

Seems to be so much debate and confusion over these rules when really it’s quite simple. If you are happy to risk killing elderly relatives, then visit them. If you don’t want to risk killing them, don’t visit.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    No
    The usual 12 will all stay in their homes.

Christmas 'baubles' perhaps
    ...on a family tree