+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City v Norwich team predictions

City v Norwich team predictions

Watched a bit if their game last night. Not exactly Barcelona but quick and skillful going forward with a defence that may be a bit vulnerable.
    Our defence will struggle against them and I am in favour of having both Ralls and Pack shielding. There is an argument to give both Nelson and Bennett a rest, but given the strength of the opposition the manager will probably stick to the same defence.
    If Wilson is able to influence the match like he did v Brum we will create chances so I am not overly pessimistic, just realistic that this is going to be tough.
    Smithies
    Bacuna
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett
    Ralls
    Pack
    Vaulks
    Wilson
    Glazel
    Ojo

Re: City v Norwich team predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Watched a bit if their game last night. Not exactly Barcelona but quick and skillful going forward with a defence that may be a bit vulnerable.
    Our defence will struggle against them and I am in favour of having both Ralls and Pack shielding. There is an argument to give both Nelson and Bennett a rest, but given the strength of the opposition the manager will probably stick to the same defence.
    If Wilson is able to influence the match like he did v Brum we will create chances so I am not overly pessimistic, just realistic that this is going to be tough.
    Smithies
    Bacuna
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett
    Ralls
    Pack
    Vaulks
    Wilson
    Glazel
    Ojo

I would play Cunningham on the left, to help out Bennett (no Ojo) and a longshot, would drop Vaulks, move Bacuna forward and play Benkovic at right back. But that's a longshot, as we ain't seen what the lad is capable of

Cunningham in for Bennett definitely
    Benkovic is a centre half, so the only option would be to put Nelson in at RB, to move Bacuna back into the middle with Ralls
    Hoilett or Murphy on the left for Ojo
    4 5 1 with the intention of stopping them
    A point would be a good result at Carrow road

Bennett is a much better player than Cunningham, what has Cunningham ever done for us that has convinced people that he's the answer?

Cunningham, Bagan either of them atm
    Not because they are better than Bennett, in my view he looks knackered

The game (was it his last?) where he picked up a head injury and a yellow straight after. He settled into that game very nicely afterwards and looked stronger as the game wore on.
    I think he's a better defender than Bennett.

Quote feature didn't work. I was responding to Rjk.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Bennett is a much better player than Cunningham, what has Cunningham ever done for us that has convinced people that he's the answer?
    But is a fatigued Bennett, who has had three below average games in a row, a better player than a rested Cunningham?

And even if Bennett is still better, how much better again will be having had a rest for the more winnable games against Brentford and Wycombe?

Prediction.

Not what id pick.
    Smithies Bacuna Morrison Nelson Cunningham Hoillet Vaulks Ralls Pack Wilson Glatzel.

If Hoillett isnt fit I think he will play Whyte.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    But is a fatigued Bennett, who has had three below average games in a row, a better player than a rested Cunningham?

And even if Bennett is still better, how much better again will be having had a rest for the more winnable games against Brentford and Wycombe?

Bennett needs help on the left, he didn’t get any from the player who played there Wednesday. People singling out Bennett, should look at why he is always under pressure.
    He’s a good full back

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Bennett needs help on the left, he didn’t get any from the player who played there Wednesday. People singling out Bennett, should look at why he is always under pressure.
    He’s a good full back
    He will probably need help on the left in this match - Norwich's right winger is one of the best players in the division if not the best.

And their right back is good as well

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He will probably need help on the left in this match - Norwich's right winger is one of the best players in the division if not the best.

And their right back is good as well
    Buendia and Pukki up top will be too good for our defence if it plays like it did Weds.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I would play Cunningham on the left, to help out Bennett (no Ojo) and a longshot, would drop Vaulks, move Bacuna forward and play Benkovic at right back. But that's a longshot, as we ain't seen what the lad is capable of
    Too many changes and I doubt Harris will go this way unless we have to get back in the game after conceding but not a bad shout this, though I'd have Cunningham in for Bennett.

I don't think many will be giving us a chance against NC.
    He's got to try Benk out some time and whilst he and Cunningham will have a tough task ahead of them, it will give some rest physically and mentally to Bennett and Ojo (who I happen to think has done well for us overall sorry BT ). Bacuna will add something more from MF too.

If NH did try this and it went tits up the knives would be out for him anyway.

I'll take a draw right now.

Our left flank has looked vulnerable last two games. I think they're both knackered so I'd bring in Bagan and Murph, though that doesn't fill me with confidence either. Ralls will come in for Vaulks. The other issue is what to do about the right wing, Whyte isn't up to scratch and moving Wilson back out there to accommodate Harris means we lose that quality in the key area.

We're down to the bare bones at the moment.

I’m not sure we have ever won there have we? It’s not a happy hunting ground is it

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I’m not sure we have ever won there have we? It’s not a happy hunting ground is it
    We've certainly won there twice.

2-1 with a Roger Johnson header many moons ago. I was there. We also won there in the last promotion season.

I really don't see the point of playing Cunningham. He's average, injury prone and leaving us in the summer.
    If we want to give Bennett a rest I'd actually prefer to give Bagan a run out - yes it's a bit of a baptism of fire but you don't get better playing against the Weston Super Mare's of this world

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    Our left flank has looked vulnerable last two games. I think they're both knackered so I'd bring in Bagan and Murph, though that doesn't fill me with confidence either. Ralls will come in for Vaulks. The other issue is what to do about the right wing, Whyte isn't up to scratch and moving Wilson back out there to accommodate Harris means we lose that quality in the key area.

We're down to the bare bones at the moment.
    Agree with you there, Wilson was more effective in the number 10 role on Wednesday. Even though his position is a winger he tends to get lost out there.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Can’t see Desmond getting a start!!