+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canelo v Smith

Canelo v Smith

This Sat/ Sun morning.
    Should be a cracker. No doubting Canelos pedigree, ability and chin, but i’ve admired Callum Smith since the first fight he had.
    Very cool, level headed boxer, with bundles of talent and potential.
    Fancy Smith to do it.

Re: Canelo v Smith

Canelo, body shots, he's as hard as granite. Smith can't win on points, it's not allowed against Canelo. I'd love Smith to win, sadly, i don't think that Smith will get a sniff.

Saw today on Twitter that it is available for £2 on DAZN.

Think that is the monthly cost of DAZN which includes this fight.

https://www.dazn.com/en-GB/l/sports/

Here you go.

Just realised you get GGG fight this Friday and Luke Campbell-Garcia next week also. All for £1.99.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    https://www.dazn.com/en-GB/l/sports/

Here you go.

Just realised you get GGG fight this Friday and Luke Campbell-Garcia next week also. All for £1.99.
    👍

Yeah tempted to get this.

I hope Smith wins as Canelo should have been given a long term ban.

You have Smith a big super middle against Canelo whose natural weight is probablya few weight divisions below but hes blown up to this weight.

Smith only just edged out a British level fighter in Ryder last time and a lot of people think Ryder should have got the decision. But the Matchroom Champ was never going to lose on points in a close fight.

Canelo is just vastly superior to anything Smith has shown.

Smith should be able to use his size and jab to avoid the worse punishment.

Canelo wide points win.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yeah tempted to get this.

I hope Smith wins as Canelo should have been given a long term ban.

You have Smith a big super middle against Canelo whose natural weight is probablya few weight divisions below but hes blown up to this weight.

Smith only just edged out a British level fighter in Ryder last time and a lot of people think Ryder should have got the decision. But the Matchroom Champ was never going to lose on points in a close fight.

Canelo is just vastly superior to anything Smith has shown.

Smith should be able to use his size and jab to avoid the worse punishment.

Canelo wide points win.
    Smith will have to stop Clenelo to get a decision, that's not going to happen, floyd schooled canelo and it was still a split decision, and i thought that ggg won the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Smith will have to stop Clenelo to get a decision, that's not going to happen, floyd schooled canelo and it was still a split decision, and i thought that ggg won the first fight.
    Yeah I think GGG won the first.

I decided to get DAZN and it wasn't much of a decision at £2 and it is great value.

It has an archive of fights from the last 30 years including both Canelo-GGG fights among others.

I am sounding like a DAZN salesman here but I am just astounded at the value you get given the latest Sky PPV offerings and the Loma-Lopez offering that was £9.99 on FITE.

Canelo stoppage via vicious body shots. Round 9/10.

Smith is rubbish, and hasn’t beat anyone of note.

The only decent name on his CV was Groves, who was finished by then and hadn’t fully got over his shoulder operation. But he decided to pad out his pension anyway.

Smith got beat last time out by a poor domestic British fighter, in Ryder. I say got beat, but as he’s a Eddie Hearn money maker with a super fight on the horizon, there was no way Ryder was allowed to win on the scorecards.

Anyone who knows boxing, could see Smith got beat.

Even Scousers who love Smith, were saying on social media, it was a disgrace.

For those into their boxing I would recommend a podcast called Boxing Life Stories by a bloke called Tris Dixon.

One of the better sporting podcasts I have listened to and available in the usual ways. He has also recorded a few of the latest ones and put them on YouTube. One of the recent ones is with Brian Schumacher who captained the GB Olympic Team in '84 then ended up doing 23 years in part for murdering his mother's partner. Highly recommended.

For those into their boxing I would recommend a podcast called Boxing Life Stories by a bloke called Tris Dixon.

One of the better sporting podcasts I have listened to and available in the usual ways. He has also recorded a few of the latest ones and put them on YouTube. One of the recent ones is with Brian Schumacher who captained the GB Olympic Team in '84 then ended up doing 23 years in part for murdering his mother's partner. Highly recommended.
    I got on that rolling Subscription with DAZN, thanks for the shout Lewj, £2 a month is great value

I got on that rolling Subscription with DAZN, thanks for the shout Lewj, £2 a month is great value
    £24 a year is nothing when compared to Sky's last PPV which was just shy of £26 for one night of fights in the Matchroom fighter's favour.

Just watched the one with George Groves.
    2hrs 46 mins and it flew by.

Very frank and fascinating. I’d highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Smith is rubbish, and hasn’t beat anyone of note.

The only decent name on his CV was Groves, who was finished by then and hadn’t fully got over his shoulder operation. But he decided to pad out his pension anyway.

Smith got beat last time out by a poor domestic British fighter, in Ryder. I say got beat, but as he’s a Eddie Hearn money maker with a super fight on the horizon, there was no way Ryder was allowed to win on the scorecards.

Anyone who knows boxing, could see Smith got beat.

Even Scousers who love Smith, were saying on social media, it was a disgrace.
    Read the1st sentence in your post, and that has kinda nullified any other opinion you have on this fight 😂

I like Smith but he lost his last fight (even though the record books say different) and so it’s going to have to be a hell of a turnaround in performance to beat Canelo

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I like Smith but he lost his last fight (even though the record books say different) and so it’s going to have to be a hell of a turnaround in performance to beat Canelo
    I was reading that Canelo and smith (Fighting at 168) will put on between 18-24 pounds from weigh in until first bell, **** me, that's incredible, especially for canelo, as he's only 5ft 8 and already at the 12st weight limit, could be entering the ring around 13st 10!

I was reading that Canelo and smith (Fighting at 168) will put on between 18-24 pounds from weigh in until first bell, **** me, that's incredible, especially for canelo, as he's only 5ft 8 and already at the 12st weight limit, could be entering the ring around 13st 10!
    I’ve always thought that was a nonsense rule myself. Being allowed to put that amount of weight on after the weigh-In. Makes a mockery of the weight classes.

Going off tangent my uncle was Welsh champion at bantam / feather weight and someone pulled out of one fight last minute so they said they had a replacement but he was a few pounds over so my uncle not wanting to let the promotor down said ok to the fight. Come fight night this French guy they put in with him was practically a middleweight 😂

He smashed my uncle for 2 rounds but then my uncle caught him and knocked him out cold. He could hit hard for a small man.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I’ve always thought that was a nonsense rule myself. Being allowed to put that amount of weight on after the weigh-In. Makes a mockery of the weight classes.

Going off tangent my uncle was Welsh champion at bantam weight and someone pulled out of one fight last minute so they said they had a replacement but he was a few pounds over so my uncle not wanting to let the promotor down said ok to the fight. Come fight night this French guy they put in with him was practically a middleweight ��

He smashed my uncle for 2 rounds but then my uncle caught him and knocked him out cold. He could hit hard for a small man.
    I think that the weigh in changed to the day before the fight because some fighters were going in so weak and dehydrated that it was a danger to their life. Look at Jonny Owen, that man just looked so ill. My grandfather did unlicensed boxing events according to my mother, he was tiny

I think that the weigh in changed to the day before the fight because some fighters were going in so weak and dehydrated that it was a danger to their life. Look at Jonny Owen, that man just looked so ill. My grandfather did unlicensed boxing events according to my mother, he was tiny

My father was main sparring partner for Jonny Owen. Very, very fit man. Tragic what happened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Read the1st sentence in your post, and that has kinda nullified any other opinion you have on this fight 😂
    Enlighten me, who has he beat of note other than a one armed, washed up Groves?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Enlighten me, who has he beat of note other than a one armed, washed up Groves?
    It was the “Smith is rubbish” bit that took my eye.
    Absolute nonsense.

Absolute nonsense.
    If Smith does go the distance and puts himself in a position where he looks like he could win on points, then he wont get a decision in his favour. Canelo is the PPV golden Goose, and that Goose aint getting cooked.

Absolute nonsense.
    Over hyped Hearn fighter.

I take it you didn’t see him get beat up by Ryder, a small journeyman British fighter.

Embarrassing, for someone Hearn and SKY try to tout as world class.