+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: FT:NORWICH CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT:NORWICH CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

I also reckon Wilson is a Tan vanity signing. Obviously Harris would be happy with that but I do genuinely think we targeted him because he’s Welsh and Liverpool are his parent club.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Go to bed Lewj you had enough internet for one day.

It was only the other day you were moaning yourself about them being involved in transfers and now you think it’s absurd that they could possibly bring someone in via an agents recommendation.

Or do you believe that all signings are diligently scouted by our wonderful transfer committee.?
    That is not what you said was it. You're backtracking again.

I do not think that they go and get random players and drop them into the squad without talking to Harris once, no.

I also reckon Wilson is a Tan vanity signing. Obviously Harris would be happy with that but I do genuinely think we targeted him because he’s Welsh and Liverpool are his parent club.
    Wilson too now.

What happened with Cala as he had no Welsh connection or did they lie and tell Tan he was born in Porthcawl?

What next? Kieffer Moore because Dalman liked his name?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    That is not what you said was it. You're backtracking again.

I do not think that they go and get random players and drop them into the squad without talking to Harris once, no.
    I said I don’t believe Benkovic was one of Harris signings and I stand by it.

What next? Kieffer Moore because Dalman liked his name?
    No he was one of Harrises it’s no secret he’s a big fan

Although, being Welsh striker would have appealed to Tan I’m sure.

Wilson too now.

What happened with Cala as he had no Welsh connection or did they lie and tell Tan he was born in Porthcawl?
    His father was from Ely

It is one thing speaking to an agent to see who is available and involving Harris in discussions on what we are looking for and what areas need strengthening. The agent isn't the bit that I think is hard to believe. Agents are involved in most signings.

It is the Dalman and Choo picking players, signing them and just putting them in Harris' squad part that I'm struggling with.

No he was one of Harrises it’s no secret he’s a big fan

Although, being Welsh striker would have appealed to Tan I’m sure.
    So Wilson and Benkovic.

Any more?

It is one thing speaking to an agent to see who is available and involving Harris in discussions on what we are looking for and what areas need strengthening. The agent isn't the bit that I think is hard to believe. Agents are involved in most signings.

It is the Dalman and Choo picking players, signing them and just putting them in Harris' squad part that I'm struggling with.
    What’s so hard to believe?

Dalman was selling or loaning out anyone we could get off the books.

Harris probably says if Flint leaves he will need replacing as cover. Dalman goes out and finds a cheap option last minute, probably on recommendation of an agent. Harris not happy with signing hence doesn’t play him.

It was all last minute on deadline day wasn’t it? No time for proper diligence.

This isn’t exclusive to Cardiff City. If you ever watch the Sunderland Til I Die documentary on Netflix the scenario above really is not fantasy at all.

So Wilson and Benkovic.

Any more?
    I thought you’d had enough internet for one day.

What’s so hard to believe?

Dalman was selling or loaning out anyone we could get off the books.

Harris probably says if Flint leaves he will need replacing as cover. Dalman goes out and finds a cheap option last minute, probably on recommendation of an agent. Harris not happy with signing hence doesn’t play him.

It was all last minute on deadline day wasn’t it? No time for proper diligence.

This isn’t exclusive to Cardiff City. If you ever watch the Sunderland Til I Die documentary on Netflix deadline day the scenario above really is not fantasy at all.
    So Harris does tell them he needs a player in a certain position now. That's progress. He didn't know anything just a few pages on this thread ago.

I have watched Sunderland Til I Die. Do you think the people trying to push transfers through had no discussions with the manager before targetting players? Just because it wasn't on screen does not mean they didn't agree on targets first and had a list of possibles.

So Harris does tell them he needs a player in a certain position now. That's progress. He didn't know anything just a few pages on this thread ago.

I have watched Sunderland Til I Die. Do you think the people trying to push transfers through had no discussions with the manager before targetting players? Just because it wasn't on screen does not mean they didn't agree on targets first and had a list of possibles.
    You clearly didn’t watch the deadline day episode if you think there was any method to the madness that unfolded.

Yeah I think you're right. The chief scout and Chief Exec don't speak to their manager at any stage and have no idea of who they want and just ring around a load of clubs to see who is available. The manager has no input at all.

If you believe that then god help you.

Re: NORWICH CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I don't think Bacuna is particularly effective with anyone else. He's not as good a passer as Pack and he's less creative than Ralls or Vaulks.

I think it highlights how underwhelming our centre midfield is when there's a clamour to get Bacuna back. He's not a player I would expect to move to another top half Championship club, but then I don't think any of our centre midfielders are, either, Ralls at a push.
    spot on Eric. Our midfield is poor at best. Has needed improving for a long time. I would not enjoy defending behind them.

2020-12-19-norwich-cardiff (1).jpg

xG from the match.

even though Norwich were clearly the better side, we could have had something out of that game

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    even though Norwich were clearly the better side, we could have had something out of that game
    I really can't understand why you are so keen on these charts. What do they add?

Anyone who watched the game could tell you that Norwich were comfortably the better side, but City had a few chances from set pieces and if they'd scored from any of those the outcome might have been different. Of course, had City scored at any point, Norwich might have moved out of what appeared to be cruise control.

City could have had something out of yesterday's game. Similarly, they could have had something out of the Swansea game if Bennett had been sent off and they could have been beaten by both Stoke if Vokes had scored that penalty and Birmingham if they had taken more of their chances. None of those things happened, though.

If they are buying players and then Harris is forced to have them in his squad then we've got one hell of a job on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I really can't understand why you are so keen on these charts. What do they add?

Anyone who watched the game could tell you that Norwich were comfortably the better side, but City had a few chances from set pieces and if they'd scored from any of those the outcome might have been different. Of course, had City scored at any point, Norwich might have moved out of what appeared to be cruise control.

City could have had something out of yesterday's game. Similarly, they could have had something out of the Swansea game if Bennett had been sent off and they could have been beaten by both Stoke if Vokes had scored that penalty and Birmingham if they had taken more of their chances. None of those things happened, though.
    jeez, let people enjoy things will you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    jeez, let people enjoy things will you.

Sorry, don't mind me. If those graphs give you pleasure, you can post away to your heart's content as far as I'm concerned. In fact, I'd positively encourage it. We need all the enjoyment we can get in these troubled times.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Quite.

Almost as if.....they are being used to try and disprove something.... :-?