+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: FT:NORWICH CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: NORWICH CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

I'm shocked that playing Joe Ralls as a number 10 didn't work out for us today.

Not.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I'm shocked that playing Joe Ralls as a number 10 didn't work out for us today.

Not.
    It never does.

StT.
    <><

Can’t create anything in open play

If only Morrison had a GPS system fitted in his head.
    He gets his head to it on a regular basis but where it goes is anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What are you talking about? The defence is way to deep, that's why they've had so many chances, the tactics you're endorsing. Closing space in midfield is hardly revolutionary.
    You want the defence to play higher which they were are start of the 2nd half and we conceded chance after chance. You can’t allow a team like Norwich space to run into.
    There was very little space between the 2 lines for that second just everyone ball watching and no-one taking responsibility for Cantwell.

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter which tactic we employed they got much better players and apart from Pukki they were bang on it today.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You want the defence to play higher which they were are start of the 2nd half and we conceded chance after chance. You can’t allow a team like Norwich space to run into.
    There was very little space between the 2 lines for that second just everyone ball watching and no-one taking responsibility for Cantwell.

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter which tactic we employed they got much better players and apart from Pukki they were bang on it today.
    Fair play Harts, i don't know what game you're watching, our defence hasn't moved. Cantwell moved into the space between the midfield and defence, checked his watch, had a drag on his cigar, scratched his arse then decided to get his shot off. If our defenders had been yards advanced he wouldn't have even had the chance to turn with the ball. It doesn't matter about the 'two lines' if the defence pushes then so does the midfield. Agree about them having better players and we'd have lost anyway, it's how you lose though.

Fair play Harts, i don't know what game you're watching, our defence hasn't moved. Cantwell moved into the space between the midfield and defence, checked his watch, had a drag on his cigar, scratched his arse then decided to get his shot off. If our defenders had been yards advanced he wouldn't have even had the chance to turn with the ball. It doesn't matter about the 'two lines' if the defence pushes then so does the midfield. Agree about them having better players and we'd have lost anyway, it's how you lose though.

To be fair, Cantwell’s goal was 25 minutes into the second half, their early second half chances were created by breaking away from our defence who’d pushed up.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    To be fair, Cantwell’s goal was 25 minutes into the second half, their early second half chances were created by breaking away from our defence who’d pushed up.
    They broke through the midfield, where there was way to much space.

Just bring on one of the youngsters, they've come all the way to Norwich

I'll try to pick the positives out of the games from now on because questioning players or Harris seems to be viewed as anti City in some quarters.

Today I think we can take away positives from the few set pieces that Morrison was unlucky not to get at least one and Cunningham looks more solid than Bennett.

Weve really missed Moore today. Weve caused them enough problems with Morrison.

Will Osei-Tutu be fit again after Christmas? We really need Bacuna back in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Will Osei-Tutu be fit again after Christmas? We really need Bacuna back in midfield.
    Very much hope so. Ralls and Vaulks are not effective.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Very much hope so. Ralls and Vaulks are not effective.
    I don't think Bacuna is particularly effective with anyone else. He's not as good a passer as Pack and he's less creative than Ralls or Vaulks.

I think it highlights how underwhelming our centre midfield is when there's a clamour to get Bacuna back. He's not a player I would expect to move to another top half Championship club, but then I don't think any of our centre midfielders are, either, Ralls at a push.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I don't think Bacuna is particularly effective with anyone else. He's not as good a passer as Pack and he's less creative than Ralls or Vaulks.

I think it highlights how underwhelming our centre midfield is when there's a clamour to get Bacuna back. He's not a player I would expect to move to another top half Championship club, but then I don't think any of our centre midfielders are, either, Ralls at a push.
    spot on Eric. Our midfield is poor at best. Has needed improving for a long time. I would not enjoy defending behind them.

FT 2-0

Re: FT:NORWICH CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Better team won.

We werent disgraced.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Better team won.

We werent disgraced.
    Sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Better team won.

We werent disgraced.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Sums it up.
    True, but we COULD have scored a couple...
    then again, Naarritch COULD have scored 5 or 6.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    True, but we COULD have scored a couple...
    then again, Naarritch COULD have scored 5 or 6.
    I think the xG will be fairly close for that game.
    we lost to a good team but we were compatitive

So we weren’t further forward in defence at the start of the 2nd half and until Pack went off? Ok mate. You just have the same optician as Stevie Wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I'll try to pick the positives out of the games from now on because questioning players or Harris seems to be viewed as anti City in some quarters.

Today I think we can take away positives from the few set pieces that Morrison was unlucky not to get at least one and Cunningham looks more solid than Bennett.
    It's okay, apparently the rule on here is you cannot criticise any aspect after a WIN.
    And you dare not suggest that Cunningham looks a better defender than Bennett. Bennett is just 'a bit jaded' after all his sterling efforts of his recent defensive duties.

You can debate until the proverbial cows come home but City were just outclassed - just as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    You can debate until the proverbial cows come home but City were just outclassed - just as simple as that.
    They're better than us, that much is obvious. I wouldn't say we were outclassed though. We weren't set up right. The defence weren't disciplined, Glatzel barely showed up and Harris brought Hoilett on too early. They didn't beat us at a canter though. With a bit of luck and a bit more tactical nouse we could have got a point today.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    It's okay, apparently the rule on here is you cannot criticise any aspect after a WIN.
    And you dare not suggest that Cunningham looks a better defender than Bennett. Bennett is just 'a bit jaded' after all his sterling efforts of his recent defensive duties.
    He's been a bit jaded for a few seasons then.