+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: FT:NORWICH CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT:NORWICH CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It's the space that they're allowed to play in and move into, that's the problem. If it's restricted then it becomes more difficult, if they navigate it the good on them. We gave them that.

We picked up 4 yellows to their none.
    They are raving over Buendia on Sky. Insult to injury.

Re: NORWICH CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You’re taking a hell of risk if your defenders are pushing up so far as to be in their half
    Halfway line, and then react to the play, adjust accordingly, you don't leave 10 yards of space for a team to play in, like we witnessed today.

It didn’t matter what we tried they were simply too good. We press they play around us, we push up they run in behind us, we sit deep they played intricate stuff between the lines.

They simply have better players. Nothing to be ashamed of. We won’t face that quality every week.
    Yeah, they are better, much better. Why give them space to play in if they're more technical. Practise game for Norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Very much hope so. Ralls and Vaulks are not effective.
    I don't think Bacuna is particularly effective with anyone else. He's not as good a passer as Pack and he's less creative than Ralls or Vaulks.

I think it highlights how underwhelming our centre midfield is when there's a clamour to get Bacuna back. He's not a player I would expect to move to another top half Championship club, but then I don't think any of our centre midfielders are, either, Ralls at a push.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    To be fair, Cantwell’s goal was 25 minutes into the second half, their early second half chances were created by breaking away from our defence who’d pushed up.
    They broke through the midfield, where there was way to much space.

Correct. He’s too stubborn to admit it.
    Nah, you just don't have an answer

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I don't think Bacuna is particularly effective with anyone else. He's not as good a passer as Pack and he's less creative than Ralls or Vaulks.

I think it highlights how underwhelming our centre midfield is when there's a clamour to get Bacuna back. He's not a player I would expect to move to another top half Championship club, but then I don't think any of our centre midfielders are, either, Ralls at a push.
    How can anyone be less creative than Ralls or Vaulks?

It could have been worse, but they're a good side, and we were well beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Will Osei-Tutu be fit again after Christmas? We really need Bacuna back in midfield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

I'm sticking my neck out here Eric, especially as you will no doubt have the stats to back you up, but Vaulks and Ralls I would say create very little chances between them.
    I would have them in the "dogged midfielder" bracket, but not that effective, especially closing down and shot stopping as we've seen over the last few weeks.

I do feel for Bacuna as the chances he's had in MF he's done well and been a victim of poor recruitment regarding the right back position.

These are the type of team we need to look even close to matching if we have any aspirations of promotion.

They will not have many easier games than that this season. They passed through us and around us at will and it could and should have been more.

Even with the recent run we look destined to be a mid table team. We do alright against your physical teams with our style, your Birmingham's of this world, but ultimately come up short against teams that play a passing, quick style. It is alright if mid table is your main aim but we're not good enough to trouble the top teams enough to get promoted if we're being honest with ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Better team won.

We werent disgraced.
    Sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    These are the type of team we need to look even close to matching if we have any aspirations of promotion.

They will not have many easier games than that this season. They passed through us and around us at will and it could and should have been more.

Even with the recent run we look destined to be a mid table team. We do alright against your physical teams with our style, your Birmingham's of this world, but ultimately come up short against teams that play a passing, quick style. It is alright if mid table is your main aim but we're not good enough to trouble the top teams enough to get promoted if we're being honest with ourselves.
    The rest of the division is a lot closer to the Birmingham’s of this division rather than the Norwiches.

As the commentator said Norwich are after autos, realistically we are chasing play-offs. Probably 5th or 6th. We will win some, we will lose some such is the nature of the division. On paper that’s probably the most difficult game of the season.

No need for a melt down losing to a quality Norwich side. Another tough game on Boxing Day and then a run of fixtures we should be looking at picking up a few wins.

Bloooobirds

That’s the spirit- I agree JRH.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    How can anyone be less creative than Ralls or Vaulks?
    Have a look at our goals v Stoke.

The rest of the division is a lot closer to the Birmingham’s of this division rather than the Norwiches.

As the commentator said Norwich are after autos, realistically we are chasing play-offs. Probably 5th or 6th. We will win some, we will lose some such is the nature of the division. On paper that’s probably the most difficult game of the season.

No need for a melt down losing to a quality Norwich side. Another tough game on Boxing Day and then a run of fixtures we should be looking at picking up a few wins.

Bloooobirds
    Nobody is having a meltdown.

We finished fifth last season and added a better striker and what some describe as one of the best players in the Championship to our midfield.

If results go against us today then we will be 12th.
    For some even questioning our performances is seen as being anti City. I think it is anti City not questioning why we are 5 places below where we finished last season despite strengthening the squad and while being able to turn over the average teams with our bullying style but get turned over regularly by the better teams without a whimper.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    You can debate until the proverbial cows come home but City were just outclassed - just as simple as that.
    They're better than us, that much is obvious. I wouldn't say we were outclassed though. We weren't set up right. The defence weren't disciplined, Glatzel barely showed up and Harris brought Hoilett on too early. They didn't beat us at a canter though. With a bit of luck and a bit more tactical nouse we could have got a point today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Nah, you just don't have an answer
    No... he’s right. I’m not sure what game you were watching either.

We had no cover on either flank... Bacuna and Cunningham in particular were both too advanced AND too narrow. They literally needed on pass to a player in the middle of the park to draw one of those 2 even further out of position and then it was a simple knock into acres of space... they must have done it 4 or 5 times in about 10 minutes

We had literally no answer with the way we set up

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Better team won.

We werent disgraced.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Sums it up.
    True, but we COULD have scored a couple...
    then again, Naarritch COULD have scored 5 or 6.

Bloooobirds
    Well said. Without sounding like an arse licker you are the best poster on here by far when it comes to talking football

We finished fifth last season and added a better striker and what some describe as one of the best players in the Championship to our midfield.

For some even questioning our performances is seen as being anti City. I think it is anti City not questioning why we are 5 places below where we finished last season despite strengthening the squad and while being able to turn over the average teams with our bullying style but get turned over regularly by the better teams without a whimper.
    The season hasn’t finished yet you fool. Why compare last seasons finishing position with the current position when we are not even half way through the season? We were flirting around our current position for most of last season too and we punched above our weight to finish 5th, helped I’m no small part by Forest and Prestons complete capitulation post lockdown.

We had a big turnover of players in the summer, lost some key figures, taken the new players time to settle, no pre season, loads of players injured, squad isn’t covered in all areas because we are tightening our belt. There’s many,
    many factors not least it’s the championship and you have no divine right to win football matches. There’s much bigger clubs than us doing a lot worse. Look at Derby and Forest compared to last season.

They just put a stat up on Sky and since the October international break we are 6th in the division, 3 points behind 2nd place and Norwich are running away with it. So it shows after a slow start we are going in the right direction. 15 points out of last 21. It’s not all doom and gloom.

You’re just a miserable sod. I don’t know why you bother “supporting” Cardiff it clearly doesn’t make you happy. Couldnt even enjoy the recent good form. You’re at your most active on here after a defeat, barely seen after a win. If I was you I’d look for a new hobby. One that makes you happy.

No they aren't. They're far better than anyone else than anyone else in the division, except maybe Bournemouth (who we of course drew with)

We were beaten by the best side in the division, that doesn't make us mediocre.

Spot on. A very balanced and reasoned post based on fact.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'm sticking my neck out here Eric, especially as you will no doubt have the stats to back you up, but Vaulks and Ralls I would say create very little chances between them.
    I would have them in the "dogged midfielder" bracket, but not that effective, especially closing down and shot stopping as we've seen over the last few weeks.

I do feel for Bacuna as the chances he's had in MF he's done well and been a victim of poor recruitment regarding the right back position.
    Statistically he is no better than Vaulks or Ralls and is less influential in attack, in terms of passing, chances created and shots. Of course, stats don't always tell the whole picture.

I still think that Bacuna doesn't offer any great improvement. Harris must think the same or he'd consider someone different at right back. For us to move away from a long ball game, I reckon that we need a radical overhaul in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Well said. Without sounding like an arse licker you are the best poster on here by far when it comes to talking football
    That is the funniest post that I have read in ages! Lol

We all have opinions which is why football is such a great sport but this is hilarious.