+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: FT:NORWICH CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT:NORWICH CITY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Statistically he is no better than Vaulks or Ralls and is less influential in attack, in terms of passing, chances created and shots. Of course, stats don't always tell the whole picture.

I still think that Bacuna doesn't offer any great improvement. Harris must think the same or he'd consider someone different at right back. For us to move away from a long ball game, I reckon that we need a radical overhaul in midfield.
    I don't recall Bacuna being particularly brilliant in midfield

The real problem is Harris' insistence that Ralls can play as a 10, Ralls is far better when he plays deeper and we have a great 10 in Harry Wilson being wasted out wide

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Spot on. A very balanced and reasoned post based on fact.
    I wondered when you’d crawl out from under your rock. I knew it wouldn’t be long after a defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    No they aren't. They're far better than anyone else than anyone else in the division, except maybe Bournemouth (who we of course drew with)

We were beaten by the best side in the division, that doesn't make us mediocre.
    Anyone who has watched us knows that we are mediocre. Not terrible (although we play terrible football) but mid table is exactly what we are (see the games against Norwich, Swansea, Bournemouth)

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I wondered when you’d crawl out from under your rock.
    Facts are quite telling and those who don’t like to face them often embarrass themselves.

Anyone who has watched us knows that we are mediocre. Not terrible (although we play terrible football) but mid table is exactly what we are (see the games against Norwich, Swansea, Bournemouth)
    And he leaves out Watford.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    And he leaves out Watford.
    Doesn't fit their ridiculous narrative. We also played pretty well against Bournemouth so its strange he's put them in.

I don't think any of us are arguing we're an incredible side, but we clearly aren't mediocre

Facts are quite telling and those who don’t like to face them often embarrass themselves.
    You are correct. The fact you are nowhere to be seen after a victory but straight on here after a defeat is very telling.

Bobby the Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Well said. Without sounding like an arse licker you are the best poster on here by far when it comes to talking football
    Thank you kind sir. I’d argue Tuerto is a worthy challenger to that accolade but he’s had a Weston super on this thread.

The season hasn’t finished yet you fool. Why compare last seasons finishing position with the current position when we are not even half way through the season? We were flirting around our current position for most of last season too and we punched above our weight to finish 5th, helped I’m no small part by Forest and Prestons complete capitulation post lockdown.

We had a big turnover of players in the summer, lost some key figures, taken the new players time to settle, no pre season, loads of players injured, squad isn’t covered in all areas because we are tightening our belt. There’s many,
    many factors not least it’s the championship and you have no divine right to win football matches. There’s much bigger clubs than us doing a lot worse. Look at Derby and Forest compared to last season.

They just put a stat up on Sky and since the October international break we are 6th in the division, 3 points behind 2nd place and Norwich are running away with it. So it shows after a slow start we are going in the right direction. 15 points out of last 21. It’s not all doom and gloom.

You’re just a miserable sod. I don’t know why you bother “supporting” Cardiff it clearly doesn’t make you happy. Couldnt even enjoy the recent good form. You’re at your most active on here after a defeat, barely seen after a win. If I was you I’d look for a new hobby. One that makes you happy.
    Sadly for City teams don't get promoted in a mini league hand picked to show their most successful two months.
    If you had a league for the two months prior to that then we would be bottom half.

You seem to be happy with the direction we're going and can see plenty that I can't. I see a mid table team who may surpass expectation but ultimately have little chance of going up through the play offs or otherwise.

Thanks for your concern for my happiness. I am very happy in most aspects of life. One of the most frustrating areas and what ultimately affects that happiness is watching the City especially overseen by a manager that can only play one way.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I don't recall Bacuna being particularly brilliant in midfield

The real problem is Harris' insistence that Ralls can play as a 10, Ralls is far better when he plays deeper and we have a great 10 in Harry Wilson being wasted out wide
    I think you become a better player when your not in the team or in this case not in your best position.

Bacuna is a good championship midfielder and we arent suddenly going to be a passing side with him there.

Our best combination as a 2 is Ralls and Bacuna though.

Ralls is not a 10.

What I dont know is whether wed be better with someone else as a makeshift right back. I trust the managers judgement that there isnt.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    No... he’s right. I’m not sure what game you were watching either.

We had no cover on either flank... Bacuna and Cunningham in particular were both too advanced AND too narrow. They literally needed on pass to a player in the middle of the park to draw one of those 2 even further out of position and then it was a simple knock into acres of space... they must have done it 4 or 5 times in about 10 minutes

We had literally no answer with the way we set up
    We decided to sit deep, a bit more than normal. If you do that against teams that play then they'll punish you, if you give good players space to play in then it means trouble. It's that simple. Our tactics were based on defending deep and getting something from a set piece, that was the entirety of the 90 minutes. In my opinion that's not what we should've done. Norwich had loads of space to move into, that's right up their street. We don't have to be good on the ball to squeeze the space and force errors. I still don't think that we'd have got anything, although it would've meant that we showed some endeavour, a will to trouble Norwich and make the work for their win. We did none of that. If you're happy to lose like that then that's your business. i'm not.

Cardiff manager Neil Harris:

"To me it looked like a game too far for us. We looked leggy, we looked laboured at times and we made errors we don't usually make.

"When you play against good teams you can't give them opportunities like we did. I can't fault the players' effort.

"The goals summed us up - we got split in midfield, half a yard off all over the pitch, and when you give players like they've got an opportunity, even from 25 yards, they find the bottom corners. They're Premier League players.

"As much as we weren't at our levels, I think they showed their class and it's something for us to aspire to, that quality. They're top for a reason."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55283942

Thank you kind sir. I’d argue Tuerto is a worthy challenger to that accolade but he’s had a Weston super on this thread.
    Kicked your arse butt..........

Just really surprised he tried Ralls at 10 again. I thought the first half at QPR showed once and for all that he cannot affect the game in there. Wilson was MOTM on Wednesday playing in that position. It doesn't make any sense to revert to something that we already know doesn't work in favour of something that's recently been affactive... That's my only gripe. Norwich are were better all over the park & deservedly won the match.

JR, would you be happy and think we have done well if we finish the season 10th?

Genuine question.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    JR, would you be happy and think we have done well if we finish the season 10th?

Genuine question.
    Depends how many points from play offs and finishing 10th. If we flirt around the play offs and take the season to the death,which I think we will, then yes I’ll accept 10th. The problem with people like you is you want a change of style (so do I by the way), you want to play the youngsters, you want promotion, you want it all. It’s not going to happen overnight with this squad of players.

I’m happy Colin has gone and happy to accept it could be a few seasons before we are proper contenders again.

I’m happy to accept that we are in transition and evolving. Could the football be better? Yes. Is it as bad as we saw under Colin? Not a chance.

It’s going to take a few transfer windows to sort out. Any reasonable person should see that.

Do I wish we could play like Norwich? Absolutely. Do I think Falke could get us playing like that with the tools Harris has to work with? No fecking way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Kicked your arse butt..........
    Not this time pal.

Not this time pal.
    Well, i suppose it's about expectations and what we want from our team. I expected more in terms of pressing them and limiting the space, you see it a different way, i respect that. It's about opinions. Norwich are a very good outfit at this level, i just think that we made it easier for them.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

"To me it looked like a game too far for us. We looked leggy, we looked laboured at times and we made errors we don't usually make.

"When you play against good teams you can't give them opportunities like we did. I can't fault the players' effort.

"The goals summed us up - we got split in midfield, half a yard off all over the pitch, and when you give players like they've got an opportunity, even from 25 yards, they find the bottom corners. They're Premier League players.

"As much as we weren't at our levels, I think they showed their class and it's something for us to aspire to, that quality. They're top for a reason."

Refreshing honesty. I like that.

Colin would be bemoaning the ref who was very lenient to their persistent fouling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Well, i suppose it's about expectations and what we want from our team. I expected more in terms of pressing them and limiting the space, you see it a different way, i respect that. It's about opinions. Norwich are a very good outfit at this level, i just think that we made it easier for them.
    The way I see it we didn’t have the answer. Whatever we tried they had a solution. Very good side, I’d kill to watch football like that down here.

Depends how many points from play offs and finishing 10th. If we flirt around the play offs and take the season to the death,which I think we will, then yes I’ll accept 10th. The problem with people like you is you want a change of style (so do I by the way), you want to play the youngsters, you want promotion, you want it all. It’s not going to happen overnight with this squad of players.

I’m happy Colin has gone and happy to accept it could be a few seasons before we are proper contenders again.

I’m happy to accept that we are in transition and evolving. Could the football be better? Yes. Is it as bad as we saw under Colin? Not a chance.

It’s going to take a few transfer windows to sort out. Any reasonable person should see that.
    That would be all well and good if we hadn't gone out and replaced Warnock with the manager that played most Warnock like.

10th and building something I would be fine with. 10th and playing a less successful style of Warnock ball and being told that something is being built when it isn't is something else.

People like yourself would dress up a relegation as a chance to regroup and go again. It takes different mentalities and viewpoints to create a successful message board like this one though.

What I will say about transition under Harris is ask the Millwall fans who saw him do it to them. I think he has one way of playing and that is that. For me it won't achieve success in this league. You see something that I can't evidently. The biggest worry for me, especially recently, is him seeing us be passive against other teams and failing to address or change it up when most of this message board could see it wasn't working. Two in the middle against the Jacks. Being passed around and through today being a few examples.

The aim is promotion. You think he will achieve it if given time. I can't see it happening under him. We will see who is right.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

So Harris has given himself and the team a pass. That's generous of him.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    That would be all well and good if we hadn't gone out and replaced Warnock with the manager that played most Warnock like.

10th and building something I would be fine with. 10th and playing a less successful style of Warnock ball and being told that something is being built when it isn't is something else.

People like yourself would dress up a relegation as a chance to regroup and go again. It takes different mentalities and viewpoints to create a successful message board like this one though.

What I will say about transition under Harris is ask the Millwall fans who saw him do it to them. I think he has one way of playing and that is that. For me it won't achieve success in this league. You see something that I can't evidently. The biggest worry for me, especially recently, is him seeing us be passive against other teams and failing to address or change it up when most of this message board could see it wasn't working. Two in the middle against the Jacks. Being passed around and through today being a few examples.

The aim is promotion. You think he will achieve it if given time. I can't see it happening under him. We will see who is right.
    Groundhog Day

Heard it all before.

Go and stick pins in your Neil Harris Voodoo doll Ive had my fill of you for one day.

Groundhog Day
    You could say the same about your constant refusal to see his all too clear failings.

As I say we will see who is ultimately right. There is a very clear difference here between success and failure in giving Harris the chance. The board want promotion. If he doesn't get that then he will have failed. In the eyes of the board, at this time they will view this as a failure as they wanted top six.

Me posting here achieves nothing. Butting heads achieves nothing. If we get promoted I will say that I am wrong. If we ultimately fail and not move from plan A though I will say that I told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Decent effort. Norwich are a very good side going forward, lots of clever movement and their forwards find space. They're top for a reason. It highlights a lack of quality for us in attack - they look inventive, we look a little predictable. It works against lots of sides in this division, just it looks laboured and uninventive against the best.

Far better effort than last Saturday despite the result
    It works against the average and mediocre teams of this division. We struggle against the good ones.