+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why oh why did we bother to sign Harry Wilson?

Why oh why did we bother to sign Harry Wilson?

Neil Harris is making him look like a mug!

Our tactics coupled with playing him out wide mean that the only effect he can have on the game is the occasional free kick.

What a complete waste of a talent.

Re: Why oh why did we bother to sign Harry Wilson?

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post

Our tactics coupled with playing him out wide mean that the only effect he can have on the game is the occasional free kick.

I thought he was a winger? Don’t they usually play out wide? Also, doesn’t the player himself have a responsibility to get involved in games?

Wasn't he a winger, and not a 10 ??

From Weeds :
    Rumours have begun to circulate recently that Leeds are interested in signing Liverpool’s Harry Wilson and believe they can get him for a fee of around £15 million.

He is a player that Victor Orta has been interested*in for some time and he reportedly impressed Marcelo Bielsa a lot during his period at Derby. In light of this, this scout report will attempt to break down his attributes and how he would fit in at Leeds United.

What would his position be?

For Leeds fans, these rumours have brought up a question. The Welshman has played on the right-wing for the vast majority of his career in senior football, so: why do Leeds want Wilson when they’ve just made Helder Costa a permanent signing? Don’t they play the same position?

Plays as a winger for Wales too or at least on the flanks

for us he would slot in perfectly at 10 but lets make no mistakes that's not where he's played for the majority of his career from what I've seen

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I thought he was a winger? Don’t they usually play out wide? Also, doesn’t the player himself have a responsibility to get involved in games?
    Derby & Bournemouth played him more as a 'tuck-in' winger as opposed to one that hogs the touchline. I do agree that he has a responsibility to get involved but it doesn't help that our midfield, whether it be Ralls, Vaulks, Bacuna or Pack always look to play the ball out to the full back.

Ojo & Wilson are completely starved of any decent ball in space.

I find Swansea's style quite boring on the eye but there is little doubt that Wilson would thrive in their set up.

Exactly. He was completely wasted in a defensive position.

When Harris gets the chop why don’t you apply for the vacant position, I’m sure you could show the board and Tan how things should be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    When Harris gets the chop why don’t you apply for the vacant position, I’m sure you could show the board and Tan how things should be done.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. I've no idea what it has to do with Harry Wilson or why you've chosen to make such a remark, but thanks all the same.

Ah no you see everything bad at Cardiff City is the fault of Neil Harris whilst everything good is down to the players

I can't see what's in it for him or for Liverpool. There's not even that much in it for Cardiff City. He's a good player, but he's not exactly a difference-maker for us. As much as it pains me to say it, he probably would have been better off with Swansea.

It's Harry Wilson you're talking about? Bournemouth, Derby, Liverpool reserves' Harry Wilson?

He's good, he will be a decent prem player but we shouldn't pretend he is so far above us. He himself should be able to influence the game more if he were.

[QUOTE=blueblade;5145419]Neil Harris is making him look like a mug!

What a complete waste of a talent.[/QUOTE

I’m not sure what his best position is. He is not a striker, not a midfielder so I guess he’s called a winger, but he isn’t.
    He’s a player who can occasionally score a goal, occasionally put in a good cross, occasionally deliver a set piece ball.
    Without the ball and somebody to pass to, he can’t do much.

[QUOTE=BLUEAWAY;5145555]

What a complete waste of a talent.[/QUOTE

I’m not sure what his best position is. He is not a striker, not a midfielder so I guess he’s called a winger, but he isn’t.
    He’s a player who can occasionally score a goal, occasionally put in a good cross, occasionally deliver a set piece ball.
    Without the ball and somebody to pass to, he can’t do much.
    Someone has to make up thier mind quickly where he plays, he's only with us for a year ,after that he will be winging his way elsewhere, maybe Westwards?

[QUOTE=life on mars;5145556]
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post

Someone has to make up thier mind quickly where he plays, he's only with us for a year ,after that he will be winging his way elsewhere, maybe Westwards?

Harry's done really well on his loans to Derby and Bournemouth, BUT by the time he finishes here he will be 24, going on 25.

Yes, he's most probably got a great contract at Liverpool, but he's not going to break into their team, anytime in the near future.

He should find himself a regular club, where he can put down some roots. Great talent for clubs and country, BUT he needs a home, to feel part of something

I don't think Wilson is all that. Is it the way he is played or is he just ordinary? Rumour has it that Leeds are after him for £15m. Is he really a £15m player? I don't think so.

If you can stretch your mind back a bit (I know that might be difficult), you might remember that we won the four games previous to Swansea and Wilson generally played well and was well involved in the games, both on the wing and more central, as were a number of others in the team. All this indicates that your comments may be incorrect and rather premature. A season lasts for forty six games, not one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I don't think Wilson is all that. Is it the way he is played or is he just ordinary? Rumour has it that Leeds are after him for £15m. Is he really a £15m player? I don't think so.
    He's a £15m player if Pogba is a £90m player.
    Just because somebody pays silly money it will always be up for debate whether they are worth it.

Harry Wilson could still have a big say in where we finish our season IMO.
    Opposition will be wary of him or double up allowing more freedom for others.
    He is a good player and will make others around him improve to become better players.

What price can you put on somebody who has influence or gets a few goals which help win you the league, save you from relegation or get you promotion?

Burnley offered 15m for him but Liverpool wanted 20m so he is worth at least £15m?

Harry has been underwhelming to date - hope he improves

I'm not his biggest fan.

Take his set pieces out of the equation and he isn't that great.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I'm not his biggest fan.

Take his set pieces out of the equation and he isn't that great.
    You aren't the biggest fan of anyone who has anything to do with City. He is one of the best players in the Championship by a country mile.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You aren't the biggest fan of anyone who has anything to do with City. He is one of the best players in the Championship by a country mile.
    Am I not? Mainly the board and who they choose to oversee footballing issues is my main gripe. You seem to think they are great. We'll agree to disagree.

I don't think Wilson is as good as many think he is.
    I also think he doesn't fit in with our style. He is too much of a footballer for that. Apologies if me commenting on that got your goat.

By being the last man in the door and probably with highest wages, Wilson is an example of a player who might not have been signed with greater focus on the base of the midfield.

There was a lot of excitement about the signing initially, rightly so given that he's a lower half premier league player who is too good for championship, but in hindsight a different choice might have been better. It would mean a greater reliance on Murphy and Whyte, probably Ralls spending more time as a 10 and I don't think we'd be a top 8/9 side without him, but finding that needed midfielder would have been good move for next year onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Am I not? Mainly the board and who they choose to oversee footballing issues is my main gripe. You seem to think they are great. We'll agree to disagree.

I don't think Wilson is as good as many think he is.
    I also think he doesn't fit in with our style. He is too much of a footballer for that. Apologies if me commenting on that got your goat.
    You have been moaning for months on end that we don't have any ‘footballers’ in the side and now that we have actually signed one you are moaning that we shouldn't have got him and he isn't very good anyway. I think you need to make up your mind what you want. My opinion is that you just like complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You have been moaning for months on end that we don't have any ‘footballers’ in the side and now that we have actually signed one you are moaning that we shouldn't have got him and he isn't very good anyway. I think you need to make up your mind what you want. My opinion is that you just like complaining.
    I'm in good company on here then aren't I.

You've posted twice on this thread and both having a grumble about me.

Actually you've posted three times. You had a dig at blue blade before me. You want to have a look about your own posts spreading positivity and sunshine before pointing the finger at anybody else.