+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Skint, On The Bones Of Your Arse....

Re: Skint, On The Bones Of Your Arse....

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    My thoughts exactly. The cost of the energy to prep the food and costs to source the cheap foods (travel) should be factored in. 15 quid for 7 days of food is also a challenge if you are to have a well-balanced healthy diet.
    Spedger
    I haven't factored it in because i'm presuming that the person or persons may have it covered, they may have other outgoings as well, they may live rurally, it wasn't really about that, it was about having fifteen notes in your bin to buy food for a week.

How much do people spend currently?

We spend about £120 pw for a family of 4.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    How much do people spend currently?

We spend about £120 pw for a family of 4.
    About the same. It's the visits during the week that aren't accounted for, £10 here and there, adds up. There are in my house. If we were disciplined and the missus and kids weren't so fussy, then my food bill could come right down. I'm a bit odd (as you know) in that i'll eat almost anything. My missus eats about three different things

My old man was a miner and during the strike four of us in the house survived on £30 a week...............
    Remember eating pancakes most days and not just on a Tuesday.....
    Also remember and hated on times (because I had to stay in) my grandparents coming round for Sunday dinner........
    Looking back its hard to believe that lasted a whole year.......