+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only one winner for me...

Only one winner for me...

The ginger bird from Eastenders Maisie...

There I've said it!

Re: Only one winner for me...

Booo. Fix!

I'm proud to say that, even though I know what you're talking about, I've never watched an episode of that shite!

Good for you bobh.

Easy Saturday night viewing and real people competing that has kept many people sane in these turbulent times.

One question, how can one know it's shite when they've never watched an episode?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Good for you bobh.

Easy Saturday night viewing and real people competing that has kept many people sane in these turbulent times.

One question, how can one know it's shite when they've never watched an episode?
    seen scraps of it by accident

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    seen scraps of it by accident
    Post was a bit tongue in cheek if I'm honest and I'd only watched bits over the years myself but the misus loves it.
    Didnt fancy Newcastle v Fulham so I sat and watched the lot to see what all the fuss was about.

Better than decent viewing IMHO, and a nice change from the football.

Edit:
    BTW, I think you can get it on catchup

I'm barely a casual observer of Strictly, even though Mrs HaB watches it religiously. I'm a fan of Bill Bailey so kept a bit of interest in it this series. Surprised how well he did initially, but never thought he could win it. I don't think he deserved it, but by all accounts, the public voted for him in droves throughout. Maisie deserved more support but the public didn't get behind her.

It was a live show tonight and it was noticeable how everyone got very emotional, no doubt eccentuated by the tier announcements for Christmas today from our glorious leaders.

Regarding the dancers themselves, my missus reckons the standard was better than all previous shows. Though her judgement may well have been affected by her emotions.

It was a popularity contest not a dancing one as the worst dancer won.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    It was a popularity contest not a dancing one as the worst dancer won.
    Most "reality" shows are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Most "reality" shows are the same.
    True. But on this occasion Bill took dad dancing to a whole new level. He was good but was completely outshone by the others especially the "ginger bird" as one poster described her.

Harvey was easily the best dancer on a technical level, but he had a higher starting point.
    Bill has progressed the most. I'm glad he won.
    That 'Ginger Bird' was never going to win a popularity vote as 2 previous appearances in the bottom 2 showed.

Wasn't eastenders usually a depressing watch over Christmas, some dark storylines coming to a close.

Wonder if they have gone for a full on uplifting version this year

EDIT: Thread isn't even about eastenders. From the first few posts I was convinced it was.

Dreadful cringeworthy nonsense

Some of the Eastern European dancers are talented ladies mind

I watched it when Jill halfpenny and Stacey Dooley were performing for obvious reasons

But its flogging a dead horse now surely ?

That Claudia winkleman gets on my nerves

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

I watched it when Jill halfpenny and Stacey Dooley were performing for obvious reasons

The much awaited response and highly predictable.
    Agree on most, but not all, points.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

With that knowledge you obviously watch it week in week out 😁

I lost the Strictly bug a couple of years ago and haven't seen a show since. Too many changes to the judging panel and pro dancers for me.

Me and the missus went to two of their live roadshows and thoroughly enjoyed them but I have little or no interest in the show now. I like Bill Bailey so I'm glad he won.

Ever since I bought my first video recorder in the late seventies and was able to record Match of the Day, Saturday night television has not existed for me. For the first thirty five years or so after that I was always out on a Saturday night and, since I stopped drinking about six years ago and stay in now, all I watch is football or some other sport. As long as I was able to watch Doctor Who before going out, I was fine about missing what passes for Saturday night entertainment and that applies even more now with its endless stream of "talent" shows (I hated them when Hughie Green used to present them!) - suppose it's unfair of me to say Strictly is crap because I've never seen a minute of it, but I sometimes catch the first minute or two of that programme they have on weekday nights around teatime on BBC 2 and that's more than enough for me - why are people always so false in so called reality shows?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ever since I bought my first video recorder in the late seventies and was able to record Match of the Day, Saturday night television has not existed for me. For the first thirty five years or so after that I was always out on a Saturday night and, since I stopped drinking about six years ago and stay in now, all I watch is football or some other sport. As long as I was able to watch Doctor Who before going out, I was fine about missing what passes for Saturday night entertainment and that applies even more now with its endless stream of "talent" shows (I hated them when Hughie Green used to present them!) - suppose it's unfair of me to say Strictly is crap because I've never seen a minute of it, but I sometimes catch the first minute or two of that programme they have on weekday nights around teatime on BBC 2 and that's more than enough for me - why are people always so false in so called reality shows?
    People are false in reality shows partly because the TV programmes like to control the narrative for full effect. Someone who has a back story than can be exploited for emotive effect will often be given the limelight over someone equally talented. The viewer is being exploited but drawn into the created drama. Tis veritable pleb fodder.
    And there are those vacuous and talentless
    individuals who simply seek fame for fame's sake and the TV companies lap it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    People are false in reality shows partly because the TV programmes like to control the narrative for full effect. Someone who has a back story than can be exploited for emotive effect will often be given the limelight over someone equally talented. The viewer is being exploited but drawn into the created drama. Tis veritable pleb fodder.
    individuals who simply seek fame for fame's sake and the TV companies lap it up.
    Talking about back stories, a while ago, my sister in law was playing with her (old before her age, very precocious) 6 year old granddaughter. They were playing ‘X Factor’ and the granddaughter was the contestant, so they went through the usual questions.....Where are you from? ....Cardiff etc, then ‘Are your parents with you tonight?’...... They’re both dead, she replied. Oh, they said to her, you can’t say that, that’s an awful thing to say, to which she answered.....Shurrup, you gets more votes!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Talking about back stories, a while ago, my sister in law was playing with her (old before her age, very precocious) 6 year old granddaughter. They were playing ‘X Factor’ and the granddaughter was the contestant, so they went through the usual questions.....Where are you from? ....Cardiff etc, then ‘Are your parents with you tonight?’...... They’re both dead, she replied. Oh, they said to her, you can’t say that, that’s an awful thing to say, to which she answered.....Shurrup, you gets more votes!!!!!!!!
    Very astute!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Don't disagree with your first paragraph, but it was those that you talk about in your second paragraph that I had more in mind - those who are so obviously not being the person they usually are on what is laughingly called a reality show.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And I mean that most sincerely folks!

(Bob and the other er, more senior ones amongst you will recognise this)

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    And I mean that most sincerely folks!

(Bob and the other er, more senior ones amongst you will recognise this)
    Paula Yates's papa?