+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Hudson...

Mark Hudson...

Haven't listened to it yet. Hopefully some good and not so good stuff about us!

Re: Mark Hudson...

A proper leader of men. Loved Hudson.

Bloke was a god

Spoke to him once

Yeah, he seemed a very nice polite young man. Got a nice pic of him with my grandson before the pre-season friendly with Newcastle a few years ago, which we won 4-1.

The City stuff is from 44 minutes until 1hr 30. Dave jones doesn't come out of it that well, problems with fitness that Hudson equates towards the shocking form during November. Bellamy taking Super Kev's testimonial a bit seriously Bothroyd being a bit flash, Chops hiding from heavies, Whitts being Whitts and a really nice touch from OGS while Hudson was on the playing staff at Huddersfield and a half time chat in the tunnel at Old Trafford. And the rebrand, Hudson makes quite a bold statement that i didn't agree with.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    He talks about that as well

Used to be my favourite player, after Whitts obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    I presented the goal of the season award for that, only he wasn't at the dinner as his wife was running the London Marathon the following morning , so I presented it to Boggy on his behalf.

Forgot to add-Some very valid reasons for his poor form during his first season with us that he kept to himself. He went through a very bad time of it. Makes me respect the man even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Forgot to add-Some very valid reasons for his poor form during his first season with us that he kept to himself. He went through a very bad time of it. Makes me respect the man even more.
    That explains a lot as a few including me wasnt sure of him in those early games, certainly proved us wrong .

I seem to remember Mozza's early games weren't the most assured, with folk complaining about his rash tackles lack of pace and passing .

I think he and Hudson both proved us wrong , if I had to chose between them it would be Mozza.

Haven't listened to it yet. Hopefully some good and not so good stuff about us!
    Excellent stuff. Loads of good stuff, raises some questions about DJ's loose management. Great answer "fans would prefer Championship in blue over the Prem in red"

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Excellent stuff. Loads of good stuff, raises some questions about DJ's loose management. Great answer "fans would prefer Championship in blue over the Prem in red"
    Listened to it Des, enjoyed it, especially Bellamy bollocking Mcnaughton over the team line up for his testimonial sadly, i don't agree with his sentiments on the fans thoughts on going up in red. If fans were given the chance to decide then i think that they would've emphatically voted to go up in red if that was the trade off.

That was really worth listening to, thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    That was really worth listening to, thanks for posting.

Thanks for posting that Tuerto, just listened to it. Fascinating stuff about what used to happen in November under Dave Jones’ management- I can remember one thread on the subject on here where I traced his managerial career right back to his first year at Stockport and, almost without fail, his teams had a poor November.
    The reason for his poor form in his first season was certainly news to me - I can’t remember something like that even being hinted at at the time.

That was brilliant. Very rarely bother with podcasts and I'd planned to give this one ten minutes or so, but I ended up watching it all. Mark Hudson has always come across as a really decent person and I think this podcast only underlines that impression. Top man.

Listened to it Des, enjoyed it, especially Bellamy bollocking Mcnaughton over the team line up for his testimonial sadly, i don't agree with his sentiments on the fans thoughts on going up in red. If fans were given the chance to decide then i think that they would've emphatically voted to go up in red if that was the trade off.
    Great listening.
    But I agree with Hudson, I hated the red phase- We were the laughing stock of fans of other clubs when we went red.
    I wore blue all through the red phase, and like Huds said, we still supported the team despite protesting the red.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks for posting that Tuerto, just listened to it. Fascinating stuff about what used to happen in November under Dave Jones’ management- I can remember one thread on the subject on here where I traced his managerial career right back to his first year at Stockport and, almost without fail, his teams had a poor November.
    The reason for his poor form in his first season was certainly news to me - I can’t remember something like that even being hinted at at the time.
    The stuff about the Portugal pre season trip where training was effectively canceled for 6 nights out on the piss isn't clever. I'd guess that players start peaking around the november mark, but with games coming quickly, weather conditions changing, it seems like we were running out of steam very early on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That was brilliant. Very rarely bother with podcasts and I'd planned to give this one ten minutes or so, but I ended up watching it all. Mark Hudson has always come across as a really decent person and I think this podcast only underlines that impression. Top man.
    It's a decent podcast, some of it is the usual footballer shit, although loads of it is really funny and gives you an insight into what it was like for them throughout their career. Kevin Blackwell is universally despised by almost any ex player that comments on him. Check out the Andy Johnson episode, the bloke is radio rental.

The stuff about the Portugal pre season trip where training was effectively canceled for 6 nights out on the piss isn't clever. I'd guess that players start peaking around the november mark, but with games coming quickly, weather conditions changing, it seems like we were running out of steam very early on.
    Is that the same trip that Anthony Gerrard talked about when he was on the podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Is that the same trip that Anthony Gerrard talked about when he was on the podcast?
    i would've thought so,although didn't jones love his visits to Portugal, so they may have gone a few times.

The red was bollocks , a dreadful time in this clubs history

Loads of the feckers who bought season tickets for the Premier league when we went up were not cardiff city fans , they just wanted to see the big clubs

They have mostly fecked off now

It's a decent podcast, some of it is the usual footballer shit, although loads of it is really funny and gives you an insight into what it was like for them throughout their career. Kevin Blackwell is universally despised by almost any ex player that comments on him. Check out the Andy Johnson episode, the bloke is radio rental.
    Blackwell is on everyone's shit list and Andy Johnson has an absolute screw loose. I can't remember the Forest left back, he was absolutely bananas too

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    That was every preseason under DJ.