+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Hudson...

Re: Mark Hudson...

I really enjoy that podcast, there's nobody trying to be smart or over complicate anything, just a couple of average ex footballers and their mate. it's not overbearing.

Seems like a really good bloke. He was a great captain too.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Great listening.
    But I agree with Hudson, I hated the red phase- We were the laughing stock of fans of other clubs when we went red.
    I wore blue all through the red phase, and like Huds said, we still supported the team despite protesting the red.
    The fact that people would still choose to go up in red, knowing the shit show the first Premier League campaign was, makes me sick.

I don't want to bring back bad memories or argue again, because believe me I did a lot of that, but that was the beginning of the end for me. Realising some Cardiff fans would choose success over anything else was horrible to see.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Used to be my favourite player, after Whitts obviously.
    So he wasn’t your favourite player then? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    🤣🤣🤣

Mark Hudson or Sean Morrison?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Hudson just shades it for me but both cut from the same cloth. Both leaders of men and excellent Championship centre halfs.

Mark Morrison - Return of the (Centre) Back.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    The fact that people would still choose to go up in red, knowing the shit show the first Premier League campaign was, makes me sick.

I don't want to bring back bad memories or argue again, because believe me I did a lot of that, but that was the beginning of the end for me. Realising some Cardiff fans would choose success over anything else was horrible to see.
    Personal gain for some. No names mentioned but we know who they are.

The biggest red supporter of the lot doesn’t even watch Cardiff anymore apparently. Perhaps he’s boycotting until we go back to red.

Was looking forward to this one as a big fan of the podcast but Hudson was quite reserved for the most part I thought. Was hoping for a bit more insight into Vincent Tan, a few of the other players etc but didn't really come. Understandable really with trying to pursue a career in management, plus he seems a genuinely nice guy compared to some of the knobheads they occasionally have on there.

Could tell he wasn't a fan of Roger Johnson mind

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Was looking forward to this one as a big fan of the podcast but Hudson was quite reserved for the most part I thought. Was hoping for a bit more insight into Vincent Tan, a few of the other players etc but didn't really come. Understandable really with trying to pursue a career in management, plus he seems a genuinely nice guy compared to some of the knobheads they occasionally have on there.

Could tell he wasn't a fan of Roger Johnson mind
    Doesn't sound like Johnson has too my fans in the game. We got SO lucky with him. Paid peanuts, he developed into a great player for us, sold him for a massive profit. And then his impact on the game waned considerably. Makes a change.

Really enjoyed that.

Hudson came over really well.

As for players personally I prefer Morrison but we've had so many really high quality centre backs.

I think Roger just loved himself a bit much and sounded like a bit of a laddy lad which I assume isn't too rare in footballers.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Personal gain for some. No names mentioned but we know who they are.

The biggest red supporter of the lot doesn’t even watch Cardiff anymore apparently. Perhaps he’s boycotting until we go back to red.
    It did unearth some less than principaled individuals. I always stuck by mine as I know a good few on here did to.

As you said, personal gain was a big driver. Bastards

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I really enjoy that podcast, there's nobody trying to be smart or over complicate anything, just a couple of average ex footballers and their mate. it's not overbearing.
    Agreed, nothing forced or sensationalised. They've done really well, too.

Brilliant.

Met by Roger Johnson as Johnson was getting treatment before leaving for Birmingham ' youve got big boots to fill' 🤣🤣🤣

Johnson loved himself.

What would Jones squad have achieved if wed had a better manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Very good question, definitely underachieved.

Ended up watching the whole episode.
    What a top bloke!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Brilliant.

Met by Roger Johnson as Johnson was getting treatment before leaving for Birmingham ' youve got big boots to fill' 🤣🤣🤣

Johnson loved himself.

We wouldn't have got those players without Jones (or Ridsdale) but somehow who cracked the whip a bit might have helped! Let them get away with murder.

Arsene Wenger's given a lot of credit for modernising British football but it sounds like we were still running things as most clubs were pre-Wenger's arrival. Wenger of course came to Arsenal in 1996 whereas DJ came to Cardiff in 2005 - no wonder we fell short so often. It also helped us find and obtain all these mavericks with high ceilings of talent though and produced some amazing football, at times.

I listened to Anthony Gerrard's one afterwards as well, they have marked the youtube progress bar by subject matter so really easy to focus on CCFC matters, and Malky does not come out well at all. It's amazing to think how relatively successful we've been when we've been so far away from being well run. I wonder how mad things must have been at other clubs or whether you need a bit of "crazy gang" to be near the top of the championship?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    😂

Still Huds for me but it’s close

Undr the Cosh is one of the better podcasts out there.

They also do some clips of their trips abroad watching games on their YouTube channel. Very funny indeed. Dean Windass' was a particularly funny one.

If you want pure unadulterated buffoonery, then listen to this one. Andy Johnson is mental, seriously something wrong with him, i'd have never thought that looking at his demeanour on the pitch. Some of it is so wrong that you'll be pissing yourself laughing.

I thought it was an interesting counterpoint to the Anthony Gerrard one. Hudson didn't have a bad word to say about Malky, despite being left out the starting XI in the Premier League.

Just finished, that was quality. What a man.

I thought it was an interesting counterpoint to the Anthony Gerrard one. Hudson didn't have a bad word to say about Malky, despite being left out the starting XI in the Premier League.
    He didn't get treated badly by Mackay though, and definitely thought that Parky and Gerrard were looking back.