+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beatles Music Imortal Or Is It

Re: Beatles Music Imortal Or Is It

Another white bands matter thread.....Don't any of you lot listen to black music

The Beatles are right up there in the 6ts but so was Tamla Motown and Rock steady, No wonder Sludge suffers with dry dick syndrome with his choice of music.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Lots about today about the Beatles being wonderful, for me if I was to play track today from way back it would be Velvet Underground, Hendrix, Zeppelin Sabbath, Kinks, or Stones could never see me putting a Beatles track, thier sound just doing it for me .

It seems its like some romantic view with many they are the best ?
    I’m not sure how you define the sound of a band that across just a few years produced songs including Yesterday, Here, There and Everywhere, Blackbird etc. etc. along with Helter Skelter, I Want You (She’s So Heavy), Oh! Darling, Dear Prudence, Happiness Is A Warm Gun etc. etc. Pretty hard to pigeon hole for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Let me know if this gives you any "feelings".

Thanks for posting this... That’ll be a great watch I’m sure.
    Whether you like their music or not ... and I love it... there is just no doubt about their legacy....

The OP mentioned Black Sabbath🤣🤣🤣. I couldn’t name more than 2 members of that band. I’d bet that 90% of the people on Earth could name the 4 members of The Beatles

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Thanks for posting this... That’ll be a great watch I’m sure.
    Whether you like their music or not ... and I love it... there is just no doubt about their legacy....

The OP mentioned Black Sabbath������. I couldn’t name more than 2 members of that band. I’d bet that 90% of the people on Earth could name the 4 members of The Beatles
    I'd take that bet.
    90% of people in the anglosphere perhaps, go to rural China and I think you'd struggle

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'd take that bet.
    90% of people in the anglosphere perhaps, go to rural China and I think you'd struggle
    Post an update when you’re back.

I'd take that bet.
    John Rennon
    Paur McCartney
    Lingo Starr
    George Hallison

I'm not a particular fan but their influence is undeniable

I'd take that bet.
    I doubt even 90% of people in the UK would know them all. Around 15% of the population is aged under 20, around 16m people. If everybody aged 20 and over knew their names, around 60% of all youngsters under the age of 20 would need to know their names as well. If you include everyone aged between 11 and 20 as knowing who all the Beatles are, 20% of under 10s would also need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    John Rennon
    Paur McCartney
    Lingo Starr
    George Hallison
    Racist reported...............

Hard to think the Velvet Underground recorded their first album and very new sound in 1967 at the same time as Beatles released Sgt Pepper

For me, no one even comes close to rivalling their amazing catalogue, and with it becoming increasingly difficult to be original, I doubt if anyone ever will.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I doubt even 90% of people in the UK would know them all. Around 15% of the population is aged under 20, around 16m people. If everybody aged 20 and over knew their names, around 60% of all youngsters under the age of 20 would need to know their names as well. If you include everyone aged between 11 and 20 as knowing who all the Beatles are, 20% of under 10s would also need to know.
    You are one boring individual... Happy Christmas 🤣, although I bet a few people are glad that social distancing is in effect so they don’t get stuck in a corner chatting to you at a Xmas party

You are one boring individual... Happy Christmas 🤣
    I couldn't resist!

You are one boring individual... Happy Christmas ��
    Leave our stato alone, he's a god

I couldn't resist!
    At least you’re consistent 🤣🤣

Even less now as TBG has confused the issue.

https://youtu.be/Cy88Sxxce_4

If you can stand it long enough, "he's a singer not a dancer"

I think you must be dyslexic...he's a dog !

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I love heavy music , some of the beatles stuff is rocky as feck

Don't like early beatles , its teeny bop stuff but when they hit their stride they were staggering

The bass and stabbing riffs on taxman were immense and still sound fresh today
    I agree completely. Plus for me, as someone who spent over a decade in a a musician, they were a major factor in me picking up a guitar and starting to sing. Their songs were varied, had a breadth of style and difficulty for for me to keep dipping into their catalogue.

Even if you're not a fan of theirs you can't dispute the massive impact they had and still do. And lets not forget they were only together for 7 or 8 years!

Odd is the word I think you were after!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Racist reported...............
    I was waiting for that

I have had so many Oriental students and adults stay with me over the years and many of them have the problem with the 'l' and 'r' sounds. One Japanese lady told me that she goes to the temple every year and craps. For my part, I've been speaking German for 45 years and I still can't do the 'r' properly!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I was waiting for that

I have had so many Oriental students and adults stay with me over the years and many of them have the problem with the 'l' and 'r' sounds. One Japanese lady told me that she goes to the temple every year and craps. For my part, I've been speaking German for 45 years and I still can't do the 'r' properly!
    Can be a tad embarassing if you have problems with your rs.

I don't like the Beatles as I dont like either Lennon or Mcartneys voice at all. I find them nasally and annoying. But as a few have said, their legacy is unsurpassed.

However, whenever someone does a good cover of a Beatles track I usually like it. Perhaps that's testament to how good they were as songwriters.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Most bands have a few good albums in them at best, often launch with the best one. The Beatles albums seemed to get better the longer they went on which is quite unusual. Revolver, abbey rd, let it be....timeless from a very talented group of musicians.
    Never been particularly enamoured with the Beatles, but really the success of their records was largely down to the skills of their producer, arranger, composer, conductor and audio engineer George Martin. I guess pretty much anyone could have a hit or two with him pulling the strings.

Quote Originally Posted by ryder bluebird View Post
    Never been particularly enamoured with the Beatles, but really the success of their records was largely down to the skills of their producer, arranger, composer, conductor and audio engineer George Martin. I guess pretty much anyone could have a hit or two with him pulling the strings.
    Anyone? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by ryder bluebird View Post
    Oh please !! To dismiss the songwriting and creative skills of Lennon & McCartney in particular is quite ridiculous. Nobody has ever underestimated the importance of George Martin's input, which was enormous, but without the raw material to work with, there would not have been any hit records.