Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helens Law

Re: Helens Law

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    So you wouldn't like it then?
    No one would like it

So you are saying that you would be happy having a convicted paedophile move in next door to you, with your young children or grandchildren interacting with them?
    Can't imagine anyone throwing a party to celebrate, but as long as the assessment of risk has been done sufficiently well and appropriate procedures following release are put in place then what's the issue?

There isn't really a known alternative in a decent society. If you believe that those two elements are sufficiently flawed for there still to be high levels of concern then surely we should be talking about that part of the system rather than the environment of the prison they've come from?

We’ve gone off tangent a bit here. Helens law was introduced, to ensure convicted murderers who refuse to confess to authorities or the victims family what they did with body, will never be released from jail. This report clearly explains that the law has loopholes.

Rjk you have not answered the question just swerved it.......
    Would you be happy having a convicted paedophile move in next door to you?
    OK to answer the question, I would prefer not to live next door to a convicted paedophile, or indeed anyone convicted of a serious and horrible crime.
    However, if I had to choose between a former prisoner who went to a prison system that tries to reform and rehabilitate them, or one from a prison system that brutalises and further isolates from society then I would choose the former.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    WTF?!?!
    what? Perps are sometimes victims themselves. Ask sludge!!

So you are saying that you would be happy having a convicted paedophile move in next door to you, with your young children or grandchildren interacting with them?
    CONVICTION lol, Man do you even know anything about pedophilia or pedophiles and conviction rates? M0ther f0cker that shit is institutionalised, institutionalised!! EVERY institution... church, police, prison, teachers, scouts, TV, royal family, BUT, and most importantly YOUR family. Yeah man, we don't won't that boogeyman to live next door, but they are more than welcome for Christmas dinner.

Knee jerk sun reading cunxts use the stranger danger to nash their teeth and knee jerk to the beat. I'd rather have one known to me then the other 90% who aren't, aint that the truth eh?

Ah well. I came back up on deck to try to steer this thread back on course, but it’s like pissing into the wind. I’m back down below now for some mulled wine and mince pies.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Ah well. I came back up on deck to try to steer this thread back on course, but it’s like pissing into the wind. I’m back down below now for some mulled wine and mince pies.
    Oh no you didn't :xmasbiggrin:

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Kill everyone
    Twice