+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal in the championship next season ?

Arsenal in the championship next season ?

I just can’t see them in the Championship down here next season. Big Sam thinks they are in a relegation battle. I can’t see it myself. You feel sure that with what they’ve got and all they stand for, you really can’t see them fighting relegation with the likes of Fulham, West Brom and Sheffield Utd. What do others think ?

Re: Arsenal in the championship next season ?

They’re “too good to go down” !!!

Where have I heard that before ??

After Leicester never say never but I can't see them even being as low as they are now.

Big Sam is talking through his arse. If they don't pick up some points soon Arteta will be sacked and pretty much any other manager out there will be able to turn it around. No, they don't have the talent they used to, but they're in no danger of being relegated.

Just can’t see it myself, they’ve got too much for at least seven or eight other sides. Change of manager, January window and they’ll climb the table.

Shame the players don’t get sacked for such pathetic displays, clearly not playing for him anymore

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Shame the players don’t get sacked for such pathetic displays, clearly not playing for him anymore
    Can’t blame them tbh. His ramblings about percentages and probability’s make David Icke sound sensible.

Love it if they went down, but I can't see it happening.

International

It would be a big thing. I believe they are one of only 2 teams that have never been out of the top flight ever!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It would be a big thing. I believe they are one of only 2 teams that have never been out of the top flight ever!
    Who are the other team?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

There are no sides in England who have always been in the top flight.

Arsenal started in Division 2 in 1893-94 and were promoted to Division 1 in 1903-04. They were relegated back to Div 2 in 1912-13, and promoted back to Division 1 in 1914-15 but had to wait until 1919 to play in Division 1 because of the war. In total Arsenal spent 13 seasons outside the top flight since 1893-94 (their first season).

I suspect you think the other club was Everton, but they were relegated in 1929-30 (straight back up) and 1950-51. In total, Everton have played 4 seasons outside the top flight since 1888-89 - the inaugural season of the FL.

There are clubs who have never been relegated including
    Celtic
    Inter Milan
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona
    Athletic Bilbao

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Who are the other team?
    There isn't one team, let alone two.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    There isn't one team, let alone two.
    Exactly

Aberdeen have never been relegated either, but they started in the Scottish Second Division.

The Arse are the only team to have been in the top flight continuously since WWII.

I think.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    The Arse are the only team to have been in the top flight continuously since WWII.

I think.
    They’ve been in the top flight continuously since the resumption after WW1.

It's not going to happen, but if it did, I would laugh and laugh.
    The Premier is destroying the rest of the league, with their arrogance and greed.
    It would do them some good to find themselves down with the 'rest of us'.
    Sadly, they'd go straight back up. Even a crap Arsenal is too good for the Championship.
    Financial Fair Play isn't helping, it's holding us back, and that's just the way they like it.

- Owner's making money from Arsenal
    - Agent's making money from Arsenal
    - Fans making money from Arsenal
    - Pundit's making money from Arsenal

Arsenal care more about making money than football at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    - Owner's making money from Arsenal
    - Agent's making money from Arsenal
    - Fans making money from Arsenal
    - Pundit's making money from Arsenal

Arsenal care more about making money than football at the moment.
    Fans making money??

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Fans making money??
    One fan was selling "Arteta Out" shirts within an hour of one of the Spurs game finishing for £22 before P+P. Either a money making exercise in itself or promotion for their other work but not what their club needs.

One fan was selling "Arteta Out" shirts within an hour of one of the Spurs game finishing for £22 before P+P. Either a money making exercise in itself or promotion for their other work but not what their club needs.
    That hardly qualifies as a generalisation of Arsenal fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    That hardly qualifies as a generalisation of Arsenal fans.
    The club's own players have begun to turn on the channel - full back Hector Bellerin questioned the loyalty of the fans who appeared on the channel in a February 2018 talk at the Oxford Union.

Bellerin said: 'It's so wrong for someone who claims to be a fan and their success is fed off a failure. How can that be a fan? There's just people hustling, trying to make money their way, which everyone is entitled to do.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ange-name.html
    For Fans, by Fans, Against the Club: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/28/s...al-fan-tv.html
    Arsene Wenger has called on Arsenal fans to show their support at a difficult time, insisting a negative mindset "will not work" in helping his side achieve success this season.

https://www.beinsports.com/en/footba...ative-1/640468
    I'm sure each fan would say they've put in years and many thousands of pounds supporting the club and will continue to do so, but heightened emotions sell and you now have different fans competing to have the best heighted emotional response in order to make money. Absolutely their right to do so but the flip side is a player and a manager saying it's not helping the club.

I don’t know what the equivalent of £22 was back in 1985, but there’s no way I would have paid it for a Durban out shirt, despite me really, really wanting him out .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don’t know what the equivalent of £22 was back in 1985, but there’s no way I would have paid it for a Durban out shirt, despite me really, really wanting him out .
    £8.36p apparently.

Not looking like relegation fodder tonight.