+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Christmas Day Football

Christmas Day Football

Wouldn’t have minded it being revived this season after a long absence. Players are most probably training or even at hotels prior to the Boxing Day fixtures, so a game a day earlier would be no disruption to their (non existent) festivities. A couple of games on the telly would be welcome tomorrow to combat the usual tedious Christmas Day fayre.

Re: Christmas Day Football

When were games last played on Christmas day?

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    When were games last played on Christmas day?
    1950s wasn't it?
    Wasn't uncommon for the return fixture to be played on Boxing day or the day after.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    1950s wasn't it?
    Wasn't uncommon for the return fixture to be played on Boxing day or the day after.
    Thanks.
    I'd quite like to see back to back games played throughout the season with a three or four day gap in between.

NFL game tomorrow afternoon Vikings @ Saints (9pm in the UK) it’s also Finals week in Fantasy Football. Looking forward to it.

Talking of Fantasy Football.. there are a few NFL fans on here... anyone interested in a message board league? I’d set it up next season, just gauging interest

Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Thanks.
    I'd quite like to see back to back games played throughout the season with a three or four day gap in between.
    Nah.

If we're going through a bad spell, injury crisis, etc - wwe'd lose both.

2 day's off for Christmas 🎄 let's get 2 games in as the lads are back in work on the 27th ............
    Down the pits
    Steel workers
    Dock workers

Most couldn't afford to play football full time as the money was so shite. ........

Look what it's all turned into these days........
    Makes my pizz boil !!!!!!!!!!!!