+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OK, the gloves are off .......over rated bands

OK, the gloves are off .......over rated bands

Floyd ......some right silly nonsense , after waters left even worse . Wish you were here i can handle just about

Clash .....not into them at all , Londons burning is a great song but thats it , don't understand the fuss

Red hot chilli peppers ......first few albums ok but then very samey

Radiohead .....christ no

Stones .....never like that lot

Guns N Roses .......dreadful overhyped Aerosmith copy cats

Manic Street Preachers , Kevin Carter, Motorcycle Emptyness, thats it

Stereophonics .......pub band , annoying voice

AcDc since bon Scott died, one or two good songs but generally just going through the motions

Queen , that live performance at the Hammersmith apollo in 75 was immense but I never saw what the fuss was about after the early days

Re: OK, the gloves are off .......over rated bands

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    And the entirety of The Holy Bible and Everything Must Go. Gold Against the Soul & Generation Terrorists have some fantastic riffs that I'd have thought would be exactly your kind of thing. Journal for Plague Lovers & Futurology are two brilliant gems of albums as well

For overrated bands look no further than Oasis. Derivative dirge with relentlessly unpoetic, unimaginative shite lyrics

Flock Of Seagulls

simple minds

i could stomach the once upon a time album but thats it

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    And the entirety of The Holy Bible and Everything Must Go. Gold Against the Soul & Generation Terrorists have some fantastic riffs that I'd have thought would be exactly your kind of thing. Journal for Plague Lovers & Futurology are two brilliant gems of albums as well

For overrated bands look no further than Oasis. Derivative dirge with relentlessly unpoetic, unimaginative shite lyrics
    Gosh yes dreadful songs listed below:
    Wonder wall
    Don't Look Back In Anger
    Half A World Away.
    Masterplan
    Champagne Supernova
    Cigarettes & Alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    simple minds

i could stomach the once upon a time album but thats it
    Thought Waterfront was a brilliant song

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vxXfu-Kbtbc

ghost dancing the best of the bunch from that lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XtRoVofo8A

Floyd ......some right silly nonsense , after waters left even worse . Wish you were here i can handle just about

Clash .....not into them at all , Londons burning is a great song but thats it , don't understand the fuss

Radiohead .....christ no

AcDc since bon Scott died, one or two good songs but generally just going through the motions

Queen , that live performance at the Hammersmith apollo in 75 was immense but I never saw what the fuss was about after the early days
    I just don't get the Manic Street Preachers. Their music is so bland. But the Red Hot Chili Peppers do my head in. WHAT THE ****? They were OK for a short while 30 years ago, but they're still going and doing a lesser version of exactly the same thing and they still get a fair amount of attention when they release new records and when they tour, they play massive festivals and arena shows.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Oasis I can agree with , total shite

Yes - self indulgent crap
    Black Sabbath - talentless and just a screeching noise
    Genesis - Yes imitators
    Cream - painful

Queen - end of conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Queen - end of conversation.
    ...end of conversation bob?
    ..for you maybe

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ...end of conversation bob?
    ..for you maybe
    Well, although one or two on here would no doubt try it, I can hardly say it is the end of the conversation for anyone else can I.

Hawkwind - same as the worst band.

The OP question is an interesting one but a thread like this often turns into everyone simply listing bands they dont like, understand or get; which for me is a slightly different issue. A few have mentioned Queen. I too dislike Queen but don't consider them over rated just because I dont like them. Just means others have different tastes

To be over rated, I think you have to acknowledge merit in the band but not undertand the level of success or popularity they achieved.

For me, its Arctic Monkeys. I can see how they brought something a bit fresh when they emerged but the hype and press coverage they recieved was well out of proportion

Feedback

Proof that there are many on here who know **** all about music.

Everything has musical value, even the likes of steps. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post

Everything has musical value, even the likes of steps. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its overrated.
    is the correct answer merry xmas mate

Clash .....not into them at all , Londons burning is a great album as is Give em enough Rope and The Clash

Radiohead .....christ no

FYP

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Gosh yes dreadful songs listed below:
    Wonder wall
    Don't Look Back In Anger
    Half A World Away.
    Masterplan
    Champagne Supernova
    Cigarettes & Alcohol
    Thanks for listing down some brilliant classic songs. Oasis ROCK.

Oasis
    Genesis
    Dire Straights
    The Beatles
    The Clash
    REM

The right answer, music is subjective and means different things to different people.

So, using that analogy, there's no point talking about anything being over rated is there?

If your using Steps as an example then maybe your the one who knows **** all about music.😂😂

Its most overrated anyway not who you dislike. Ive listed the Beatles Clash and Oasis but like some of their stuff. Hate Wonderwall thougn.

Anyway enjoy Steps 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, using that analogy, there's no point talking about anything being over rated is there?
    Hard to argue that 70% of young English footballers aren't overrated, nowhere near as subjective or personal to people as music.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    The OP question is an interesting one but a thread like this often turns into everyone simply listing bands they dont like, understand or get; which for me is a slightly different issue. A few have mentioned Queen. I too dislike Queen but don't consider them over rated just because I dont like them. Just means others have different tastes

To be over rated, I think you have to acknowledge merit in the band but not undertand the level of success or popularity they achieved.

For me, its Arctic Monkeys. I can see how they brought something a bit fresh when they emerged but the hype and press coverage they recieved was well out of proportion
    My opinion of the Arctic Monkeys is much like yours it seems, but you appear to me to be saying that I cannot feel exactly the same way about Queen who were a much hyped band when they first appeared in the mid seventies and stayed that way for most of their existence while Freddie Mercury was still alive.