+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Von-Layen Tamer

Re: The Von-Layen Tamer

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Three. Word. SLOGANS.

People are too busy talking about rubbish ballroom dancers and even rubbisher singers on X Factor to concentrate or digest anything longer.

BREXIT MEANS BREXIT
    WIN BACK CONTROL
    CONTROL OUR BORDERS
    GET IT DONE
    Sounds like Warnock on the touchline during our Premier League season.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Where are the benefits coming from, who is going to benefit? This isn't "leave", it's just moving out of the mansion to live in the shed
    Unless of course there's abuse going on in the mansion and it's toxic you may be better off in the shed.

This man saw Brexit coming way back in 2002

https://youtu.be/irH6iCLTRME

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Sounds like Warnock on the touchline during our Premier League season.
    And my god do we need that spirit now .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    the spirit that got us relegated?

What spirit?

The country is broken.

It may just be me, but if you think I'm going "to put my shoulder to the wheel" to get behind Farage, Tommy Robinson, Rees Mogg and Jim Davidson's vision of the future of the country, you are going to have a long wait

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'll agree to that on these conditions.

Wales, Scotland and Northern Irish MPs have equal say on all matters. When it comes to a vote, each country's MPs combined will have 25% share.

If Welsh MPs want to do something in Wales that England might not like, as long as there's a majority within Welsh MPs for it, their bill is passed in Wales.

Happy? Thought not.

The flooding of Trederwen was agreed in Westminster but all Welsh MPs voted against it. Was that a good deal for Wales? Of course not. Any time there is potential conflict in the house between Wales and England, England will win every time. Are you happy with that? I'm not. Not at all.

In a referendum, as long as 59% of England votes one way, it can override the other countries voting 100% the other way. Is that a good deal for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland? Of course it isn't.

Because England is a far bigger country in terms of population than the rest, it is able to dictate to the others what happens. I don't agree with that. I would hope that all proper Welshmen would be against such things as well.
    Do you mean the flooding of Capel Celyn??

And why put that ridiculous last sentence in?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    lets see what this westminster government does to keep those votes blue instead of red. We may be pleasantly surprised.
    Alternatively, they may think they have a mandate to move further to the right. That would be very scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Do you mean the flooding of Capel Celyn??

And why put that ridiculous last sentence in?
    Because I'd be amazed at any Welshmen who would happily see Wales have less say in our affairs. Would you happily overturn devolution and put Wales in a position where we could be outvoted time and again on things if it didn't suit the English?

Thinking about another thing, most of those who would welcome an end to devolution seem to be right wing Tory voters. Would they all welcome an end to the Senedd if Labour kept winning UK general elections and the Conservatives held constant power in Wales?

Thinking about another thing, most of those who would welcome an end to devolution seem to be right wing Tory voters. Would they all welcome an end to the Senedd if Labour kept winning UK general elections and the Conservatives held constant power in Wales?
    They either hate the poor and hate the Welsh or are too stupid to see the consequences of their actions.

Wales will be the biggest loser of brexit, it’s hardly in a good state as it is, especially outside of Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    What spirit?

The country is broken.

It may just be me, but if you think I'm going "to put my shoulder to the wheel" to get behind Farage, Tommy Robinson, Rees Mogg and Jim Davidson's vision of the future of the country, you are going to have a long wait
    Same here. I already work hard just to keep the bills paid. Working "harder" to "make this work" is for the bird brains who actually think that's how it works.

We are all in this together now brexit has been done

Especially those who went to Eton

Boris and his chums are going to look after grimsby and the valleys , make no mistake

And now its back to top topless darts at Roehampton!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We are all in this together now brexit has been done

Especially those who went to Eton

Boris and his chums are going to look after grimsby and the valleys , make no mistake

And now its back to top topless darts at Roehampton!
    well his his chums in Grimsby and the valleys can have there say , in fact Wales has a chance in May to do that .

well his his chums in Grimsby and the valleys can have there say , in fact Wales has a chance in May to do that .
    Well we all know that because Boris has .....got brexit done ......eventually even its a piss deal .......that the people who voted for it will think what a guy and vote for him when the time comes ........but the forecast is they have shat on their own doorstep so how long they will remain loyal remains to be seen

Well we all know that because Boris has .....got brexit done ......eventually even its a piss deal .......that the people who voted for it will think what a guy and vote for him when the time comes ........but the forecast is they have shat on their own doorstep so how long they will remain loyal remains to be seen
    In the North its a strange landscape politically they see the Labour Party as Londoncentric and being abandoned,
    it will be tough for Sir Kier to connect with them as they see him coming from an elite background, as you say time will tell .

I wonder which way Sir Kier will jump when the vote comes ,there are rumblings in the party asking how he could possibly back a Boris deal , if he abstains he's seen as fence sitting , if he votes against it the North won't like him , no where to turn?

In the North its a strange landscape politically they see the Labour Party as Londoncentric and being abandoned,
    it will be tough for Sir Kier to connect with them as they see him coming from an elite background, as you say time will tell .

I wonder which way Sir Kier will jump when the vote comes ,there are rumblings in the party asking how he could possibly back a Boris deal , if he abstains he's seen as fence sitting , if he votes against it the North won't like him , no where to turn?
    I don’t think labour will get back in ever again, only some sort of pact with SNP or DUP but I can’t see them returning a majority, they’re a spent force.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I don’t think labour will get back in ever again, only some sort of pact with SNP or DUP but I can’t see them returning a majority, they’re a spent force.
    That's a tough ask pacts with DUP and SNP we know they will want blood, especially the Sturgeon

That's a tough ask pacts with DUP and SNP we know they will want blood, especially the Sturgeon
    DUP and Labour??? Highly unlikely

And the SNP would demand too high a price

I don't think much of starmer if I am honest

Many said the same about the Tories in 1997 when they suffered several landslides in succession. Swings and roundabouts. I think much of it is due to the popularity of the person in charge to middle England.

for those of us that don't and will never vote Conservative there needs to be a progressive middle ground political party to represent the majority of the British public , generally only around a third of the country vote tory , the problem for those of us who don't is that infighting within Labour, liberals etc fecks it up

Plaid talk a good game but labours biggest screw up was losing all those seats to the krankies

for those of us that don't and will never vote Conservative there needs to be a progressive middle ground political party to represent the majority of the British public , generally only around a third of the country vote tory , the problem for those of us who don't is that infighting within Labour, liberals etc fecks it up

Plaid talk a good game but labours biggest screw up was losing all those seats to the krankies
    Yep I agree sludge it’s definitely time for a new party.

Many said the same about the Tories in 1997 when they suffered several landslides in succession. Swings and roundabouts. I think much of it is due to the popularity of the person in charge to middle England.
    True Eric....but Scotland has fallen which makes it a lot different than 1997.

True Eric....but Scotland has fallen which makes it a lot different than 1997.
    Wouldn't have made any difference in 1997, but in these days where there's not a huge difference in the vote, it does make a difference.