+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Von-Layen Tamer

Re: The Von-Layen Tamer

Quote Originally Posted by Talksport View Post
    Typical remoaner telling us Brexiteers that we were conned into voting for it. Get a life sunshine, we knew what we wanted, and we've eventually got it. Would have been done quicker if our best PM ever was still around, our Maggie 😁.
    Democracy has prevailed, Boris has delivered what the people voted for.
    Finally, let's vote next year to scrap Welsh Parliament, you know it makes sense 😉🍺🥂🎉🎇
    Can you tell me what benefits you voted for and what benefits we’ve got?

Because to me we were promised all that money for the NHS which isn’t happening, we were promised we could control our borders and nothing has changed, we were promised jobs wouldn’t leave and they have.

I wouldn’t classify myself as a leaver or a remainer because this isn’t football it’s politics, and we’ve basically ended up with things being worse for wales and the working class again.

Personally it won’t affect me, I invested and made decent money from brexit and Covid ****ing everything and will more than likely move abroad again if there is no tangible benefit from it.

I just don’t like the working classes being duped into voting for something that makes their lives worse which this already has and, unless there’s a miracle to come, will continue to.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    There isn't one
    We had this thread before and it went about 50 pages without one benefit being given.

Apparently asking people questions is the worst thing anyone can do as well so we’ll never get a decent answer.

You only have to look at talksport to see the problem with it, people were promised a fillet steak and have ended up with a shit sandwich but because people now treat politics like footballs teams no one will ever change their mind and will now argue that they loved eating shit sandwiches all along.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It is not a genuine question and you know it is not. You are asking how something has improved life for the common man (what ever you mean by that phrase) which only happened yesterday so it has no chance yet of helping or hurting anyone.
    Despite all the comments about 4 1/2 years most of that delay was caused by people who would not accept the will of the people. Until next friday materially nothing has changed so the question is spurious, and as I say, you know it is.

And again you state an opinion as if it were fact. You think the valleys will be fecked, but you cannot possibly know that for a fact for the same reason I just stated.
    Let me ask you a question. Don't you think the valleys are already fecked inside the EU and if not in what way do you know (notice the word know, not think) that they will be fecked now.
    Why do you keep saying it only happened yesterday? It happened a year ago and we’ve not done anything we couldn’t have done within the eu and now have a worse trade deal with our biggest trading partner and a load of companies have moved their headquarters to Europe.

As someone who grew up in the Valleys they’ve been ignored and mistreated for years but were getting eu funding. Do you think that governments will stop ignoring them now they’re not getting that funding?

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/bu...-brexit/14/09/

This has a list of companies that had left the U.K. due to brexit last year.

Ill ask one more question, can anyone name me any companies that have moved to the U.K. since brexit was announced ?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Ill ask one more question, can anyone name me any companies that have moved to the U.K. since brexit was announced ?
    Doesn’t matter what you or I or any else thinks now we are out of Europe, so we have to make the best of it, nothing we can do.

That is a rather odd question as no company would move here while uncertainty remained. You are simply - and incorrectly on occasions - looking for reasons to oppose anything the government does. Obviously there will be a short term hit on the economy and the government has 4 years to get things right before the next election. Failure will give Labour a good chance.

You have no choice other than to get over it and not wish the UK ill will just because the Tories are in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Doesn’t matter what you or I or any else thinks now we are out of Europe, so we have to make the best of it, nothing we can do.
    So it is shit but no point discussing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    That is a rather odd question as no company would move here while uncertainty remained. You are simply - and incorrectly on occasions - looking for reasons to oppose anything the government does. Obviously there will be a short term hit on the economy and the government has 4 years to get things right before the next election. Failure will give Labour a good chance.

You have no choice other than to get over it and not wish the UK ill will just because the Tories are in power.
    So we can’t make a judgement from companies leaving and taking billions from our economy either?

Is bringing 4 years of uncertainty to the country so much so that companies won’t move here a good idea?

I don’t know what the last paragraph is talking about, I want the opposite of wishing ill on the U.K. that’s why I think brexit is stupid.

Those are just the headline companies, they each have their supply chains. My own company is an example, it supplies 3 of those listed and is also moving out. As a consequence our moulding, casting, electronics, software, packaging suppliers will all lose their contracts and many jobs (i estimate around 800+/- in total).

xsnaggle wrote it isn't hurting, are you for real? Those 800 jobs are people who are hurting as a direct consequence, which will ultimately include myself once the exit strategy is complete.

Des (now in Poland)

So we can’t make a judgement from companies leaving and taking billions from our economy either?

Is bringing 4 years of uncertainty to the country so much so that companies won’t move here a good idea?

I don’t know what the last paragraph is talking about, I want the opposite of wishing ill on the U.K. that’s why I think brexit is stupid.
    Of course you can't make a judgement. Without a trade deal no Company would move to the UK. Now the future is more certain a more informed judgement can be made. That is so obvious your original question asking what companies have moved here since Brexit, in order to form a judgement, is absurd. Brexit can't be determined by what has happened in the last 4 years. Perhaps in the next 4 years we will have a better idea whether Brexit is a success or failure.

Of course you can't make a judgement. Without a trade deal no Company would move to the UK. Now the future is more certain a more informed judgement can be made. That is so obvious your original question asking what companies have moved here since Brexit, in order to form a judgement, is absurd. Brexit can't be determined by what has happened in the last 4 years. Perhaps in the next 4 years we will have a better idea whether Brexit is a success or failure.
    You can already see from Des' post above that Brexit has made a bad start for the UK, and is likely to continue that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    You can already see from Des' post above that Brexit has made a bad start for the UK, and is likely to continue that way.
    No you can't. That was before a deal had been made when companies were afraid the UK would leave with no deal. We will only be able to judge whether Brexit has succeeded or failed in a few years time. I'm neutral on Brexit as only time will tell whether Brexit has been a success or dismal failure. Supposedly there will be a 4% hit on the economy which clearly is not good. But let's wait and see.

How can you tell whether companies will continue to leave the UK in the light of a trade deal? I can't and have not read of any speculation anywhere to suggest companies will continue to leave. Even if they do the UK will now be able to be awarded large contracts which previously had to be advertised EU wide.

No you can't. That was before a deal had been made when companies were afraid the UK would leave with no deal. We will only be able to judge whether Brexit has succeeded or failed in a few years time. I'm neutral on Brexit as only time will tell whether Brexit has been a success or dismal failure. Supposedly there will be a 4% hit on the economy which clearly is not good. But let's wait and see.

How can you tell whether companies will continue to leave the UK in the light of a trade deal? I can't and have not read of any speculation anywhere to suggest companies will continue to leave. Even if they do the UK will now be able to be awarded large contracts which previously had to be advertised EU wide.
    I'm not sure you are quite right there. Read Des' post again. It is below. He clearly states that their customer require spare parts to be made in the EU.

"And there you have it. As I'm now living in Poland and in the course of moving 450 jobs out of the UK (plus roughly the same supply chain jobs). I'm seeing the consequences first hand. Our EU contracts state must be made within the EU, our UK contracts have no reciprocal clause. Southern Germany wins again and our suppliers across England & Wales just lost jobs a s a result."

Why are you still banging on about Government awarded contracts?

What relevance has that to des' firm or the vast majority of global companies with European HQs here?

I dont recall the brexit loons telling us it will take 4 years to get a deal and during that period jobs will be taken out of the UK.

Then judge after another 4 years.

I remember buses with lets fund the NHS though.

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    Why are you still banging on about Government awarded contracts?

What relevance has that to des' firm or the vast majority of global companies with European HQs here?
    I explained that earlier not in relation to Des but in relation to the opportunities that could be opened in light of Brexit. Everything isn't necessarily bad. Everything is speculation at this stage. Perhaps the experience of Des is relevant and more jobs will be moved but perhaps his experience won't be replicated. Who knows. You can't make a judgement on the basis of one person's experience.

I explained that earlier not in relation to Des but in relation to the opportunities that could be opened in light of Brexit. Everything isn't necessarily bad. Everything is speculation at this stage. Perhaps the experience of Des is relevant and more jobs will be moved but perhaps his experience won't be replicated. Who knows. You can't make a judgement on the basis of one person's experience.
    With respect I'm not. I'm making a judgement as a self-employed sound engineer who has done probably a third of my work in Europe over the years. I also run an events company with my wife, and we do one or two shows a year show on the continent, typically a conference for a pan European workforce/

The deal may look neutral to you, but from where I'm standing it looks like a giant steaming turd

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I dont recall the brexit loons telling us it will take 4 years to get a deal and during that period jobs will be taken out of the UK.

Then judge after another 4 years.

I remember buses with lets fund the NHS though.
    There's no question that had people known what would happen from mid 2016 to the end of 2020, leave would definitely not have won the referendum.

Easy answer to your question Eric, is vote to scrap WP. Let's be run from Westminster, whoever is in Govt.
    Like all your stats btw 👍
    Scrapping Welsh Government would be utopia, as I don't think they are up to the job and we've had a good couple of decades at it .

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    There's no question that had people known what would happen from mid 2016 to the end of 2020, leave would definitely not have won the referendum.
    Unless you can back that up with fact its just supposition .

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I think that they still would have won, or at least come close.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Scrapping Welsh Government would be utopia, as I don't think they are up to the job and we've had a good couple of decades at it .
    nless you can back that up with fact its just supposition .

Typical remoaner telling us Brexiteers that we were conned into voting for it. Get a life sunshine, we knew what we wanted, and we've eventually got it. Would have been done quicker if our best PM ever was still around, our Maggie ��.
    Democracy has prevailed, Boris has delivered what the people voted for.
    Finally, let's vote next year to scrap Welsh Parliament, you know it makes sense ����������
    How embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    I think that they still would have won, or at least come close.
    I thought Brexit was one of the main issues in the 2019 General Election when the Tories won by a landslide.

I thought Brexit was one of the main issues in the 2019 General Election when the Tories won by a landslide.
    I would agree, along with Corbyn