+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who remembers Mjoendalen’s chocolate brown kit ?

Who remembers Mjoendalen’s chocolate brown kit ?

The Cup Winners Cup days threw up some surprises in the old days and this was one of them. Most of the away teams used to play in red or white in those days, with the odd Sunderland or Norwich City kit thrown in. Loved all the European games at the time, great to see a different kind of technical football, instead of the usual fare that was served up.

Re: Who remembers Mjoendalen’s chocolate brown kit ?

7-1 away, 5-1 at home wasn’t it? Those were the days eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    The Cup Winners Cup days threw up some surprises in the old days and this was one of them. Most of the away teams used to play in red or white in those days, with the odd Sunderland or Norwich City kit thrown in. Loved all the European games at the time, great to see a different kind of technical football, instead of the usual fare that was served up.
    Yes I do, can also remember us playing in red and white against Porto at Ninian Park.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes I do, can also remember us playing in red and white against Porto at Ninian Park.
    If I remember rightly, the away leg was played in the afternoon and I listened to the game in class at school and with an earpiece hidden by my long hair. I remember the commentator describing the trees around the perimeter of the pitch and the low sun.