+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A question for cardiffians regarding the river ely and taff, fishing

A question for cardiffians regarding the river ely and taff, fishing

how do I get access to the river ely around the back of the Ely estate , along where the paper mill used to be and down to the Penarth Road area and into Cardiff bay ? Is there an Asdas down that way or is it further up ?

I have a permit to fish the Ely for pike , perch and other stuff from St Fagans museum all the way down to where the river flows into Cardiff bay but I have no idea where to park .

For the taff I again have a permit from the M4 Radyr down to the bay but only usually park at Sophia Gardens sports centre and fish around there , never really been north up to Western avenue , Llandaff rowing club and up to radar or south from Sophia Gardens

Any advice gratefully received, once this pandemic has lifted I have hours of pleasure planned but not being from the city have no idea where to park

Us country folk are simple people

Ask me how to find a kebab house in Bridgend and I am your man

Re: A question for cardiffians regarding the river ely and taff, fishing

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    how do I get access to the river ely around the back of the Ely estate , along where the paper mill used to be and down to the Penarth Road area and into Cardiff bay ? Is there an Asdas down that way or is it further up ?

I have a permit to fish the Ely for pike , perch and other stuff from St Fagans museum all the way down to where the river flows into Cardiff bay but I have no idea where to park .

For the taff I again have a permit from the M4 Radyr down to the bay but only usually park at Sophia Gardens sports centre and fish around there , never really been north up to Western avenue , Llandaff rowing club and up to radar or south from Sophia Gardens

Any advice gratefully received, once this pandemic has lifted I have hours of pleasure planned but not being from the city have no idea where to park

Us country folk are simple people

Ask me how to find a kebab house in Bridgend and I am your man
    https://www.outdoorcardiff.com/walks/ely-trail/#Travel

You can access the trail from both ends. Easiest is St Fagans, though also Fairwater - lots of info here

Re: A question for cardiffians regarding the river ely and taff, fishing

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    https://www.outdoorcardiff.com/walks/ely-trail/#Travel

You can access the trail from both ends. Easiest is St Fagans, though also Fairwater - lots of info here
    Thank you very much Mr monk