+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neil Harris - Norwich a cut above

Neil Harris - Norwich a cut above

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...arris-19520822

Negative vibes as well regarding Brentford, how to motivate your players - Not.

Re: Neil Harris - Norwich a cut above

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

I think he is over emphasising how good Norwich were, they have some good players but we gave them a load of time and space and didn’t close them down at all, we made it easy for them

How to please Cardiff City fans with a press conference:

1. Don't be overly positivity. If you make an overly positive statement twice, even if everything else you say is measured and reasonable, this will end up in the headline and receive a negative reaction.

2. Don't be realistic. Describing the best team in the league, the only team that has broken away from the pack, as as a cut above will be seen as negative. This will also receive a negative reaction.

3. Don't be overly negative. Fans and pundits are allowed to use hyperbole in their negativity but you are definitely not.

What do you want him to say? Brentford are shite and we'll spank them 6-0. Some people are never happy whatever Harris says 🙄

Yes I expect him to say we’ll beat them 6-0!! All I’m saying is don’t hype the opposition upmtoo much that will have a negative effect on the players. There’s too much negativity around the Club at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I think he is over emphasising how good Norwich were, they have some good players but we gave them a load of time and space and didn’t close them down at all, we made it easy for them
    We did make it easy for them. No doubt they would've got the result and they are a better squad of individual footballers, i don't think that anyone is disputing that. It's how you lose though, and how you react during a game, a subject that we did last week. One of the most depressing things i my opinion is some of our supporters attitude towards teams like Norwich, looking at them in some unobtainable way, like they're so advanced in a footballing level that just by us turning up and throwing a punch is excusable, because let's face it, they're just much better than us. People should be a bit angry that a team like Norwich can dismantle us with such ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We did make it easy for them. No doubt they would've got the result and they are a better squad of individual footballers, i don't think that anyone is disputing that. It's how you lose though, and how you react during a game, a subject that we did last week. One of the most depressing things i my opinion is some of our supporters attitude towards teams like Norwich, looking at them in some unobtainable way, like they're so advanced in a footballing level that just by us turning up and throwing a punch is excusable, because let's face it, they're just much better than us. People should be a bit angry that a team like Norwich can dismantle us with such ease.
    I thought we were good for most of the first half, second half was poor

Yes I expect him to say we’ll beat them 6-0!! All I’m saying is don’t hype the opposition upmtoo much that will have a negative effect on the players. There’s too much negativity around the Club at the moment.
    The players are professionals, I'm sure they'll be fine. I'd rather him be honest about the task at hand

Do you honestly believe that he would say the same thing to the players in private ? What negativity around the club ? The only negativity I see is from some fans constantly questioning the managers actions and criticising the players. Perhaps you should take some of your own advice.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Do you honestly believe that he would say the same thing to the players in private ? What negativity around the club ? The only negativity I see is from some fans constantly questioning the managers actions and criticising the players. Perhaps you should take some of your own advice.
    I’m never negative!

Norwich not a cut above tonight